What's up with Wizkids?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Karagin
12/03/02 01:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Only way I will play MWDA is if you agree to tossing out the rule about touching bases together...other wise I am not wasting my time with the game.

Now IF my drill dates stay as they are I might be able to do GenCon this year...that is also if Saddam stops trying to act like he is Mr. Cool.

Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Warner_Doles
12/03/02 01:52 PM

"Only way I will play MWDA is if you agree to tossing out the rule about touching bases together...other wise I am not wasting my time with the game."

Yeah I don't like that rule much either! Sure we can do away with the "roll if you touch bases crap" if you want... Besides, we won't get close enough for that. My Ryoken II will obliterate you before hand! muahahaha

"Now IF my drill dates stay as they are I might be able to do GenCon this year..."

Cool.. let's hope you can make it then!
Karagin
12/03/02 02:24 PM

I wonder if I can convince my CO that a trip to Ohio for GenCon would fall under small unit training...
Karagin

ChalengerII
12/03/02 03:47 PM

sure your practicing advanced armored combat
Challenger
MadWolf
12/04/02 02:35 AM

you can sit here and arge with me, that no prob, i acctually learn alot from this, but that little " everything you know is wrong" comment isn't helping prove your point about the axeman. It served no point. I'd still rather have a hunchback over a axeman. The only phyical attack i use is DFA and thats only in clint's usually.
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Bob_Richter
12/04/02 04:36 AM

I didn't suggest that he did.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Nightward
12/05/02 04:46 AM

Who said anything about being censored? I'm not a moderator, so I can't delete your stuff. I'm just pointing out that I have heard these same arguments over and over and am tired of reading them. Karagin says he is happy not to reply to your stuff, so if you would just return the favour, the bickering would stop.

I'm not taking anybody's side, here- I'm just tired of the same old flame war BS that you two keep going.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Bob_Richter
12/05/02 01:52 PM

You don't understand. I refuse to be censored, even by myself.

I will not deprive myself of the right to comment by refusing ever to answer someone's posts (no matter what I usually think of his opinions.)

Karagin can end the "bickering" on his own if that's truly his desire. It takes two to bicker, after all.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Bloodrider
12/05/02 06:33 PM

>You don't understand. I refuse to be censored, even by myself.

I will not deprive myself of the right to comment by refusing ever to answer someone's posts (no matter what I usually think of his opinions.)<

Now that is twisted logic. I like it.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
realworldviews
12/06/02 12:39 AM

They are planning on re-releasing the BOX SET this month.
Check out the New releases on CBT.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
realworldviews
12/06/02 12:49 AM

in MWDA is to move your unit up to the other guy's best unit and touch it's based...thus it's out of the game until he destoryes the unit locking his unit...

You do have a chance to move away from another figure if you are touching bases. You just have to make a roll to do it.

I can see where you are coming from because I felt as strongly as you do when this all fbegan to come out. BUt I have come to relize that It's not the worst thing that could have happened. I have played BattleTech for at least 11 years and I would have hated to see it just disappear. And that is what could have happened. I have figured that if WK is able to make money off MWDA maybe they will send some of that toward CBT. At least they we can have more new stuff.
And Heck if you don't like the way MWDA plays, don't play it.
I now play MWDA sometimes, but my heart will always be with CBT and I play it as often as I get the chance to.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
realworldviews
12/06/02 12:59 AM

well at least the weapony matches the figure.

400XL engine
2 -ER Large Lasers
1- Gauss rifle
2- Streak SRM 6

Not a bad mech, but they could have made it not so anorexic looking. It does look much better in person than it does in pictures. I have one and I thought that it was going to look like crap. But as I said it doesn't look that bad.

Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
realworldviews
12/06/02 01:07 AM

??? I can't find the personal attack in Bob's last post.

Now the post in a different part of this thread where he called you an idiot could probably be construed as a personal attack, but if that is the post you are referring to then you should have pointed out the rule in a reply to that post. Not in reply to a post in a different area of a thread.
But with that said I now return you to your regularly scheduled Flame war.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
Karagin
12/06/02 03:27 AM

No??? Really??? WOW!! Like they didn't already have that out several months ago...
Karagin

Karagin
12/06/02 03:30 AM

NEWS FLASH:

I won't be supporting MWDA by buying ANYTHING related to it.

Why are they going to spend money on us? It's clear that 80% of their work and effort are three things, Both versions of Hero Click and MWDA. BT is a something that is now the red head stepchild and we all know the sterotype for that now don't we...
Karagin

Karagin
12/06/02 03:33 AM

Please do me and everyone else here a favor:

DON'T jump and stir things up.

I will not be replying to any thing Bob says and if he choses to comment on things I say I will talk to Slayer about that when and if it happens.

I have asked him not to reply and based on other folks comments and such they have asked him to do the same. So if you want to bother someone over this, please talk to him, since I am not going to worry about him anymore and if he feels he must comment just to flame or attack then I am sure the moderators and such will do something about it.
Karagin

MadWolf
12/06/02 08:47 AM

Man, mention MW:DA and everyone gets a silly look on there face . Oh well, Wizkids found a Money cow, Bought it and thats all that really can be done. We can B$%CH all we want but that won't really effect the outcome eh? At least we still have somthing to B@$#CH about because if battletech wasn't bought, it wouldn't exist anymore, execpt in the hearts of all her players. If life hands you a bone, it dosn't want to know how good it taste .
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Vapor
12/07/02 02:29 AM

Don't think of it as censoring. Think of it as showing a greater level of maturity.

No offense intended to anyone, but when arguments are dragged out over minor points, it tends to start sounding like a schoolyard argument over whose dad can beat up whose.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
NathanKell
12/07/02 02:39 PM

And pretty soon Justin Allard gets dragged in, at that.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
12/07/02 10:04 PM

No text
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Bob_Richter
12/09/02 06:37 AM

If I felt like showing a "greater level of maturity" I would do it through posting, not through failing to do so.

Bob_Richter
12/09/02 06:41 AM

>>>I will not be replying to any thing Bob says <<<

Really?

COOL! I can now say ANYTHING I WANT and Karagin won't be able to do a thing about it.

Not that he's ever kept this promise before....:P

Vapor
12/13/02 02:43 AM

Posting is fine. There's nothing wrong with posting. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But leave the personal attacks behind.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Chunga
01/03/03 03:40 PM

In reply to:

...did anyone ever tell you that you're an idiot?

I have. Many, many times.

Chunga
Chunga
01/03/03 03:46 PM

In reply to:

Walking around a corner and running into an Axman can be a real pain in the ass...

Only if you're walking backwards.

Chunga
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 26013

Contact Admins Sarna.net