Whats your favourite clan, great house, etc.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
neven
02/27/04 01:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
ghost bears do have a massive touman, but they left the clan cluster and sttled in the occupation zone.
the dcms spent most of their time fighting pirates that have even the slightest resistnace.
but the combine is an unstable house, do you remember how many rebellions there were?
i still think the federated suns is the best, especially their davion heavy guards, but most of them were destroyed by the end of the fedcom civil war.
-***"ADAPT TO SURVIVE"***-
Nightward
02/27/04 03:42 AM

What in God's name are you on, neven?

Have you /*READ*/ any of the Field Manuals? Or are you just going by the novels. Oh, no, wait...it's the computer games, right?

Listen to me here: /*THE COMPUTER GAMES HAVE ONLY A NODDING ACQUANITANCE WITH BATTLETECH*/.

Got it?

The Draconis Combine was the spearhead of Operation Bulldog. They almost conquered the Lyran Alliance at one point, but gave up and went home to find someone tougher to beat down. They almost conquered the Federated Suns once as well.

They fought the Clans off /*BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SUCESSOR HOUSE*/

They /*FIELDED THE FIRST GENERATION OF INNER SPHERE OMNIMECHS*/

They have the /*GREATEST AMOUNT OF CLAN SALVBAGE FIELDED BY THE INNER SPHERE.*/

Last, but certainly not the least, they have units like the Night Stalkers, Izanagi Warriors, Otomo, Ryuken, Sword of Light, and Ghost Regiments.

Pussies? I think not.

And what the hell "Pirates" are you talking about? The Combine has /*NO*/ Periphery pirate neighbours. The Clans killed them all.

The Combine is /*NOT*/ a "weak" House.

There aren't "lots" of rebellions. There was the Black Dragon Society, and there was the Omi Incident, but /*BOTH WERE ISOLATED INCIDENTS AND WERE CRUSHED, NOT BY THE GOVERNMENT, BUT BY REGULAR COMBINE CITIZENS*/.

The Combine has the best military in the Inner Sphere.

Unquestionably.

The FedSuns have more troops. The Lyran Alliance builds bigger 'Mechs. The CapCon are more fanatical. The FWLM has more vqariety. The Com Guard have the best equipment.

/*BUT COMBINE WARRIORS ARE BETTER TRAINED AND MOTIVATED THAN THEM ALL.*/

Next time, before opening your mouth and voicing more idiotic ideas, sit down, think, and do some bloody research, neven.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Toontje
02/27/04 06:31 AM

Quote:

ok, the capcom fought a war with st. ives compact, and both sides lost big time.
and the dcms is just a bunch of wussies recruited and "trained" so they could fight off a wallflower that "threatens" the DC.

I see you chose not to mention the FedCom Civil War. Smart, since that would undo the arguement of the Capellan Confederation having a civil war in recent history, but the FC had theirs in a bit more recent time. While the CCAF had time to rebuild and recuperate, is the AFFS bloodied, fatigued and not in the mood for a fight. Besides, the CC civil war resulted in the unification of longlost brethern. The result was we came out for the better, whereas The Empire Formerly Known As The Federated Commonwealth came out the worse for the wear.

I presume we're talking 3067-ish btw.
Rather to blow up, then.
HardKorHippy
03/02/04 09:03 PM

Clan: Ghost Bear, Nova Cat, Snow Raven (in that order)

House: Davion, Steiner, screw all the rest!
neven
03/03/04 03:13 AM

i know about the civil war, and they did fight and lost many men.
but the combine have troopse like the DCMS and the Amphigean light assault, maybe the dc fought a lot, but they also lost many mechs, and are plagued by rebllions all over draconis space, not to mention pirate raids, the assault on luthien (which many mech regiments were lost) and their successful victory on wolcott would have been unsuccessful if dietr osis could have had a genetically engineered brain, but the clans just chose to dig one up.
the dc are lying scumbags that have managed to "win" some major victories, and in operation bulldog, the Davion guards leveled most of the smoke jaguar forces.
Toontje
03/03/04 06:22 AM

Well, what you're refering to is ~15 years in the past from the current storyline, 3067.

That would be the same as claiming the late victory of the AFFS on Kentares prepared the DCMS for a strikedown, while it happened ~250 years before the current storyline.

That would be similar to me claiming the undisputed Capellan humanity as depicted in the formation of the 2412 Ares conventions.

Due to all the people around, it's more or less convention to use current day storyline, as every nation has had it's ups and downs. Currently for LA and FS players that's too bad, the wheel of fate has turned and they're square on the downward side. Untill the timeline of mwda, it'll stay down. After that I'm unsure.
Rather to blow up, then.
Nightward
03/03/04 04:37 PM

neven, you are a FRICKIN' MORON .

The tactic used by the Combine was exactly the same as that used by the AFFC. The AFFC identified units like the Kell Hounds, Gray Death Legion, and Eridani Light Horse by their Mercenary Review Board registration numbers.

Admittedly there were two differences:

The DCMS honoured the Clan bidding system and sent the Clans the "new" unit's personnel dossiers. Deiter Osis got as far as "newly formed unit" and decided he could lay the smackdown on the "ignorant savages". The AFFC didn't send the Clans a bloody thing aside from the MRB ID numbers, which the Clans had no way of following up on.

Difference two is the fact that THE DCMS WON. The AFFC lost every single time.

Again, the Combine has elite units like the Otomo, Izanagi Warriors, the Genyosha, the Ryuken, the Sword of Light, the District of Dieron Regulars, the Proserpina Hussars, the Night Stalkers, and the Ghost Regiments.

Even "lesser" units like the District of Galedon and Benjamin Regulars, the Legions of Vega, and the Amphigean Light Assault Group are very dangerous, especially compared to what their neighbours have.

Go read FM: DC. It has a little section called "The Tagiri-Prosser Study" which specifically states that the Combine has the best trained warriors in the Inner Sphere. I think it's little coincidence that the two premier MechWarrior training sites in the Inner Sphere- the Wisdom of the Dragon and the Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy - are both in DCMS space.

Add to that training academies like The University of Proserpina, the Sun Tzu School of Combat, hell- even the Galedon District Academy- and it's no wonder the DCMS has the very best.

And that's without mentioning programs like Kensai Kami.

The Combine has traditionally fielded a lightweight, fast military. The AFFC fields primarily heavies and assualts. The Combine faced the Smoke Jaguars, the most lethal of the Clans save the Wolf, who were neatly corralled between the Falcon and the Bear. The AFFC faced the Falcons, and occasionally the Wolves. Who got mauled worse?

The AFFC.

Fact.

You refer to the Davion Heavy Guard in the Operation Bulldog sentance. The Davion Guard fought in a handful of OB battles. The SLDF troops in the Combine were merely acting as backup to the Combine forces, who did most of the dirty work. Go read "Grave Covenant", by Michael Stackpole. It makes this point. How you get "they beat most of the Jaguars" from the fact that the Davion Guard and Reventants fought a few times during OB is beyond me.

I don't know where in the hell you're pulling this "rebellion" garbage from, but it's not true. There was the Black Dragon Society and the attempt on Omi Kurita's life. Both, however, were put down by the Draconis Combine's civilians, not the DCMS. Compare and contrast to policy from the Victor Ian Steiner-Davion and Katherine Steiner:

- Hide the fact that Thomas Marik's son has died by inserting body double.
- Murder own mother to usurp throne.
- Allow assassin to go free in exchange for killing Ryan Steiner later on.
- Allow Ryan Steiner to operate unhindered because it would be bad publicity to smack him down.
- Murder brother's wife to get at him.

So if you want to argue policy decisions, I think it's safe to say the Federated Commonwealth has made some pretty major blunders as well.

As for Pirates...againb, what Pirates? There *ARE* no Pirates. The Pirates got smacked down by the Clans, and before that, were merrily preying on the much easier target of the Free Rasalhague Republic.

neven, you have NO FACTS to back up your PREPOSTEROUS CLAIMS . This might pass as logic in your own head, but your arguments CANNOT STAND UP. I suggest you go away and do some reading before you make baseless, stupid, and inflammatory claims again. Do it for your own sake.

Finally, you started this thread so people could say who their favourites were and why. Yet now, you flame down anyone who disagrees. Get some Netiquette and I might even read your future posts.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Toontje
03/03/04 04:52 PM

Quote:

Finally, you started this thread so people could say who their favourites were and why. Yet now, you flame down anyone who disagrees. Get some Netiquette and I might even read your future posts.

How true, some tempering may be in order. On the note of pirates, there are a few, however they plague the AFFS most of all the successor states IIRC. The Smitson Chinese Bandits iirc are the new Tortuga pirates. With all the FS commitments in former occupied Capellan territories and civil war, the back is left vulnerable and exposed.

Who can resist a free lunch, hmm?
Rather to blow up, then.
neven
03/03/04 10:51 PM

oh please nightward,
you say *I am flaming* well, speak for yourself, don't call me a moron, don't even call me anthing that i don't like.
but there is ONE thing that i will say, cut the crap, the dcms "may" be one of the most powerful military forces in the inner sphere, but the fedcom do have a LOAD of warships, jumpships etc.
and their forces are the most loyal, (except the arcturan guards, those bastards)
out of all this, comes chatter that sounds like it was born out of an ass.
so i change my statement, the Comstar and WoB have better forces, come on,
mech "divisions" do you know how many mechs that is?
and their fleet, HUGE, they have cameron class, essex class, etc.
they have well trained mechwarriors, heavily armed ships, good loyalty to all the successor and minor states, and have defeated te clans, on tukayyid and on task force serpent,
the fedsuns may have had their time in the light, but comstar are the military dominion.
Nightward
03/04/04 02:10 AM

*Sigh*

The Cameron and Essex Class WarShips are both pathetic. The Cameron was classed as a very costly failure. See p. 156-157, TR: 3057. The Essex isn't much better.

However, yes. The Com Guard are frickin' AWESOME. Thankfully they're too far spread out to do anything

The Combine's troops are actually the most loyal of any major House. Bushido and all that, y'know. It's been bred into the DCMS MechWarrior families. Honour and loyalty are so deeply ingrained in Draconis Combine citizens that even the career criminals- the Yakuza- hear its call.

Amply demonstrated, I believe, in the admirable (if not readily understandable) willingness of DCMS troops to mount berzerker charges at the slightest provocation, no matter who the opponent. As well as the fact that the DCMS has fewer units rated as "Unreliable" than any other FM I've ever seen.

And to finish up: the DCMS began the second ship-building program in the Inner Sphere. House Marik has the most WarShips, followed by the Com Guard, then the DCMS. The Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth only JUST beat the Word of Blake and Capellan Confederation for title of "Least WarShips in Space by any Major Power".

The Com Guard, as of 3060, fielded a fleet of 34 vessels. These were leftovers from the SLDF; by contrast, the DCMS had kicked in its own shipbuilding program during the mid-to-late 3050s and had a navy of 15 with about 10 more soon to enter service in 3058. I think we know who's got the better naval program happening there
Toontje
03/04/04 04:49 AM

[quote
The Combine's troops are actually the most loyal of any major House. Bushido and all that, y'know. It's been bred into the DCMS MechWarrior families. Honour and loyalty are so deeply ingrained in Draconis Combine citizens that even the career criminals- the Yakuza- hear its call.

I disagree, aside from the former SIC troops, House Liao inspires most loyalty. With the help of the MOC we'll take back what was ours. All 407 planets that have had capellan blood spilled over then defending the very soil!
Xin Sheng!
St. Ives yesterday, Tikonov tomorrow!

PS 407 = IIRC
Rather to blow up, then.
Thor_Mech
03/04/04 10:30 PM

Hmmm... I don't know. The Warrior Houses are fanatic, but the loyal planets seem to be the ones close to Sian. Tikonov and St. Ives both seceded during the 4th war, and several planets refuse to join the CapCon again after the FedCom lost them, hence the formation of the Chaos March. As for previous statements that the FedCom couldn't beat the Clans, the FedCom defeated the Falcon Guards on Twycross. Also, while the Draconis Combine MIGHT have better warriors man for man, the FedCom has the hotter tech, like AP and homing AC rounds and other nice stuff due to the NAIS, the best reseach facility in the IS.
"Even after all these years, walking through the ranks of 'Mechs still gives me the chills"
- Intelligence Secretary Justin Xiang Allard
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
Nightward
03/05/04 04:44 AM

Weeelll.....

Actually, Kai Allard-Liao beat the Falcon Guard on Twycross.

And that was after he lured the entire Cluster into the Great Gash, conviniently pre-seeded with a minefield. Then he triggered the self-destruct sequence in his Hatchetman and watched the fireworks.

It was a feat of truly inspired stupidity. On both sides

I'm fully with you on the NAIS. As I mentioned before, it is, quite frankly, TEH PWN of tech research in the Inner Sphere- aside, I suppose, from whatever the hell anti-reality machine the Wobblies appear to have manufactured for their little Jihad

I flipped through both the FM: CC and FM: DCMS. The CC had more units rated at Reliable and Questionable for the CCAF's size than the DCMS. The CCAF, in fact, had similar loyalty ratings to the Com Guard, and we all know what's happening there...
neven
03/05/04 11:42 AM

huh?
what are you talking about, the federated suns have 56 warships, and the lyrans have practically the equivalent.
the comguards are spread out, but the rock the kazba.
Grizzly
03/05/04 04:49 PM

Uh, sorry to say, but they don't have 56 ships. They only have 21 ships circa 3065. And the Lyran Alliance has 8 circa 3067. I'm not sure how how many the DCMS, or FWL has, but CCAF has about 8, Comstar 34, and WOB has 6(but who knows how many they have acquired). Even before the civil war neither the AFFS or LAAF had 56 total warhsips. The FWL has one of the most aggressive ship building programs, followed by the DCMS. The AFFS had two new designs, the Fox Class corvette and the Avalon Class cruiser, while the LAAF had the Ygdrassil Cruiser.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Grizzly
03/06/04 04:35 AM

Oops, sorry, Mjolnir Class Battlecruiser, not Yggdrassil. That is a ship of the class, not the class itself.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Nightward
03/06/04 05:21 PM

*Shrug*

At least you know what you're talking about, which makes a welcome change
JStallion
03/06/04 07:55 PM

Quote:

They fought the Clans off /*BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SUCESSOR HOUSE*/

They /*FIELDED THE FIRST GENERATION OF INNER SPHERE OMNIMECHS*/

yeah but at the battle of luthien, if the FCMS hadnt sent in the kell hounds or wolfs dragoons to help out the DCMS, dont u think Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Nova Cat would've defeated them? that loss would be a a kick to the nuts to the honor and moral of the DCMS. And the Dracs and fedcom worked TOGETHER to develop the omnimechs that they started to field first (didnt they? thought i read that but im not completely positive)
but yeah i think dcms have best troops, clans have better though and that only helped them so much.
neven
03/07/04 02:15 AM

that too, and there were 10 regiments of battlemechs, vehicles and aerofighters on the battle of luthien. but the free rasalhaugue republic (which doesn't exist anymore, it was conquered by ghost bears around 3130) before the clan invasion the frr had 64 reinforced mech regiments, 42 vehicle regiments, and 35 aerofighter regiments, and a crapload of infantry.
but, later on, they all got slaughtered in a matter of 3 years.
though, yes, the fwl has a load of ships, but they expended a lot of resources building them.
and i do agree, the combine is an excellently armed successor state, but it isn't popular with its civillians, causing rebellions all over their territory, and one historic rebellion that formed the frr.
and just a question, how the hell is "Luthien" pronounced, is it "lutheen" or "luthiyen"
Grizzly
03/07/04 05:27 AM

I don't know if it is correct or not, but I pronounce it "Lou The In".
Grizzly
03/07/04 05:31 AM

I do try to keep my facts straight, which is why I am some what of a lurker from time to time. I only want to say something when I know what I'm talking about.

"Tis better to be thought a fool, then speak and remove all doubt"
Paladin
03/07/04 06:54 PM

I was always under the impression that, in the BattleTech universe as orginally envisioned (back in the day when "now" was 3025) that no one Successor State was supposed to be "better". Just look at the history of the Inner Sphere: the DCMS hammered the Suns during the 1st War, then the Suns comes back around and kicks them out. During the 2nd and 3rd Wars the Suns, the Combine, the Lyrans and the FWL beat on each other for 300 years. Even the Capellans managed a couple moments of glory. Then around comes the 4th War: the F-C whoops the Combine. Fast-forward to the War of 3039: the Combine, lead by Theodore Kurita and aided by the Com Guard, whoops the F-C. Overall, every single Clan and Great House, plus ComStar and the WoB, each have a role to play in the balance of power that makes up the Inner Sphere. So I don't think any one should be called intrinsically "better" within the ideal of the original universe. Look at Earth's real history: Spain conquered most of America only to have its empire collapse. Spain then gave way to England. England in turn endured until the late 1900's when it, too, lost its empire. Every nation in the Inner Sphere rises and falls in turn.

For the record, my favourite Clan is the Ghost Bears, my favourite Successor State is the Federated Suns. I don't have a favourite Periphery state, but my favourite merc unit is the Blue Star Irregulars.
HardKorHippy
03/07/04 08:28 PM

Anyone else find it wierd how ya can't spell Luthien in Japanese?
Nightward
03/07/04 09:29 PM

"that too, and there were 10 regiments of battlemechs, vehicles and aerofighters on the battle of luthien. but the free rasalhaugue republic (which doesn't exist anymore, it was conquered by ghost bears around 3130) before the clan invasion the frr had 64 reinforced mech regiments, 42 vehicle regiments, and 35 aerofighter regiments, and a crapload of infantry."

Eh? Where the hell are you whipping these numbers from?

p. 51, The 20 Year Update , says that the Free Rasalhague Republic's Royal Kungsarme was 16 Regiments, 2 Battalions.

Furthermore, either provide a source to back up your preposterous claims of "rebellion" in the Draconis Combine, or find something else to compain about. I've already talked about the only two rebellions in recent history.

You want rebellion? Check out what happened on Solaris 7. Kentares IV. The Lyon's Thumb. The Tamar Pact. I could go on, but hopefully, you're getting the picture.

Just because you don't understand how another culture works, doesn't mean that it cannot work.
Nightward
03/07/04 09:39 PM

The Battle of Luthien would have been too close to call without the arrival of the Kell Hounds and Wolf Dragoons.

Whoever won would have suffered appalling casualties. Given what happened with Alshain, however, I rather suspect it probably would have whipped the DCMS into a genocidal fury.

Then, too, the Nova Cats and Smocke Jaguars would probably have gone to war over who got to keep the Black Pearl.

It could have been interesting

As for the Omnis, nope. The Raptor was the first Omni to hit the field, followed up in weight classes by the other Omnis. The Sucessor Houses got their hands on cheap, knock-off Omnis that couldn't accept Clan weaponry (TR: 3058). House Marik's Perseus was the first OmniMech to originate from outside Draconis Combine space.
neven
03/07/04 10:35 PM

Hmm, i pronounce it, lou-thee-en, oh well, anything else to say?
JStallion
03/08/04 07:58 PM

yeah ashlain whipped them into a fury, but look how well they did at ashlain, got decimated.
i know one of their regiments didnt make it though because of the nova cats discovering the plot and fighting that regiment. even still, the smoke jaguars or nova cats, whoever would end up keeping it would probably turn it into the forward base of operations as the ghost bears did with ashlain, makes most sense. then it would be heavily defended, as was ashlain and retaking it would cost the DCMS a ton even if they won
JStallion
03/08/04 08:01 PM

loo-thee-in here, but thats just me
neven
03/12/04 03:32 AM

what in the depths of hell are you talking about nightward? You think i'm racist?
sorry for the harsh comment, but you can take that though and shove it.
oh, and heres some info on the combine, its a little outdated, but its still good, and for the record, the combine has around 180 mech regiments alone
Origins and History
The Draconis Combine was founded in 2319 by Shiro Kurita, who used persuasive statesmanship, treachery, and bloody military conquest to forge it almost from nothing.

Raised in a military and social tradition dating back more than six centuries, Shiro embraced and embodied the "way of the warrior." Through the forcefulness of his personality, he first managed to become leader of New Samarkand and then went on to form a group of petty kings and lords into the New Galendon Alliance. This Alliance, created to oppose the great Ozawa Mercantile alliance, was his starting point for the military conquest of dozens more planets. By 2319, Shiro Kurita, with his brother Urizen as Warlord, controlled a domain stretching from the border of the Federated Suns to the Principality of Rasalhague, a realm he renamed the Draconis Combine.

The most obvious legacy of Shiro Kurita is the Kurita family dynasty. The Draconis Combine could not have summoned such single-minded devotion from its people without the focus of the Kurita leadership. Only the existence of an all-powerful Coordinator has been able to mobilize such often-fanatic military determination from its troops.

More than in any Successor State, the history of the Draconis Combine has a continuous tone and theme to it. The names may change, the tactics and internal organization may change, but the Kurita dynasty continues to covet universal domination just as its founder did some 700 years ago.

Shiro Kurita's legacy continues to this day, in both the devotion to the way of the warrior and in the belief that House Kurita will one day reign over all inhabited space. The Draconis Combine's combination of an all-pervasive military tradition and a self-reliance easily mistaken for xenophobia contributes to the constant belligerence of past and present Kurita leaders. Only on rare occasions have they set aside their dominant tendencies toward violence, arrogance, and ruthlessness in favor of alliance or cooperation. However, the next generation usually made up for it by redoubling its martial nature. The two most outstanding examples of this were Hehiro and Minoru Kurita.

Hehiro engaged in a rare display of trust when he signed the Treaty of Vega in 2569, setting forth the terms of the Draconis Combine's membership in the nascent Star League. His son Leonard, who succeeded him in 2591, very nearly undid this act through flagrant violations of his father's treaty with Ian Cameron. After Kerensky's exodus from the Inner Sphere, Minoru Kurita proclaimed himself First Lord of the Star League and began to plan and execute a massive attack against the Federated Suns. The campaign was going well for the Kuritans until a sniper shot Minoru Kurita in the back on Kentares IV. Following Minoru's assassination, his psychotic son Jinjiro massacred 50 million civilians on that world. The Kentares Massacre was an act that not only destroyed the momentum gained in the war against Davion, but also contributed to the alienation between Houses Steiner and Kurita, which Jinjiro allowed to flourish.

Until Rasalhague became independent in 3034, the Draconis Combine had expanded to the border of the Lyran Commonwealth, absorbing lesser states along the way. For 20 years the Free Rasalhague Republic served as a buffer between those two Great Houses, with only a small portion of Kurita space bordering the Lyran portion of the Federated Commonwealth. Now the Clan wedge serves to keep most of these two realms separate.

At present, the Combine consists of approximately 75 worlds. In 2617, the coreward world of Luthien replaced New Samarkand as the administrative capital, but Shiro Kurita's homeworld continues to play an active role. For example, House Kurita draws its palace guards and elite MechWarriors from the famous Sun Zhang Academy, the largest MechWarrior academy in the Inner Sphere. Furthermore, New Samarkand is the traditional base of operations for the Internal Security Force, the secret police of the Draconis Combine. The relationship between the Coordinator of the Combine and the Director of the ISF has varied, waxing and waning in cordiality through the years. Nevertheless, the ISF has remained utterly loyal to the Combine, if not to the House that rules it.

Though the Draconis Combine lost more than 50 worlds in the Fourth Succession War, this same conflict saw the brilliant rise of Theodore Kurita, heir to the Combine throne. His unconventional tactics were so successful that he earned the support and confidence of much of the Combine's military. Despite the power struggle this created between Theodore and Takashi, the Coordinator was almost forced to name his son Deputy of Military Affairs in 3030. Theodore took this opportunity to reshape the Combine's military to his own views. It was Theodore who masterminded the strategy that successfully resisted the Federated Commonwealth's massive invasion of the Combine in the War of 3039.

Theodore also saw the wisdom of recognizing the Free Rasalhague Republic when its former Rasalhague Military District declared its independence from the Combine. The Free Rasalhague Republic created a buffer state between the Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth, freeing up Combine troops for assignment on other borders.

Though Takashi and his son were often in disagreement during these crucial years, Theodore's successes and support among the military were undeniable. Some old-liners still oppose Theodore's methods and innovations, but the Coordinator seems to have made his peace with his son ever since Theodore's relative successes against the Clans in the recent invasion.

3050 Update
[Prepared by Justin Allard, Intelligence Secretary of the Federated Commonwealth.]

The most significant events occurring in the Draconis Combine since the Fourth Succession War are the rise of Theodore Kurita, the secession of Rasalhague, and the War of 3039, in which Federated Commonwealth forces attempted to recapture worlds lost to House Kurita in the Fourth War. Though Federated Commonwealth commanders expected to easily defeat the Combine forces, the Kuritans surprised us with the strength and cleverness of their resistance. In the end, our massive invasion resulted in the capture of only seven worlds: Cylene, Lima, March, McComb, Murchison, Royal, and Skat. The Kuritans took three: Fomalhaut, Quentin, and Saffel.

Rise of Theodore
Theodore Kurita, Coordinator Takashi's only offspring, may be the most powerful man in the Draconis Combine, even though it is his father who holds the highest title of power. Theodore's rise began with his successes against the Steiner military in the Fourth Succession War. In contrast, Takashi lost the support of many Combine citizens because of his behavior during that conflict.

The Coordinator's obsession with destroying Wolf's Dragoons after the mercenaries left the Draconis Combine in 3028 seemed to border on madness. Coordinator Kurita took the case to a ComStar Review Board, but the Board ruled no fault. While he was concentrating all his energy and attention on the Dragoons along the Davion border, the Combine military effort on the Commonwealth front suffered greatly. Takashi, meanwhile, became increasingly irrational, flying into fits of rage and ranting that he wanted the skins and skulls of the Dragoons' commanding officers.

Constance Kurita, Keeper of the Family Honor, stepped in a few weeks before the war's end, demanding that Takashi undergo intensive medical examination. What the doctors found was that the Coordinator had suffered a stroke severe enough to affect his mental functioning sometime in the previous two years. They also predicted he would suffer another, even more debilitating one unless he underwent a series of operations to remove dangerous blood clots and to repair weakened arteries.

While all this was occurring, Theodore was gaining in prestige and influence in the Dieron Military District. While Warlord Cherenkoff virtually twiddled his thumbs, Theodore went from command of three regiments of misfits to de facto military control of the important Dieron Military District. Through shrewd analysis and daring strategies, he succeeded in reversing the Combine's woeful military situation by stopping the Commonwealth offensive cold.

The Combine still lost more than 50 star systems in the Fourth War and many of its best regiments were mauled, yet the defeat might have been even more devastating if not for Theodore Kurita's brilliance. He emerged from the war as a hero, while Takashi's aura was tarnished. This set off a power struggle within the Combine, though the Dragon realm seems to have emerged stronger rather than weaker from the crisis.

Even after the war was over, Theodore Kurita continued to expand on his power and popularity. As a result of his skillful leadership during the war, he eventually won the support of most of the regiments of the Rasalhague, Dieron, and Benjamin Military Districts. All unwittingly, Theodore had also impressed the yakuza, the Combine's organized crime syndicate, who saw him as a new and potent force compared to the stagnation that Takashi represented. These yakuza later pledged their support to Theodore and helped him resist the Federated Commonwealth's massive invasion of the Combine in 3039.

Takashi has always been harsh toward his son, but he could not ignore Theodore's immense popularity with both the military and the people. In 3030, the Coordinator felt obliged to award Theodore the Order of the Dragon in honor of his achievements during the war. In that year, he also appointed his son Gunji no Kanrei, Deputy for Military Affairs. Takashi may have believed it was a hollow honor, but Theodore leaped at the chance to re-mold the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery according to his own desires. As Kanrei, virtually no one stood in his way.

Also at this time, it is believed that Theodore Kurita made a secret deal with Myndo Waterly, Primus of ComStar. We have reason to suspect that Waterly offered to supply House Kurita with 'Mechs, equipment, and troops if Theodore would allow her to station ComStar forces in the Combine and if he would support the creation of the Free Rasalhague Republic. Theodore apparently accepted the deal, because the Draconis Combine quickly recognized the Free Rasalhague Republic after it declared its independence, despite the fact that the Combine had to give up worlds to that new state.

Also in his camp was Constance Kurita, Keeper of the House Honor and head of the Order of the Five Pillars (O5P). As head of the O5P, Constance had access to her Order's considerable intelligence capacities, and she may have been inclined to put this information at Theodore's disposal. The Coordinator's son may also have benefited from his special friendship with Subhash Indrahar, dreaded Director of the Combine's Internal Security Force.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Constance and Indrahar must surely have assisted Theodore in keeping secret his marriage to Tomoe Sakade for so long. The two were married in 3019, but Theodore did not reveal the fact to his father until 3033, when Tomoe had already borne him two children, one of them a son. It is well-known that in all those years Takashi was anxious to see his son married and the succession of his line guaranteed by the birth of a child. The Coordinator actually arranged several marriages for his son, but all were canceled for one reason or another.]

The Ronin War
On March 13, 3034, Haakon Magnusson declared himself Prince of the Free Rasalhague Republic, which included most of the former Rasalhague Military District of the Draconis Combine. ComStar quickly recognized the new state, as did Takashi Kurita. The FRR created a buffer state between the Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth, freeing up Combine troops for use on other borders. Only about 20 Rasalhague District worlds remained under Combine control as the Alshain District, while the Lyrans gave up most of what they had captured in the Fourth Succession War. The new Alshain District included ten worlds of the Buckminster Prefecture. Duke Hassid Ricol was appointed Governor, possibly in return for a copy of the Star League library core that the Gray Death Legion had discovered on Helm six years before.

Not all the Warlords of the Combine accepted the decision to recognize Rasalhague's independence. Ivan Sorenson, Warlord of the Rasalhague Military District, was assassinated before he even knew of the Draconis Combine's acquiescence in the FRR's birth. However, the Warlords of Pesht and Dieron Districts, Marcus Kurita and Vasily Cherenkoff, disagreed violently with the decision to surrender Combine worlds and vowed to fight. Under the leadership of Marcus Kurita, the renegade forces attacked the FRR.

Theodore branded these men ronin, declaring that they did not act in the name of the Draconis Combine. Then he sent DCMS troops to cut off the ronin from their supply bases in the Combine and ordered his men to crush any resistance.

Vasily Cherenkoff died in the ronin invasion when his Atlas was beheaded on Orestes. His second-in-command, Tai-sho Dexter Kingsley, withdrew from the fight and swore his allegiance to the Kanrei, which cut off Marcus Kurita's support. In May of 3034, Marcus Kurita was assassinated in his field headquarters on Predlitz. The Kuritans blamed the Lyran Commonwealth, but it is just as likely that one of their own ruling clan wanted the eternally scheming Marcus Kurita out of the way.

The Kanrei benefited in several ways from the Ronin War. Because he was fighting against rebellious elements in his own military, it was a way of purging those disloyal troops. Warlords Cherenkoff and Marcus Kurita, two adversaries, were also permanently out of the way. Finally, because Theodore withdrew his troops after they had helped to crush the rebels, he raised his stock with the FRR considerably.

Theodore's Innovations
As Kanrei, Theodore has made many changes in the DCMS to make it a stronger, more efficient force. New 'Mech and fighter pilots, many of them yakuza, were trained in the rebuilding of the Ryuken and Genyosha regiments as well as at special field academies. This training stressed practical cooperation rather than political correctness, emphasizing coordination between front and rear echelons and among the various military branches. Early in this training program, Coordinator Takashi had attempted to undercut this new military trend by ordering that the Genyosha and Ryuken be dispersed among the rest of the DCMS in June 3031. Rather than diluting Theodore's ideas, this merely served to disseminate them widely throughout the ranks. The reformation of the Ryuken and Genyosha, however, was set back severely, and those regiments came back together barely in time for the War of 3039. To our surprise, Theodore was making other major changes in the DCMS.

War of 3039
The success of Theodore's policies became clear during the War of 3039, when Federated Commonwealth forces mounted a four-pronged offensive against the Draconis Combine. Theodore coordinated and planned his defense so skillfully that it caught the Davion invasion force by surprise. The war continued until early 3040, but it soon became the old game of mutual raid-and-reprisal, rather than a major offensive that had the Combine on the run.

Long after the war, Federated Commonwealth military intelligence still has not been able to discern what Theodore Kurita did and how he did it. What is known is that the Draconis Combine fielded a large number of units that we still have not been able to identify. The DCMS also fielded 'Mechs of design seen only in the Com Guards and variants with unexpected capabilities. Warriors should exercise great caution in encounters with any unknown 'Mech type and with Kurita Chargers, which may have increased weaponry, or special two-seat BattleMasters, which have enhanced communications and command capabilities.

Politics

Takashi's Status
Much of the blame for the Combine's poor showing during the Fourth War can be laid at the door of Coordinator Takashi Kurita. His erratic behavior shook the confidence of many nobles and other high Combine officials. The only person to challenge the Coordinator's power was the late Marcus Kurita, who made several attempts against Takashi's life and went renegade during the Ronin War. Most Combine officials have been biding their time to see how the chips will fall in the unspoken struggle for dominance between father and son.

Takashi's most important support is among the older officers of the DCMS, mainly because Theodore's sweeping renovations have stripped them of much of their prestige.

Theodore's Status
Theodore's military successes during the Fourth War and the War of 3039 have solidified his position as the Combine's great military genius, while his rank of Kanrei has given him the power to shape the military with virtually no interference. He can count on the support of most of the younger officers, non-commissioned officers, and enlisted troops, who admire and even revere him. Women and officers from the lower classes, particularly MechWarriors, have a special loyalty to Theodore because it was he who removed the barriers that prevented them from rising in rank and importance. Of all Theodore's supporters, however, the yakuza are the most ardent. By acknowledging their value and giving them a chance to assist him militarily, he has won the fervent support of most yakuza clans in the Combine.

The main opponents of Theodore Kurita are the die-hard older officers of the DCMS, who resent being forced to give up the old ways in which rank alone gave them unquestioned authority. There has been an insidious war within the bureaucracy of the DCMS since Theodore became Warlord, with the older officers trying desperately to hold on to their power while trying to hinder Theodore's reforms. This has been mostly a losing battle, however, as Theodore "requests" more and more of these officers to retire or as they see their most prominent comrades killed.

Reconciliation
The truce between Takashi and his son, which began in 3039, seems solid. From what we can gather, the two have agree to maintain their respective power bases, with Takashi exercising authority over social, economic, and political matters, and Theodore controlling the military. The two are often seen together publicly, and usually with Theodore's wife and children in tow.

That is significant because Theodore's personal life was once a sore point between the Coordinator and his son. For now, Theodore seems content to play the dutiful son in public, no doubt because he and his father realize that public support in the freer, more open Combine society will be the key to their political survival. Both have become conscious of the power of the new independent Combine media and are learning to make clever use of it.

Foreign Relations
Relations with other "friendly" realms have suffered while the leaders of the Combine dealt with major internal problems and then the invasion of 3039.

We have learned that there is a movement afoot in the Combine to renew alliances beyond the border of the Combine. Some, perhaps including Theodore, believe that a successful alliance is possible even though the members will be separated by the Federated Commonwealth. Indeed, if ComStar's support of the Combine is as extensive as believed, this could easily give the Combine and any allies special communication and transportation privileges.

An alliance with the Capellan Confederation is unlikely because of the weakness of the Capellan military and Romano Liao's unpredictability. An alliance with the Free Worlds League might be more probable because of that state's proximity, strength, and strong contacts with ComStar. According to latest reports, Combine diplomatic missions have made visits to Captain-General Marik.

Border Changes
The creation of the Free Rasalhague Republic from the Combine's former Rasalhague District left a band of planets that became the heart of the Alshain Military District. Ruled by the planet Alshain, this District is a long, thin region bordering the new FRR. It consists of the 20 Rasalhague worlds that the Combine did not surrender to the FRR, plus ten worlds from the Buckminster Province. The Alshain District is divided into three Prefectures named for their capitals: Buckminster, Garstedt, and Rubigen.

The reshuffling of Combine assets into the new prefecture allowed Theodore to staff the region with many political allies, including Duke Ricol, formerly of Verthandi. The Duke was named Governor in 3034, directly after the Combine recognized the FRR.

DCMS
As Kanrei, Theodore has made many sweeping changes in the DCMS through the manipulation of personnel and resources. Among his first actions was the establishment of "Tiger Programs," which resemble the Federated Commonwealth's regional training battalions. Theodore's military changes also include active recruitment of the best warriors for Theodore's loyal regiments, regardless of social rank or sex.

At first, most warriors trained in the ten Tiger Programs were assigned to one of the five Ruyken regiments or two Genyosha regiments. These regiments and the four Legions of Vega were the core of Theodore's support until his father ordered them disbanded in 3031. Even disbanded, however, they served Theodore as his eyes and ears among the other regiments. His secret deals with ComStar and the yakuza also gave him the means to create a number of other private regiments whose skill and loyalty were crucial during the War of 3039, along with the newly reconstituted Ryuken and Genyosha.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: These private regiments, composed largely of Underworld characters, women, and people from the lower classes of Kurita society, are still largely a mystery. Wolfnet refer to them as "ghost regiments" and have identified approximately twelve such units.]

Theodore has also altered the ranking system in the DCMS. Previously, ranks from Recruit through Sergeant Major were considered too unimportant to rate a Japanese name. In Theodore's new army, all ranks are treated as important and deserving of respect, and so the lower ranks now have the following Japanese names:

Recruit: Hojuhei
Private: Heishi
Lance Corporal: Gunjin
Corporal: Go-cho
Sergeant: Gunsho
Mater Sergeant: Shujin
Talon Sergeant: Kashira
Sergeant Major: Sho-ko

Warlords received the new title of Tai-shu. The Kanrei also gave MechWarriors and AeroSpace Pilots the title Busosenshito express his respect for their worth. Before this, the DCMS did not hold its aerojocks in high esteem.

Theodore altered battlefield tactics as well. In 3036, he wrote a text on his philosophy of combat, Modern Tactics: The Combined Arms Approach. It reflected his interest in the combined-service attacks used so successfully by the AFFC. Since then, the DCMS is more likely to attack with groups of units, each from a different military background. This proved especially effective in the Kanrei's defense strategies in the War of 3039.

To the older officers, Theodore's ideas and the influx of warriors from all classes seemed almost heretical, even if effective. As proof, they point to the lack of discipline and honor shown by some younger soldiers.

The military industry of the DCMS is remarkably free of such political divisions because it survives no matter who holds power in the realm. After the creation of the Free Rasalhague Republic deprived the Combine of two 'Mech factories, efforts were made to expand existing facilities. Their increased production, along with the ComStar 'Mechs, have apparently given the DCMS the luxury of surplus 'Mechs and parts.

Social and Economic Reforms
Believing that the Capellan Confederation's rigorous social stratification was responsible for their defeat in the Fourth War, Coordinator Takashi instituted the Pillar Reforms in 3043. These laws, which relax the restraints on social classes in Combine society, are a major reinterpretation of the Dictum Honorium. The Reforms also allow citizens more privacy than previously. While these reforms may trouble Constance Kurita and the ISF, neither has openly opposed them.

The Pillar Reforms also address the economy. They give corporations greater freedom to chart their own destinies. The reforms also attempt to stimulate inter-realm trade by increasing construction of commercial JumpShips, as well as releasing ships requisitioned by the DCMS decades, even centuries, ago.

Trade with the Federated Commonwealth continues to be forbidden, as it has been for the past 20 years. Trade with the Free Worlds League, the Capellan Confederation, and the Free Rasalhague Republic is encouraged.

The Pillar Reforms seem to have inspired a great sense of optimism among the Combine's ordinary citizens. In addition to enjoying greater personal freedom, people in the Combine have a higher standard of living for the first time in a century.

Goals and Problems
It is likely that the strengthening of the DCMS will continue. Takashi may be wary of the DCMS's loyalty to his son, but the two seem to have an improved relationship. Besides, the Coordinator has a vested interest in making his borders with the Federated Commonwealth secure or in being able to launch an offense. Related to these goals are his recent diplomatic efforts toward the Free Worlds League. An alliance of these two states could complicate the Federated Commonwealth's plans.

It is expected that the Coordinator's social and economic reforms will continue, giving the Combine a strong economy and a contented people in the second half of the 31st Century.

The tensions between Coordinator Takashi and Kanrei Theodore are the biggest potential problem facing the Draconis Combine. Though the dispute between the two seems less public in recent years, it would be naive to believe that it no longer exists.

The history of troubles between the two is mirrored in the DCMS by the older, aristocratic officers loyal to the Coordinator and the younger, more pragmatic officers of the Kanrei's new army. If something were to disrupt the fragile working relationship between the Coordinator and his son, it could wreak havoc on the DCMS and the Combine.

Finally, the increased personal freedoms outlined in the Pillar Reforms have brought a sudden increase in crime and the expression of dissident political opinions. The introduction of even harsher punishments for lawbreakers has not deterred either criminals or dissidents. There are those within the government, notably the ISF and the O5P, who might be provoked to take action against these trends without the Coordinator's permission. Again, this could upset the balance of power and seriously weaken the Combine's position.

Draconis Combine Force Listing

(Deployment as of 3054)

Prior to the War of 3039, House Kurita received covert military aid from ComStar, which greatly strengthened their borders against the hated Federated Suns. During the Clan invasion, these units were withdrawn from the Federated Commonwealth border to reinforce the Clan front, but they have since been returned to the border. Despite an impressive defense, the Combine suffered significant losses in the war with the Clans, and now fear more than ever that the Federated Commonwealth will take advantage of their weakness. ROM has been unable to determine what Combine forces have been stationed on Wolcott, though we suspect that this planet is being prepared for use as a staging area for Draconis raids into the Clan occupation zone.

Because Takashi and Theodore Kurita are now presenting a united front, the loyalty rating refers to the Combine itself, rather than to one man or the other.

Commander: Coordinator Theodore Kurita
Aide: Gunji-no-Kanrei Hohiro Kurita
Mech Strength: 58 Regiments, 2 Battalions

Dieron Military District
Commander: Tai-shu Michi Noketsuna
Aide: Tai-sho Dale Stephans
Mech Strength: 3 Regiments

Kessel Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Isoroku Kurita
Aide: Sho-sho Tobias Villagua
Mech Strength: 1 Regiment

Unit Name Experience Regiments Homeworld
40th Dieron Regulars Green 1 Kessel
(CO: Tai-sa Oscar Oshion)

Vega Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Michael Sobiroff
Aide: Sho-sho Vincent Gasora
Mech Strength: 0 Regiments

Al Na'ir Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Hosiji Vestuto
Aide: Sho-sho Hectora Sesla
Mech Strength: 2 Regiments

3rd Dieron Regulars Regular 0.66 Dieron
Regular 0.33 Altair
(CO: Sho-sho Samson Torsibo)
15th Dieron Regulars Regular 0.66 Al Na'ir
Regular 0.33 Nirasaki
(CO: Tai-sa Patrick Sanderson)

Ashio Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Jasik Yoshiro
Aide: Sho-sho Seth Adams

Algedi Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Andrew Asaro
Aide: Sho-sho Jeffrey Kornilov

Galedon Military District
Commander: Tai-shu Li Dok To
Aide: Tai-sho Jarvek Dolmassay

New Samarkand Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Wendall Hansen
Aide: Sho-sho James O'Callahan

6th Galedon Regulars Regular 1 New Samarkand
(CO: Tai-sa Ivor Sotallarude)

Kaznejov Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Hak Su Kim
Aide: Sho-sho James Flynn

Matsuida Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho David Chung
Aide: Sho-sho Mich Altermeir

Oshika Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho U Poi
Aide: Sho-sho Arthur Koop

16th Galedon Regulars Green 1 Hachiman
(CO: Tai-sa William Tohiro)

Tabayama Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Samon Tartikoff
Aide: Sho-sho Joseph Ullors

19th Galedon Regulars Regular 1 Bad News
(CO: Tai-sa Bobby Bock)

Benjamin Military District
Commander: Tai-shu Boris Petroff
Aide: Tai-sho Fritz Hillinger
Mech Strength: 21 Regiments, 2 Battalions

Baldur Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho George Hujiwara
Aide: Sho-sho Kevin Hamilton
Mech Strength: 10 Regiments

2nd Sword of Light Elite 1 Baldur
(CO: Tai-sa Kelly Tok Do)
2nd Arkab Legion (1 Batt) Veteran 0.33 Ogano
(CO: Tai-sa Basir Ojima)
2nd Benjamin Regulars (2 Batt) Regular 0.66 Ogano
(CO: Tai-sa Samson Ashura)
6th Arkab Legion Regular 1 Arkab
(CO: Tai-sa Jusiral Bjutial)
11th Benjamin Regulars (1 Batt) Regular 0.33 Meilen
(CO: Tai-sa Martin Drully)
10th Ghost Regular 1 Meilen
(CO: Unknown)
12th Dieron Regulars (1 Batt) Regular 0.33 Kiesen
(CO: Tai-sa Lacor Walton)
24th Dieron Regulars (1 Batt) Green 0.33 Odabasi
(CO: Tai-sa Frederick Lugo)
17th Galedon Regulars Regular 1 Chandler
(CO: Tai-sa Jon Ziblerson)
1st Ghost Veteran 1 Babuyan
3rd Ghost Veteran 1 Dumaring
11th Ghost Regular 1 Najha
12th Ghost Green 1 Najha

Kajikazawa Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Victor Coale
Aide: Sho-sho Hishu Stonara
Mech Strength: 2 Regiments

3rd Benjamin Regulars (2 Batt) Veteran 0.66 Paracale
(CO: Tai-sa Samuel Nelson)
3rd Proserpina Hussars (1 Batt) Elite 0.33 Paracale
(CO: Tai-sa Gregg Weston)
6th Benjamin Regulars Regular 1 Dover
(CO: Tai-sa Hajii Mara)

Proserpina Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Fenton Worridge
Aide: Sho-sho Hohijo Bradbury

9th Benjamin Regulars Veteran 1 Proserpina
(CO: Tai-sa Mark Tomtrill)

Xinyang Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Elliot Tsein
Aide: Sho-sho Todo Gewers
Mech Strength: 7 Regiments, 2 Battalions

5th Sword of Light Green 1 Tanh Linh
(CO: Tai-sa Hohiro Tastuma)
2nd An Ting Legion (2 Batt) Veteran 0.66 Leiston
(CO: Tai-sa Shin Oshika)
34th Galedon Regulars (1 Batt) Regular 0.33 Leiston
(CO: Tai-sa Venn Oblak)
12th Galedon Regulars (2 Batt) Regular 0.66 Bicester
(CO: Tai-sa Oscar Bassman)
15th Benjamin Regulars Green 1 Xinyang
(CO: Tai-sa Drex Hof)
2nd Galedon Regulars Green 1 Braunton
(CO: Tai-sa Hojim Banjuri)
8th Galedon Regulars (1 Batt) Veteran 0.33 Braunton
(CO: Tai-sa Richard Hanson)
21st Galedon Regulars Regular 1 Yumesta
(CO: Tai-sa Lee Sawyer)
1st Proserpina Hussars (2 Batt) Veteran 0.66 Yumesta
(CO: Tai-sa Jeong Moon Lee)
7th Ghost Veteran 1 Baruun Urt

Iruzun Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Salija Warrick
Aide: Sho-sho Sojanee Rausali

22nd Benjamin Regulars Green 1 Marduk
(CO: Tai-sa John Ahrmram)

Pesht Military District
Commander: Tai-sho Teyasu Ashora
Aide: Tai-sho Kelly Dasoshigi
Mech Strength: 31 Regiments

Kagoshima Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Tomoe Sakade
Aide: Sho-sho Aron Kirzak
Mech Strength: 24 Regiments

1st Amphigean Lt Assault Group Veteran 1 Kilmarnock
(CO: Tai-sa Ishajii Michaels)
7th Alshain Regulars (1 Batt) Veteran 0.33 Chatham
(CO: Tai-sa Yama Shazli)
8th Alshain Regulars Veteran 1 Chatham
(CO: Tai-sa Tasha Greer)
11th Alshain Regulars (2 Batt) Green 0.66 Chatham
(CO: Tai-sa Mara Kalish)
11th Legion of Vega Veteran 1 Chatham
(CO: Tai-sa Yoshi Yamasaki)
9th Pesht Regulars (2 Batt) Regular 0.66 Chatham
(CO: Tai-sa Mark Graham)
8th Sword of Light (2 Batt) Regular 0.66 Chatham
(CO: Tai-sa Kevin Awano)
8th Dieron Regulars Veteran 1 Meinacos
(CO: Tai-sa Carlos Leighiar)
12th Dieron Regulars (2 Batt) Green 0.66 Maldonado
(CO: Tai-sa Brian Quick)
24th Dieron Regulars (2 Batt) Green 0.66 Herndon
(CO: Tai-sa Frederick Lugo)
32nd Galedon Regulars Green 1 Pesht
(CO: Tai-sa Elizabeth Venga)
4th Pesht Regulars (2 Batt) Green 0.66 Pesht
(CO: Sho-sho Stephan Somogyi)
2nd Dieron Regulars Veteran 1 Pesht
(CO: Tai-sa Jerome Tishilar)
Ryuken (4 Regiments) Veteran 4 Pesht
(CO: Sho-sho Sung Kim Il)
1st Genyosha Elite 1 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Narimasa Asano)
2nd Genyosha (1 Battalion) Elite 0.33 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Laura Nelson)
1st Shin Legion Veteran 1 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Chou Yanyuan)
2nd Legion of Vega Veteran 1 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Tikov Recardni)
17th Benjamin Regulars Veteran 1 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Tucker Orsinian)
Ryuken-Ni Veteran 1 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Dechan Fraser)
1st Sword of Light (2 Batt) Veteran 0.66 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Shigeru Yoshida)
7th Sword of Light (2 Batt) Veteran 0.66 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Kiyomori Minamoto)
Otomo (2 Battalions) Elite 0.66 Luthien
(CO: Tai-sa Oda Hideyoshi)
6th Ghost Veteran 1 Kagoshima
8th Ghost (1 Battalion) Regular 0.33 McAlister
22nd Dieron Regulars Veteran 1 McAlister
(CO: Tai-sa Jason Ohiro)

Lonaconing (formerly Bjarred) Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Tashy Jacarlaba
Aide: Sho-sho Robert Manati

3rd Alshain Regulars (1 Batt) Regular 0.33 Lonaconing
(CO: Tai-sa Murry Cohen)
4th Arkab Legion (2 Batt) Veteran 0.66 Lonaconing
(CO: Tai-sa Sajulam Kosiridam)
4th Alshain Regulars (1 Batt) Veteran 0.33 Altona
(CO: Tai-sa Steven Watkins)
5th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre Green 0.66 Altona
(CO: Tai-sa Ishtar von Nielsburg)
2nd Night Stalkers Veteran 1 Matamoras
(CO: Tai-sa Okubo Henderson)

Ningxia Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Bradley Tigart
Aide: Sho-sho William Cloud Climber

7th Pesht Regulars Green 1 Lands End
(CO: Tai-sa Kurtis Benzinger)

Qandahar Prefecture
Prefecture Commander: Tai-sho Hya Toyotomi
Aide: Sho-sho Tadaki Johiro

6th Pesht Regulars Green 1 Qandahar
(CO: Tai-sa Basia Bryant)
10th Pesht Regulars Green 1 Gravenhage
(CO: Tai-sa Jefferson McCarl)
5th Ghost Regular 1 Nowhere
you happy now?
Nightward
03/12/04 04:52 PM

The Twenty Year Update places the Combine's strength at about 99 Regiments in 3050- this is on p.40, by the way. FM: Draconis Combine: p.132 states that the in 3059, the Draconis Combine posseses just 76 'Mech regiments. I'd be greatly surprised if, by 3067 when Field Manual Update comes through that the Dragon has somehow assembled 120-odd more Regiments. I probably wouldn't complain too much, but I'd be surprised as hell.

Your overly long cut-and paste from The 20 Year Update shows absolutely nothing. What a shock; House Kurita ascended to power through military conquest. You mean, like...oh, say, House Davion...House Steiner...House Marik...House Liao...and, oh, yeah, both Elected Princes Haakon Magnussen and Mansdotter. And King Grimm, the Centrella Dynasty, and everyone else in power? I mean, what are the odds? Who knew?

That entire report was prepared for Prince Hanse Davion, by Justin Allard. Therefore, we know that the report will be inherently editorially biased against the Draconis Combine. At the time the book was written, the Federated Commonwealth was the "in thing" with the writers of novels and sourcebooks. FASA goes through stages like that.

Furthermore, your post only served to prove my point that the Draconis Combine has instilled fanatical loyalty in both its regular citizens and troops.

neven, I'm amazed as to how easy it is to win a debate against you. You regularly head out on tangents that a coherent mind is unable to follow, provide blanket statements with no facts t back them up, insult other posters, and then flame us down when we take the time to make a coherent and polite reply.

Here's the debate in summary so far:

neven: Blanket statemtnt that cannot be supported.
Nightward: Nope. Says here, here and here this is what happens instead.
neven: Never! I stand by my preposterous claims! Furthermore, X, Y, and Z.
Nioghtward: Uh, wrong again. See here, here, and here.
neven: NOOO I PWNZ0RZ J00! I AM 1337 and you know NOTHING. NOTHING!
Nightward: Ahaha. Good attempt. Now make a case and provide some form of factual back-up for it.
neven: Racist scum! How dare you insult me! <Long-winded post doing nothing except chew up valuable bandwidth and prove Nightward correct> More blanket statements that are incorrrect and cannot be supported.
Nightward: Right, uh-huh, yeah.

You might not like the Draconis Combine. In fact, you've already stated you like the Federated Commonwealth- both sides of which dislike the Combine. I am partisan enough to admit, state, and support others arguments that each House has advantages over its fellows, but you are not. And I am now the one with a closed mind?

You started this thread, neven. You wanted to know who liked what and why. Instead of being content to hear others out and ask questions, you continue to persecute a flamewar and act like a jackass.

I have no desire to continue the discussion. I end it with this: you are wrong, and I have proven so several times. Your casual dismissal of the facts at hand serve only to demonstrate your closed mind and general lack of manners. Despite repeated attempts on my part, and the part of others, to interact with you in a manner both polite and civil, you continue to attack us. I have no desire to sink to your level of personal insults and idiotic arguments; that being the case, I bid you adieu.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 71090

Contact Admins Sarna.net