Project Phoenix

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Spartan
08/08/02 05:41 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This is great! I haven't been this speechless with glee since Yoda and the lightsaber and the vwing! vwing! vvvwwiiinnnggg!
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
NathanKell
08/08/02 06:11 PM

Whammer! Whammer! Whammer!
6D, the original Trooper!
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Black_Phoenix
08/08/02 06:19 PM

It is good to see that CBT has gotten back at Harmony "FASA can kiss our @**es" Gold. And I must admit that the new Locust looks pretty awesome. YAY!
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Greyslayer
08/08/02 10:50 PM

I liked the original Ostsol .... it is a damn fine piece of kit. I've taken and seen many a warhammer down with this thing. Though essentially it is a light/medium mech 'hunter'.

Greyslayer
MacLeod
08/08/02 11:32 PM

But it's so ugly...

Still, it was more useful than an Ostscout.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
KamikazeJohnson
08/08/02 11:37 PM

What say someone draw up these designs with TDB or HMPro and post them on the design board so we can all ooohhh and ahhhhhhh at them to our hearts' content? I'm sure we all have plenty to say about our old friends
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Greyslayer
08/09/02 12:22 AM

You obviously never played with deliberate skids allowed when the ostscout is in the game

The ostsol isn't a bad looking mini. Especially the panel word on the figure. Certainly better than the later mechs released by Fasa and Ral Partha.

Greyslayer
KamikazeJohnson
08/09/02 12:29 AM

I just did up the 4 new designs on TDB, and noticed a couple errors printed on the CBT page:

1) the Phoenix Hawk is over-armoured. It carries 8 tons Stealth armour (128 points, as stated), but the detailed armour distribution adds up to 132, and places more than the legal max on the CT
2) the Marauder does not use Endo Steel as indicated in the readout at the bottom. If you go by the listed details, you end up short 8 crits, and only 71.5 tons!

I'll post them on the designs board shortly.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
MacLeod
08/09/02 12:36 AM

Hmm... might that be the result of FASA striking back from beyond the grave?
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Bob_Richter
08/09/02 03:21 AM

1) The PXH-4L's armor values are indeed incorrect. I'll bring it up with someone. Since low head armor is a Phoenix Hawk "Feature", I'd drop the head armor to 6 and the rear CT armor to 5, this makes it legal, though I'm not sure if it's correct.
2) You're right, it doesn't. That would be why it's listed at the full mass. I'll bring it up with someone.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Acolyte
08/10/02 06:24 AM

They certainly won't be in my universe. Barring severe head injury, of course.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Cheapbuzz
08/10/02 09:35 AM

They call that thing a Marauder..... WTF?????
Acolyte
08/10/02 10:12 AM

Yep. What that means to me is that they can now start printing fiction that has Maraders without getting sued. The new players in BT will have the mental image of the new design in thier heads, but people like me (and presumably you) will always have the old image in our minds. This also answers the question of what Grayson Death Carlyle, Cat Wilson (from the Kell Hounds), the Bounty Hunter, and numerous other people will be piloting in the new fiction. No changing of 'Mechs nessesary.

The new mini's coming out become my designs. I have a 65 ton level 1 design with 2 large lasers, 2 med lasers and a PPC over the shoulder that, being my design, I haven't had a mini for until now.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
ChalengerII
08/10/02 02:11 PM

Anyone else modified the thunderbolt by dropping 1 ton of LRM ammo and instaling ArtemisIV
PeterSmith
08/11/02 08:56 PM

Uh. The new designs are already up.

Go out and take a look in RS3067.

The new images are being derived from the designs in there.
Peter Smith
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
Countergod
08/20/02 11:59 AM

I can understand why they are changing the looks of Locust, Maurader, Weenie (Phoenix) Hawk (I didn't like the 3025 version, too much heat), etc. They had problems with lawsuits. Why are they going to change the others, like the Archer and Bmaster? I don't remember seeing them in the lawsuits? And frankly, I dont see why everyone is so excited about this, given the fact that the lawsuit says that they will not publish anymore TRO's with the mechs mentioned in the lawsuit. They are still tourney legal, and I have 5 (read that, five) mini's of all the lawsuit ones (one for each house). What's the big deal?
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
novakitty
08/20/02 12:11 PM

Neo-nostalgia: the act of creating something new that reminds people of something they used to like and therefore getting them to like the new thing intead of seeing it objectively.

One of the nastiest marketing methods these days
meow
Karagin
08/20/02 12:43 PM

Actually you have some incorrect info....all but a handful of the 3025 mechs were from other Anmie shows like Macross, Sun of the Fangdogurm etc...(The Archer is from Robotech and the Bmaster is from Dougrm) FASA took Playmate Toy Company to court over the Exo-Squad robots which looked a lot like some of the mechs and one looked just like the Mad Cat. They won that case. Then Harmony Gold jumped in and the case went out of control so FASA felt it was best to remove all NON-FASA drawn mechs so as to avoid the problem. The mechs as you said are still legal to use in games and tournments, it the artwork that is not allowed to be used.

The problem was a lot of the newer players had never seen the art work and had no clue as to what the mechs looked like.

Plus a lot of the fans were requesting that WK/FP get the pictures back or redraw them. So they did something about it and we have the new art work. Which is a good thing I think since it shows the older fans that they their mechs are just as important as the newer ones and it allows the new players the chance to get the older mechs without paying $30 a miniature on Ebay for the original ones. And seeing how the older miniatures are still able to be used no one is left out.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Countergod
08/20/02 01:05 PM

I thought the Mad Cat is still in the revised edition of 3050. And as for the other mechs, I guess I only heard about the 4 (Locust, Weenie, Maruader, and Munchhammer) I didn't know that the 16 unseen were all taken out because of the lawsuit. It's really too bad that lawyers everything in the country!
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
Karagin
08/20/02 01:08 PM

The Mad Cat is because they won that lawsuit, the rest went because some did look like the Robotech mecha even though there are newier pics of them for the RPG out while all of this was going on...they pulled all of the rest like the Golitah and such to avoid anyone else suing them.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Durango
09/13/02 05:29 PM

A present from Warner!?

Thanks, man!

You ROCK...son.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
2 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 14364

Contact Admins Sarna.net