Btech Movie, Coming Soon! and MW: Darkage secret!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
neven
01/06/04 10:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Yo! DId anybody hear about the Btech movie! I just registered onto this site, if any of you don't know, well, I tell ya right now! It will be based on MW: Darkage, and is going to feature all these cool new mechs. Oh, and listen up good about this... MW: Darkage is based around a so-called splinter faction called the steel wolves, but, they are a new clan, THIS IS A SECOND CLAN INVASION!!!. Make some posts! See ya later.
-***"ADAPT TO SURVIVE"***-
wartang
01/07/04 11:44 AM

where did you see this at?
i love this game
Silenced_Sonix
01/07/04 03:57 PM

Clans?! I don't know which BattleTech universe you live in brother, but the Clans in MWDA are wussies - if they aren't traders who can't decide on a name *cough* Sea Fox *cough*, they're a gang of renegade wolf welps who're too busy killing each other in Trials to pose a threat to anyone. The Tin Puppies get to Terra, true, but have to retreat when Kerensky succumbs to wounds inflicted during an earlier Trial of Grievance - which reflects my previous point.

If anyone was responsable for the HPG strikes, it's either House Liao - reference here to Ezekiel Crow, The Bretrayer of Liao - or Bannson, simply because he's been going from strenght to strenght since the strike, and makes a very timely arrival on Terra with his mercs.

As for a movie - well, we all have our dreams and fantasies...
Evolve or Die
Diablo
01/07/04 05:03 PM

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

wait a minute, didn't we have a post about a movie, oh I dont know, a year or so ago? what happend to that? or was that a TV show? either way I havn't heard much about either.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
neven
01/08/04 01:30 AM

I've heard of this movie's coming for quite a while, i'm a pro on all subjects of Btech, and the second clan invasion, its all true! You just listen, I revealed a whopper, and hey, a merc doz have his duties of informing other Mechwarriors..
neven
01/08/04 01:45 AM

The MW movie is coming in about 18 to 24 months, and will be directed by Dean Devlin (the director of independence day, co-producer of 8 legged freaks, and stargate). The movie is based in the DarkAge future. If you wanna see more about this movie go on http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=4090 it shows more info on the movie.
phoenix
01/09/04 12:17 AM

Quote:

i'm a pro on all subjects of Btech, and the second clan invasion, its all true!

Well, its actually not a second clan invasion. The Steel Wolves were a group of warriors that left Clan Wolf to join the Republic of the Sphere when it was formed. As someone said farther down, the Steel Wolves and other mini clans are pretty wimpy. Yeah, they might be causing some problems in Republic space, but if their big brothers wanted to, they could basically wipe them out. There isn't a huge amount of information about the true clans. Some have moved into the Inner Sphere, while it sounds like the Home Clans are busy beating the crap out of each other.
Phoenix
neven
01/09/04 01:24 AM

U suk
neven
01/09/04 01:51 AM

What the F*** do you mean by "There is no spoon"¿?
And I am a pro on btech you son of a B****! Now shove that up yer @$$ and smoke it!>!>!
Nightward
01/09/04 02:15 AM

Oh, well done. I'm impressed.

Newbie, be warned: we operate under some rules here.

They're listed at the top of your page when you arrive.

We are not interested in trolling or flamebaiting.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
neven
01/09/04 02:17 AM

Wey8 a minit!
If the strikes were the cause by the unstable Liao faction, wouldnt they need some sort of "stealth jumpships", a possible advanced tech that the clans wud hav. But also your point will be taken into thought. But everything else also fits 2gether, so what the hell?
I am a person of some open thoughts, I also will make other repiles to these other people that also replied 2 my post... Just you wait... Thats right... you will nevR know what hit you... yes... thats right... ah screw it..
Ghost
01/09/04 12:50 PM

Or is he just looking to cause trouble? Sure, I can see both sides of the argument, but damn, no need to start doing this crap.

As to what he said, cool another Clan Invasion. It would be interesting, however, I don't see that happening from what I have read. Now, I may be wrong, but to me it seems that the Steel Wolves are only after returning themselves to the glory that they once knew as Clan Wolf. I do not see the Steel Wolves or any other clan in the Republic mounting a large enough invasion force to equal what the Republic could and will throw at them. However, that is just MY opinion.

As to the HPG going down, I believe Bannson had something to do with that. I find it odd that as soon as it goes down, he is on the move. Once again, I could be wrong and that is the wonderful thing about BT, Darkages, and this forum, it gives everyone the chance to prove me wrong by presenting me with the information. I see a lot of twists and turns in Darkage and I wil be interested in learning more.
Douce_Babaganoush
01/10/04 12:33 AM

I love mechwarrior!
I am Babaganoush!
Douce_Babaganoush
01/10/04 12:36 AM

Your replies sound aggressive! But cool statemecnts, i never seen such wreckless disregard, then again, u got ball!
I am Babaganoush!
neven
01/10/04 12:48 AM

First of all: I apologize for my aggressive statement...
Second: I will keep to my points on MWDA, and dig up as much info on that!
Third!: Hey, did you even listen on my MWDA Movie statement! I mean come on, make some replies on that, don't stick on one subject, at least one replie on the movie, and HAVE YOU EVEN LOOKED AT THE SITE THAT I POSTED!!!
Fourth: I forgot...
neven
01/10/04 01:03 AM

How in the hell can bannson have a large enought unit to destroy almost all of the republics HPG stations in under 24 hourss?
Huh? You figure that out!
neven
01/10/04 01:20 AM

Ghost, you seem to be the only person that even thinkz about what I say.
I like a good argument, if anybody else wants to challenge me, do your worst!!!
neven
01/10/04 01:24 AM

Hey Babaganush!
Um... Do you even know what yer saying?
Ghost
01/10/04 11:40 AM

neven, here is your reply on the movie....

Ever seen Robojocks? It was a REALLY bad movie that pretty much followed the lines of BT. Now, I'm not saying that this new movie is going to be bad, but I'm not holding my breath. From experience, trying to relate something large scale like BT or MW to the movie screen or something similar, hasn't been easy and the true feel of the universe is usually lost somewhere in the process. However, being the fool I am, I will probably be one of the first in line to see it in a movie theater.

Now, on to the Bannson issue. I am going to use real world examples here so everyone hold on for a minute. First, planning is a wonderful thing, but many of you will agree that plans only last until you first engage your enemy, right? Well, that is somewhat true. For large scale operations, yes it is. For small covert operations, no it isn't. Take a look today at our special forces operatives. They work in small teams and penetrate enemy lines when other conventional units are unable to. So, usually before a major military operation accures, we send in the "Ghost Soldiers" to take out high priority targets, i.e. AA batteries, munition dumps, CC, important officers, and even recon work. When special forces are given an objective and told to complete it without being told how, they will complete it, that is what they have been trained for. Good example? Everyone with me, right?

Now for MW and Bannson. I don't see a future with out soldiers of this time. It's unthinkable that we would be able to advance to such a high degree that we wouldn't need soldiers of this caliber. Bannson could have deployed several small teams of covert operatives (Special Forces) that attacked, sabatoged, and in general destroyed HPG networks all at once. Think of it this way, military and government intelligience is only as good as it's people. And those people rely on other people to get them the information. Now, if I saw a lance of 'Mechs or heavy armor rolling down my street, I would pay attention. However, if I saw say 6 people casually walking down the street in regular clothing, I wouldn't pay attention and go about my business. Another good saying, "It is easier to hide in plain sight rather than trying to hide in a bush." What that means is really simple. Look like you belong and no one will notice. If Bannson did down the HPG network, this is how I would see it done. Using covert, small teams, he managed to get them in place and attack each site at a pre-determined time. Atleast, that is how I would do it if I was going to cause a massive black out.
neven
01/11/04 02:55 PM

But Comstar and the republic defend the HPG stations, and in the novel Ghost War, I remember reading that the attackers used overwhelming forces, to defeat the enemy, and I know how ComStar loves their HPGs, and the money that they get from that expensive form of communication...
neven
01/11/04 03:55 PM

I saw the movie RobotJox, it sucked, and to me seemed to be a ripoff of Btech, let every person who likes btech hope, that the movie dosn't turn out like RobotJox, damn I hated that crap movie, hehehe...
And come, the producer and director is dean devlin, a mechfreak, so he knows what he is doing, and how I told the others, he is the director of independence day and 8 legged freaks, so the movies gotta be good!
P.s. I can't wait nearly 1 and 1/2 or more years for the movie to come out!
Ghost
01/11/04 09:29 PM

I HATED 8 Legged Freaks...course I hate spiders in the first place, so I didn't even watch the movie. Like I said before, I think it is going to be very hard to translate BT into a movie.

As to the HPGs and using overwhelming forces, well, as you said that Comstar protects those stations like their own stations, then the attackers know the same things. Why wouldn't you send a small unit to destroy something like that? Honestly, think about this....which is cheaper to replace? A lance or company of armor/'Mechs, or a small strike team? Look at the dollar signs and then look at the chance of success. If I sent a lance of 'Mechs against say the White House, don't you think an armor company would engage me before I got there and you would hear about it? Now, if I sent a 6 man team in, would they be engaged before they reached the White house? Probably not because they could blend in better than a 100 ton behemoth. I know, bad example and I will probably have the FBI on my butt for these comments! However, I am sure you see my point. And I may even be totally wrong. A virus could have been installed in the system that destrories it. I am a network admin and I have seen how easy it is for a virus to get into the system and cause trouble. If anyone else has thoughts on this, I welcome them to come fore.
neven
01/12/04 12:17 AM

You just reminded me of somethin' ghost,

I remember, they did place a virus in some Hpg's, and it anihilated all the equipment, turned it into useless crap. As for the FBI on yer butt, (LOL) i don't think so.I am an engineer, and I can see how a powerful virus can destry an entire computer system, it turns into salvageless, well like i said before, crap!
But I remember, the reports on the HPG attacks, the defenders said that all attacks were totally overwhelming, but maybe both of us are right! Because they used mostly overwhelming forces, and in other station attacks, they used smaller strike teams, so you and i proved our points! Yesterday, I considered an Idea, this may sound crazt but, bannson could have forged alliances with the clans, or with house liao, to have a large enough attack force. I know that Liao only has 6 warships, and a handful of jumpships, and the clans have plenty, or more than enough warships and jumpships, so this attack could be utilizing alliances.
Spartan
01/12/04 09:53 AM

Here's the problem as I see it with making a btech movie. There are two ways you can make it. The first is to appeal to the masses, i.e. the general public who has little knowledge of battletech and in doing soo tee of the majority of the battletech community. Or, make it to appeal to the btech community and bore or scare off the general public. However, since the dollar is the driving force behind everything that Hollywood does the former is far more likely in my mind than the latter.

And since they seem to want to do it in the DA era they probably will already tee of a good portion of the btech community since there is a large number of us who refuse to say anything about that other than something along the lines of "stupid clickytech" or some other more vulgar such epithet.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Ghost
01/12/04 03:14 PM

All I have to say is LMAO!

Good point!
neven
01/13/04 12:56 AM

Okay, there are over 25 million people in the btech community, and it is pretty easy to bump into someone who likes btech, how i said b4 is that the director and producer of the movie love btech, he will appeal to our large community, so who cares about some public who dosn't even know what in the hell a battlemech is!?
Hell, many of my friends either played mechwarrior games, read a novel, or still do like btech!
If i were the director of an awesome movie like MW, i'd appeal to the community,
and about 23 million people of the community will watch the movie, so will large portions of the general public, guess how much $$$ that will bring in?
and after all, money isn't everything about a movie, it's the script, the characters, the computer animations, money is only the small part of a movie in my mind!
Same goes for video games, graphics and price don't matter, its the gameplay too!
I think you get what me sez.
Spartan
01/13/04 09:21 AM

>>money isn't everything about a movie

Tell that to the investors who expect to see a return on the money they spent to get a movie made.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Silenced_Sonix
01/13/04 01:56 PM

I still say Bannson had something to do with it - even if it was not perhaps as directly as he would have liked. Anybody who has read the "Proving Grounds" trilogy from Dark Age will know what Bannson does to Paladin Crow, and how he sends Jack Farrell and his mercenaries to help the Higlanders on Terra. He is the guy who is getting the most of the pie now, so it goes for common sense that he had something to do with it originally.

As for the movie: it will be promotional for Dark Age, so do not expect wonders.
Evolve or Die
neven
01/14/04 12:19 AM

i get what yer sayin'
as for the movie, i hope its not promotional, what kind of dumbass would make a promotional movie on btech, that to me seems like a load of crap straight from hell!
neven
01/14/04 08:39 PM

if anybody tries to make the movie to promote the DA, well then,
refer to bottom (i meant my signature)
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 22904

Contact Admins Sarna.net