MWDA Movie...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Tron
03/05/03 12:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
"It's set 40 years after the Mech Wars have ended and introduces a group of young heroes in their late teens and early 20s that have grown up in peaceful and prosperous times."

Dark Age doesn't start until 60+ years later.

If I'm right I think this is somewhat of a dumb time to place the movie.

It's like if FASA started up battletech sold millions of copies, gained movie rights but had the movie start in 3010 as opposed to 3025. The only thing good about it is that if the story is good it will give CBT players more fuel for future conflicts to play in long after the jihad.

Maybe that is the point...

[edit] I am right. This storyline, if one assumes the mechwars==Succession Wars + Clan Invasion + Star League Invasion + FCWCW, will take place towards the end of Devlin Stone's campaign. Anyone care to guess whether or not our dauntless heros will meet the man face to face, learn the errors of their ways in liking warfare and eventually give over their mechs to him?

A scenario like that is almost as bad as the Enterprise episode "Dear Doctor." *shudders*
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."-Kosh

We are a race that has the ability of going beyond the boundries placed on us. The question we should ask ourselves then is whether or not we should go beyond those boundries?

Edited by Tron (03/05/03 12:20 PM)
Chas
03/05/03 12:32 PM

"Want to guess what the Class/Level comparison between Pippin and Aragorn is? "

Hey! How many tower keeps did Aragorn bring to ruin? Look at what Merry and Pippin did (albeit with the help of several dozen Ents and Huorns).

And Merry, chopping the legs out from under the Witch King of Angmar (the leader of the Nazgul).

And Pippin, killing himself a full-grown troll.

Aragon was just a pansy-boy trading on his family name.

He stood around waving his sword and telling people to go kick butt for him.

---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
KamikazeJohnson
03/05/03 12:43 PM

>>And Merry, chopping the legs out from under the Witch King of Angmar (the leader of the Nazgul).

And Pippin, killing himself a full-grown troll.<<

$#^%#%$# Backstab multiplier
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Ian
03/09/03 01:27 PM

"LOS ANGELES (The Hollywood Reporter) --- Dean Devlin will produce a movie based on the best-selling "Mech Warrior" video games. "

It is indeed most likely that the movie will be based primarily more off of the computer and video games than anything else. What is it that everyone is familiar with? BattleTech/MWDA, or MechWarrio the computer gamer 2, 3 and 4 along with MechAssault?

How many average people really know much about, or have even heard about BattleTech and MWDA? Not all that many. PnP games are considered "geeky" and "nerdy" by a large portion the general public.

When ever you ask someone what they know about BattleTech they will give you a blank stare. Ask them aobut MechWarrior Dark Ages and they will think for a second and then go, "Oh you mean umm... that video game for the xbox, MechAssault?!"

Its a sad, but thats how it is.
TwoYearLurker
03/10/03 05:59 PM

I remember a WWF PPV from a few years back. The main sponsoring product? MechWarrior 3 PC game.
Cadet
03/10/03 09:40 PM

We hates them!

None of the hobbits fight fair. Back stabbing, sneaking around, attacking poor defenseless thugs...just evil little beings.
Does not play well with others.
CGB_Phelan77
03/23/03 11:25 PM

Long ago in a galaxy far far far far far far far far....(you get the point)....

Was there not a long drawn out debate over a battletech movie back like 3 years ago on this very same Forum????
With talk of "Cpt Piccard" being Kerensky and what not????
I will not hold my breath on the bit of a movie coming out for B-tech/MWDA....though all of us would like for there to be a decent movie, let us go about destroying mechs and discussing politics as we have for years, it seems that the game will be here long after another discussion of if there will be a movie.
Alemnyr
03/24/03 01:02 AM

To take this further off topic - The Dungeons and Dragons movie is EXCELLENT if you watch it with the right frame of mind.

Imagine 4 people gathered around a table headed by a DM. Pimples, pop and pizza. Everything makes total sense then, the bad dialogue is the player's on-the-spot & cliched attempt. When I'm watching it I can just imagine the d20 rolls.

Make a reflex save!
MacLeod
03/26/03 08:19 PM

"Robin Williams wouldnt be that bad for Fizban."

*pictures Williams with white hair, long beard, and nose extension*

*falls out of chair*

WHERE'S MY HAT!
Fireball, fireball, let's see... I used to know how that went...

If you ask me, the perfect Fizban would actually be Ian McKellen (sp?). You know, Gandalf. He's already got the white robe thing down. This time he'd be able to do the whole comedic old wizard thing, and get to yell about his hat a lot.

The real question is who would play Tasslehoff?
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 14752

Contact Admins Sarna.net