Reportage from Origins: MW:DA Seminar

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Chas
07/11/02 08:38 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Simple english Karagin.

"If MW:DA is little more than an adjunct of CBT, it will not grow. Nor will CBT."

The thing is, MW:DA IS more than an adjunct of CBT. So it's gowth or lack of it will have far less bearing on CBT than you seem to think it will.

And if MW:DA tanks, CBT will still be around.

Please stop trying to pervert my words into something they're not.
---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:40 PM

If you say so, then I guess you are saying so.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Warner_Doles
07/11/02 08:41 PM

Please close this thread as it has been successfully turned it into another free for all where a certain individual is using personal attacks and mud slinging as part of their opinion. Thank you.

Chas
07/11/02 08:43 PM

You still didn't respond to the point about them doing the work to convert another game to theirs for free. Especially when it would break their own game.

Ifyou want CBT to MW:DA conversions, DO IT YOURSELF. Nobody's stopping you.

Just don't expect official support from WK for it.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:46 PM

Yes I did, if you would look again I responded to your responce to mackitty, in his question to you.

But I will post it again in parapharsed context to keep it simple.

Not for Free, the converison rules for use BT miniatures in MWDA should be in the Stater Box Set, thus to get the rules for those that want them, the Stater Set would have to be bought.

Does that answer your question?
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:47 PM

Sorry I am not part of the parinoid group that you and the others feel are out to get and ruin the game...

Yet your arguments smack of paranoia, and you share them with a group of other like-minded individuals.

As for ruining the game? You give yourself way too much credit. At best, your arguments and accusations are little more than a nuisance.

But seeing how you are doing nothing but breaking the rules and such

You can keep claiming that I am breaking the rules here. That doesn't make it so.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 08:48 PM

Great response there.

Thanks for bowing down to my unassailable wisdom.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:49 PM

I am sure all of us read, or at least I am taking a wild guess that they did...

But this subject is so heated and seems to be the dividing line among the fans, it could be almost considers an extention of he Civil War in the FC...now there is a nice way to tie it in...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:50 PM

Again, thank you for bowing to my impeccable logic.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:52 PM

And you keep claiming I am part of some vast group who are a nuisance when the same could be said about you and your inflated ego at times.

Let me asks you this, if this is only a game then why is everyone on both sides taking everything said about it as some kind of attack on them, what they believe or don't believe and why all the antomosite?

Last time I looked we were all here and we all played games for fun...seems that is forgotten as of late...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:52 PM

The problem is that you STILL want a freebie.

You want to be able to NOT buy pieces for the game like everyone else should have to.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:53 PM

Wisdom? It was blinding light of something else...
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 08:56 PM

You missed it completely...did I not say the starter pack would have to be bought? Thus I am buying the pices to play the other game as well if I so want the conversion rules.

No freebie here, and no overpowering of the new players since the rules of MWDA would apply to the converted units just as the would to normal units in that game.

I still don't see the problem here...but it's clear that there is a problem.

Hell I thought this would be a great idea...something that could in a small why turn the heat down some what about the ifs ands or buts of MWDA and BT...guess I was wrong on that one...oh well.
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 08:57 PM

Let me asks you this, if this is only a game then why is everyone on both sides taking everything said about it as some kind of attack on them

I couldn't tell you. I know that I am not taking it as an attack on anything. I'm merely arguing faulty data.

Last time I looked we were all here and we all played games for fun...seems that is forgotten as of late...

Well, with people like Durango who is "Not interested in the game, but in imparting negative spin (marketing term for bad-mouthing a game for the sole purpose of creating conflict), is it any wonder?

I'm not saying you have to play the game.
I'm not saying you have to buy into the game.
I'm not even saying you have to LIKE the game.

All I'm saying is the easiest way to shut me up is to get the facts straight.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 08:57 PM

And again it wasn't your logic or wit I am bowing to...more like the blinding light you are putting off...
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 09:01 PM

Now you know the power of the blue flame!

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 09:04 PM

No, I didn't miss it.

The conversions cost time, money, and effort.

And, such a conversion destroys any innate value in the MW:DA business model. Because people can assemble their own proxy pieces with the conversions.
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 09:05 PM

At least you are being honest about how you feel...let it all out...

Let's go this route, please work with me here on this, say WK waited tell now to let out detailed info on their game MWDA, with Origins and GenCon being the main areas to really get the low down. No "leaks" from their website, no teasers, no back history about things none of that.

Do you think the arguement against the game, aka folks' opinions and such, would be as heated and as loud as they have been for the last year?

I can understand wanting to tease folks and sample the market to see what the reaction is about a product, and then adjust from there, so would it have been better for them to wait and do a big press relase at GenCon and fully debeaue the game there or was their current course of action the best way to, given the amount of firestorms each little bit cause when folks read it and then posted their take on it?

What do you think....
Karagin

Warner_Doles
07/11/02 09:08 PM

It's a pity, because it actually was a nice, informative report.

Yes it was. But some people cannot stand the truth or allow the facts be known. That's ok. I just consider the source and then quickly dismissed them for what they truly are. Pity though, they decided to act in a manner that is socially unacceptable all because they believe their opinions above all else including the personal feelings of others.

Karagin
07/11/02 09:08 PM

Wrong blinding light but it works just as well.
Karagin

MadWolf
07/11/02 09:11 PM

If i remember correctly, this forum isnt known to be very nice anyway. My second thought is that the place refered to as a "Fourm" is a place where people ce say whatever they feel of think, regardless who they hurt or what not, because the persons whos feelings where hurt has ample reply space.
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
MadWolf
07/11/02 09:34 PM

One thing all of you seem to forget..... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY MW:DA ! Geezus! If you don't like WK stuff, then take the story Line the way you want to. If you wish in 3057 the Clans can unite and restart there thrust towards Tera and ComStar can once again try to stop them, while the Draconis Combine plan to backstab them both! You know why this can happen? Cause it's SCI-FI ( which means its not real ) and its a Game ! I don't plan on buying MW:DA because I don't any Mecha where Chainsaws and things like that are used as wepons ( this includes Gundam Wing and the there weapons as well ). The Hatchetman and the AxeMan were pushing the limits for me. Just try this, Wait till the game acctually comes out. Then once you buy the figures, If you even do, then come in the forum and start a war that last 400 some odd post. Relax guys. Don't get bent outta shape for somthing thats just hearsay rightnow. I plan on making my own storyline and droping the MW:DA out of it. Anyone wish to just doso themselves?
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Chas
07/11/02 09:45 PM

Let's go this route, please work with me here on this, say WK waited tell now to let out detailed info on their game MWDA, with Origins and GenCon being the main areas to really get the low down. No "leaks" from their website, no teasers, no back history about things none of that.

Do you think the arguement against the game, aka folks' opinions and such, would be as heated and as loud as they have been for the last year?

And if they HAD spilled the beans on absoloutely everything, what incentive would you have to buy into the new era's material? What incentive would you have to buy the novels?

NONE.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 09:47 PM

Not quite.

Nobody really wants to read a forum full of elaborate "I know you are but what am I?" posts.

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 09:50 PM

That'll be $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.37 for the consultation fee.

If you can't come up with all of it at once, I'll take a 50% down payment, and give you a loan at 3,00,000% interest, compounded every other second.

Just make you you pay on time.

Otherwise I have to have my collection agents come talk with you.

*Points over shoulder to the full cluster of Elementals in full armor*
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
07/11/02 09:53 PM

You missed the point...I am talking not spilling the beans until GenCon. Then only about MWDA...would the same thing have happen that we have on going right now? All the negaitive comments, the flames and the bitterness that has come about over the last year or so?

Please read things again and try to see that it's not about let it all out, it's about taking what we have to date as far as info goes and they (WK) posting and having the current info only avalible during the week of GenCon...

This isn't about incentive to buy...it's about marketing, I am asking if they had waited tell they had everything read to go, and then used the week prior to GenCon to start droping info about the backstory and events etc..and the weekend of GenCon to be the big date when all the facts come together in on package at the convention would that have cut down the firestorms that have been on going for the last year or so?

Or not.

This is not about buying any thing and knowing about the events, it's about waiting and the giving it out when the product is there to back up things...would that have made a difference or not.

So could please re-read my questions and answer them. Thank you.
Karagin

Karagin
07/11/02 09:55 PM

They don't? Then how come all the CNN boards as so slow?
Karagin

Chas
07/11/02 10:17 PM

The problem with your argument is that the product IS there already.

The back-story for MW:DA was pretty much compiled as of last year at GenCon. Mike and Jordan even said as much at the GenCon seminar.

As to the game, they already knew what they were developing. So they gave a few general bits of info about the game.

It's called "creating interest".
---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Chas
07/11/02 10:18 PM

OOOOOH! Good point!

---

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Greyslayer
07/11/02 11:22 PM

'Pity though, they decided to act in a manner that is socially unacceptable all because they believe their opinions above all else including the personal feelings of others.'

Who exactly acted in this manner you talk about? What social rules did they break? And at what time could you class yourself or those being acted upon in this manner being above them in conduct?

Calling for the thread to be closed should be better tackled than by publically blaming someone and then asking for the thread to be closed. It should be done discreetly with the appointed moderator (in this case Slayer).by either email or personal message. The method you chose is something I would normally associate with someone who acts 'in a manner that is socially unacceptable all because they believe their opinions above all else including the personal feelings of others'.

Of course I would've posted this privately if you hadn't had private messages off.... far too much repetitive mud slinging around here .

Greyslayer
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 55897

Contact Admins Sarna.net