Eclipz
03/21/03 04:18 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Too each his own I guess.

Scott
Chas
03/21/03 08:01 PM

but I won't support FanPro as long as it wants people like Camille as a part of the organization.

Has it occurred to you that, perhaps you could be the victim of CRT apathy?

Remember, flat text doesn't exactly carry much in the way of audible nuance. So little things can be construed as much more severe than they were intended. And all sorts of misundersandings can erupt.

Camille's manner of posting is, as has been noted, abrasive. She's even a little abrasive in real life too. But no-more so than Randall or Stackpole, Trossen, or or any of the other people involved with BT (well, maybe Herb might be a slight exception....but it doesn't mean he isn't THINKING it).

These people have been bashed, panned, attacked, stalked, and otherwise harrassed by some of the lowest common denominators in the community. They're just a bit more guarded than you might be.

The point is, without all the nuances of speech, even simple statements can come across as much more horrendous than they would if spoken in the intent with which they were meant.

Maybe, maybe not will I play my game from this point out, but as long as Camille is around they lose me as a customer

The only one you're hurting is yourself.

I don't put up with that kind of behavior in real life, and I won't put up with it here.

Do honestly think you act any differently than she does in many regards? Not to put too fine a point on it, but you can, and have, been just as obstinate, abrasive, and at times, outright rude, as she has in the past. Yet people put up with you. And you haven't been booted off the board.

Do you think FASA/FP/WK should have stopped dealing with Stackpole after his "Next time, pick a better team!" outburst at a fan at GC who kept harranguing him about the death of Clan Smoke Jaguar?

---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
realworldviews
03/21/03 09:32 PM

Do you think FASA/FP/WK should have stopped dealing with Stackpole after his "Next time, pick a better team!" outburst at a fan at GC who kept harranguing him about the death of Clan Smoke Jaguar?

Personally, I thought that that was one of the best quotes that I ever heard from someone.
It was direct and to the point and It was funny. I just wish I could have been there to hear it. I would have probably been rolling on the floor with laughter.
And heck it was only the Smoke kittens.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Bob_Richter
03/22/03 04:41 AM

>>>Camille's manner of posting is, as has been noted, abrasive. She's even a little abrasive in real life too. But no-more so than Randall or Stackpole, Trossen, or or any of the other people involved with BT (well, maybe Herb might be a slight exception....but it doesn't mean he isn't THINKING it).<<<

There's where you're wrong, big guy.

Camille's problems don't come from having a public position. She was an [censored] long before she was a FASA/FanPro writer.

In her case, that's just who she is. She defines it as not taking crap, but it's actually just dishing crap out.

By contrast, Randall and Stackpole are nice guys, and definately know the meaning of the word "tact."
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Vapor
03/22/03 11:46 AM

hmmm Has anyone done a complete atlas of the IS? I know it would be a rather large book. I remember seeing a website several years ago that had a listing of a helluva lot of planets showing star-type, star size, jump points in system, time-in-transit to/from jump points, size of the planet, overall climate of the planet, known units on the planet, and a bunch of other info. I have lost the URL for the site, though, and don't even know if it is still up (I'm fairly certain it was a .edu site). I'm just the kind of detail freak who is interested in knowing these sorts of things.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Chas
03/24/03 09:44 AM

<B>Camille's problems don't come from having a public position. She was an [censored] long before she was a FASA/FanPro writer. </B>

Where did I say otherwise?

<B>By contrast, Randall and Stackpole are nice guys, and definately know the meaning of the word "tact." </B>

Bob. Have you actually ever dealt with Camille on a one-to-one basis IRL? While she's still somewhat abrasive, she's not the fire-breathing Capellan Witch that some people make her out to be.

As to Randall and Mike being nice guys, and knowing what "tact" is. Yes. It doesn't mean there aren't times when "tact" simply doesn't work. Nor does it mean that they don't recognize such times.

---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Cadet
03/24/03 03:03 PM

Camille has a well deserved reputation for being abusive and nasty to everyone she runs into online. And yet, she gets the nod and becomes a public BattleTech figure. Now there is no logic in this. Businesses don't typically hire people who abuse their customer base. And it certainly isn't like she can write any better than anyone else.

The truth is there are many people in this community who can write, and who want to write, and are not know for spitting venom at people on line. Camille has that reputation for a reason. As long as FanPro is willing to keep people on staff like that, I won't be doing business with them.

You say it only effects me, but it isn't like FanPro can afford to alienate any customers, and make no mistake, this is a business decision. I don't want to do business with them as long as they are willing to hire people who are so abusive.

As far as my being a jerk, that isn't the point. I don't represent FanPro. Even if she is a part time writer, what happens the next time she blasts some kid, or does her "feh" "baa" or whatever animal sound she's making this week, and an email gets dropped to Randal? She isn't just Camille now, she's a writer for BattleTech. It effects FanPro now. And yes, I think after Stackpole's Smoke Jag comments, and his essays, FASA should have shown him the door permanently.

It isn't e-apathy.
Does not play well with others.
neochu
04/11/03 12:26 PM

This Is an old post I am replying to but I feel it is realavent to this post:

the Talk about this Gihad is actually(at least in my opinion reflective of the fears of what has been going on in the past 2/3 years the fear and the uncertainty of what is going on in the real world is almost parallel to the same things in the BT world. this is getting political but I have seen this in all or most of the stories/conflicts from the original FM's to the clans
Ghost BEAR for example. but Expanding on from this WOB uses the same tactics that our real life ememies use. I am no BT writer but I do belive this uncertianty will end as the atmosphere changes. CBT has Changed and Evolved to reflect the real world and it will continue to do so it is not going to end at this time as the fan base continues to be large
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 16229

Contact Admins Sarna.net