About WOB and Wolf's Dragoons

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Karagin
11/21/02 06:59 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Cary why are you so against him having his opinion?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:01 PM

OK, let me get this right...

Because I'm asking a question that no one has been willing to answer, and because I have doubts, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

Duck, dodge, and belittle. Now there is a great reply to any question that can't be answered.
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:01 PM

In reply to:

And given the number of threads and such that are up questioning the WoB and the Jihad it doesn't seem to be that big of a hit with the players and fans so I am not worried

It's no different than D20 D&D. Same level of griping about how everyone's going to despise it, the game is dead to them, cats and dogs are living together, yada yada yada. The D&D boards and newsgroups were filled with D20 bashers and they still pop-up.

Posts on the internet are from people with strong enough feelings about the matter to post. People who are lukewarm to the new idea or happy with it usually don't - the internet is filled with axe grinders well out of proportion to their actual percentage in the population.
In reply to:

there is NO Depth to MWDA, no RPG side, no real tactical game

Well, duh. It just launched. It took 2-3 years to get out the first MW RPG after BT was first published.
In reply to:

Are you worried that MWDA WON'T be a hit? Are you afraid that all the money you have sunk into Mage Night Dork Age is going to be wasted?

Very. The health of CBT is dependent on MWDA. If BT takes another hit, there's going to be another massive player defection that will probably kill Fanpro's income.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:02 PM

In reply to:

Cary why are you so against him having his opinion?

Karagin, why are you so against me having my opinion?

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
11/21/02 07:03 PM

Glad to see your postion on this...and you know mine...

Karagin

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:03 PM

In reply to:

Now Cray are you defending their actions to shut down anyone with a different opinion or take on the MWDA issue?

Now Karagin are you defending the illogical naysayers with a different opinion or take on the MWDA issue?

Karagin
11/21/02 07:05 PM

I'm not...I am against you and those of the cliche attacking those who happen to NOT have the same feel good and love it opinion that seems to be the only one allowed about MWDA.

You seems to being do the same thing Lance is by telling Rockdaddy he is not correct in how he came up with his opinion.

That is what I am against...so how about backing off and let folks have opinions.
Karagin

Karagin
11/21/02 07:07 PM

First they are not illogical and yes I am. Mainly because of the folks who keep attacking ANYONE who has a different opinion.

So where is your stance? Are you fully supporting MWDA by buying everything that they have put out?
Karagin

Karagin
11/21/02 07:08 PM

Seems to be the standard operating procedure for them...you kind of get use to it after awhile...
Karagin

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:09 PM

In reply to:

Because I'm asking a question that no one has been willing to answer, and because I have doubts, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

Oh, no. No, no.

You're a conspiracy theorist because you don't actually ask the writers. You're "boldly" asking your questions where you'll never be heard by anyone who can give you the answers. You're hiding out here, apparently refusing to go to the Wizkids board and using those wonderful e-mail links, or go to the Fanpro CBT board and use the "ask the writers" forum where you can get your questions answered.

Are you just going to keep huddling here and hope the game writers bother to show up and pay attention to you, or are you going to seek some answers?

The writers and even the line developer frequent www.classicbattletech.com. There's a forum there where you can talk to the Line Developer (rather inactive, that forum) and one where you can talk to the writers (moderated, but it receives frequent attention from the writers).

Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:11 PM

I refuse to post at CBT.com. I'm a paying customer and I have been talked to one too many times in a disrespectful tone by their "employees" [read: moderators]. I have spoken to Bills about it on several occasions, but nothing has changed.
Karagin
11/21/02 07:12 PM

What a load of BS...this question has come up on CBT and NEVER been aswered...and give how many of the same folks who are ON CBT are at all of the other boards that CAN give answers they normally won't since they claim their NDA prevents them from doing so.

SO how about YOU get the facts right this time around. The question has been asked by others and ignored. Just as it's is now.
Karagin

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:12 PM

In reply to:

I am against you and those of the cliche attacking those who happen to NOT have the same feel good and love it opinion that seems to be the only one allowed about MWDA.

Oh, no. I'm against lies and miscomprehensions and misunderstandings. If all those are corrected and MWDA is still disliked - fine.

Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:13 PM

I have emailed them, and gotten no response. I won't post at the CBT site because I deserve better as a paying customer than to be treated like I have been by their moderators.
CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:15 PM

In reply to:

I have emailed them, and gotten no response. I won't post at the CBT site because I deserve better as a paying customer than to be treated like I have been by their moderators.

Heh. Well, that says a lot. Just how hot were you flaming away over there?

Could you give me a rational sampling of your questions? I'd be happy to ask them. Just point by point, no explanations or baggage.

Karagin
11/21/02 07:17 PM

What lies? I have yet to see those...unless they are coming from the other end.

As for the rest...misunderstanding are going to happen...miscomprehensions are a two way street..
Karagin

Karagin
11/21/02 07:18 PM

No one is flamming...the only flames are from you and Lance...nice how it's always the one who happens to question things that is one who is to blame for the flame war...I love how you have picked on up that illogical thinking Cray...
Karagin

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:19 PM

In reply to:

What lies? I have yet to see those...

The most common one seems to be "MWDA is a collectible game; you HAVE to buy minis to play," despite evidence to the contrary. You can print out clicktech mini stats on paper. I bet a modified CBT infantry sheet would work great.
In reply to:

As for the rest...misunderstanding are going to happen...miscomprehensions are a two way street..

Yep, yep. Miscommunication is the root of most evil in the office.

Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:21 PM

I have never flamed or even posted anything disrespectful at anyone. (I only made 5 posts total at CBT) Warner had exploded at someone over something trivial and I told him not to overreact. He went off on me. I told Bills and nothing changed. I won't be back as long as he's in charge over there.

You have the questions here to ask.

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:24 PM

In reply to:

No one is flamming...the only flames are from you and Lance...I love how you have picked on up that illogical thinking Cray...

Actually, I'd count that as a flame, so add yourself to the flamers list.

And I wasn't flaming in the post you replied to, Karagin. I was honestly curious what Rockdaddy had done to annoy the mods on CBT - I had to push pretty hard last night to get them irked at me. There's at least one mod bashing MWDA on CBT right now, not to mention a lot of regular posters questioning MWDA without rebukes, so it's a legitimate question: what did Rockdaddy do to get mistreated by CBT's mods?

Karagin
11/21/02 07:26 PM

Prove your first comment...given that the game is point based one DOES NEED everything in order to have a chance of winning...and sorry but printed stats don't seem to be offical from what has said it has to be the dial...

So can you actually prove that you don't need everything in order to play? This I would like to see in person...
Karagin

Karagin
11/21/02 07:28 PM

Given how some of the mods let their personal dislike effect things I would bet that had something to do with it...

And the end results are what we see now...folks NOT going there do to the behavior and actions of the moderators.

Karagin

Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:28 PM

I told Warner not to overreact at some poster he exploded at.

What a bastard I am.
CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:31 PM

In reply to:

I have never flamed or even posted anything disrespectful at anyone. (I only made 5 posts total at CBT) Warner had exploded at someone over something trivial and I told him not to overreact. He went off on me.

Warner goes off on everyone. He overreacts to everything - don't let one freaky admin scare you off from the excellent BT debate on every other topic on CBT. There's more out there than just MWDA - designs to critique, trivia to answer, etc.

And Randall Bills isn't exactly a mod or sysadmin, and seems to be Warner's buddy. Wrong person to complain to.

In reply to:

You have the questions here to ask.

Thhhpppt. An itemized list is easier to work with. Besides, I need to go over them with you - I want to rephrase them in my words so Warner doesn't jump on me but make sure I don't lose what you were trying to say.

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:33 PM

In reply to:

I told Warner not to overreact at some poster he exploded at.
What a bastard I am.

Disgusting. You DARED question The Warner?

Karagin
11/21/02 07:34 PM

And the same results happen...
Karagin

Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:35 PM

Bills was the only person I knew to talk to who was over Warner. I told him I am a paying customer and as such I won't be talked to in that manner on the company website, any more than I would be talked to by a clerk in a storefront.

I don't have to put up with it, and I won't.
Karagin
11/21/02 07:40 PM

Which is your right and there are others who agree with you on this issue.
Karagin

CrayModerator
11/21/02 07:42 PM

I'm not sure that Warner is actually paid by Fanpro or Wizkids. Actually, I don't think a lot of the mods are - there was certainly no paycheck in the offer for me to be a CBT mod. (I passed on the offer because - gasp - I didn't think I could maintain what I considered impartiality appropriate to a mod.) Is the clerk analogy applicable when you're just dealing with an enthusiastic volunteer?

Well, if you care to tally them, I'll take a stab at getting your Q's answered.

Rockdaddy
11/21/02 07:49 PM

Whether he is a paid employee or not is irrelevent. he is an agent of the company, and the most visable representative at that.

Now the question is: How much of the WOB Jihad, as it is unfolding (e.g. Nuking Outreach and other places, Wolf's Dragoons, assassinations, hidden armies and forces that they logically shouldn't have, etc...), is what FASA intended, and how much of it is being dictated from above in order to fit in with the MWDA storyline? What has been changed and what did FASA want?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 29504

Contact Admins Sarna.net