Whats your favourite clan, great house, etc.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
JStallion
05/17/04 07:13 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
alright, well nice arguing with you
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/21/04 10:16 PM

Clan Wolf, House Davion, Taurain Concordat, and Kell hounds.
2nd Place- Clan Hells' Horses, Comstar (in lieu of a great house), Rim Worlds, and Grey Death Legion.

The Reasons... well, That'd take too long. Suffice it to say Clan Wolf overall, but if you view my 1st choices close enough, the similarites (in political attitudes and battlefield prowess) should become clear...
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/21/04 10:28 PM

To Nightward- You realize, of course, that the reason the DC recovered more salvage than any other house is because the DC took the brunt of the invasion (DC and the poor FRR) and lost the most territory, I imagine some salvage would go along with that. But did the DC finally strike back at the clans and even annhililate one of them? No, sorry, that was all Victor Davion. I hate to admit it, being clan and all, but the Davions seem to be the most formidable foe (outside of say, Comstar when they're trying)...
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/21/04 10:45 PM

And one last thing, if I may (no offense to anyone involved)... MWDA aside, what if your preference is not 3067? What if you intend to play during the invasion? I know many are the players who still fight out the battles up to and just beyond Tukayyid...

Thanks, and I'm out.
JStallion
06/22/04 02:07 AM

Quote:

No, sorry, that was all Victor Davion.

you do realize that the vast majority of the forces that wiped out the jaguars was the DCMS right?
JStallion
06/22/04 02:08 AM

Quote:

And one last thing, if I may (no offense to anyone involved)... MWDA aside, what if your preference is not 3067? What if you intend to play during the invasion? I know many are the players who still fight out the battles up to and just beyond Tukayyid...

whats your point? if its your preference then its your preference, i dont see what youre getting at.
Nightward
06/22/04 04:32 AM

Eh?

Operation Bulldog was planned and lead overall by Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht. Victor was more or less just a figurehead for the Annihilation. He even says so in the books.

Operation Serpent was created by Morgan Hasek-Davion, Trent, and Anastasius Focht again.

As mentioned by JS, the overwhelming majority of forces in Operation Bulldog were DCMS. They didn't do it alone, and I never said they did- my exact quote was "The Draconis Combine was the spearhead of Operation Bulldog."

Which they were.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
06/22/04 04:40 AM

Thread necromancy: bad.

Reviving a thread that degenerated into a raging flamewar? Very bad.

That said, right on! Wolf forever.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
06/22/04 05:43 AM

Wolf? Sure they are good. They make great pelts for my mercs to use to decorate their cockpits with
JStallion
06/22/04 03:29 PM

hmm greyslayer and nightward, do you two know each other in life? seeing as youre both in the queenand, was just curious.

anyway, when i first got into battletech i was all about the jade falcons, then it turned into the wolves, and then wolf's dragons . I'm split up by these three almost equally now
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/22/04 05:12 PM

Reviving a thread- Not bad to me... Reviving a flamewar- Yes, very bad... I appreciate the as yet so far intelligent discourse though... Good show... As for you, Greyslayer, you must've been battling 2nd line Freebirths, because no mere Merc group will ever decorate their second rate machines with hides of my Wolf truebirths... But enough in character discussion...
Nightward
06/22/04 08:10 PM

Yep. Scott and I are allies in a PBEM campaign that Ned (another of our friends) is running right now.

Scott ran a tournament a while ago, and plays in Ned's tournaments, which is how I know him.

I used to be target practice at those tournaments. Now I'm fairly average tournament success wise, but tend to get better-than-average dice rolls.

Heh. At Maelstrom II I was rolling obscenely well. People claimed my dice had been tampered with. They made Ned test them whilst I used their dice. My luck only got better when I wasn't unsing my own dice. I've never seen so many headshots in one weekend...
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/22/04 08:31 PM

So, what ruleset are used for your PBEM campaigns? Weight limits on deployment, equipment restrictions? I guess what I'm asking is, who do you need to know to get in? I suppose I too would be target practice for quite some time until the ring rust shakes off...
Greyslayer
06/23/04 12:53 AM

Its a local group that uses emailed orders to organise a conflict. We still play the conflicts out face-to-face though.
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/23/04 10:53 AM

Oh... So Is there a ring out there that organizes events and games for those who cannot meet and play face to face?
Nightward
06/23/04 08:34 PM

Run a Google search for "MegaMek".
JStallion
06/24/04 02:21 AM

dont even need to do the google, scroll down, look at bottom left, megamek is there
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/24/04 11:59 PM

Yeah, got it, thanks a bunch... The Bots are dumb as advertised though... But still a welcome change for me... it's almost like having the board game and an extremely dumb opponent all over again, only without the cleanup when I'm done...
Greyslayer
06/25/04 01:49 AM

Quote:

Yeah, got it, thanks a bunch... The Bots are dumb as advertised though... But still a welcome change for me... it's almost like having the board game and an extremely dumb opponent all over again, only without the cleanup when I'm done...

You meant dumb clan opponent obviously
Nightward
06/25/04 05:24 AM

HEY!

I resemble that remark!
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/25/04 12:54 PM

Resemble dumb or resemble clan? Even the lowest castes in the least of the Clans is far superior to anything in any of the "great" houses... So consider the source before taking offense....
Nightward
06/25/04 06:36 PM

Uh, Radick...that was a joke. You know how people usually say "HEY! I resent that remark!"?

Scott still gives me crap from when I started playing BT and had the "Clans Only" mindset.

It's the Australian way to heap crap on your friends. Gives us something to do aside from rouncing the rest of the world in sport, I suppose.
Seo
06/25/04 09:28 PM

This whole thread is meaningless because us taurians will come out and conquer the entire BT universe anyway.
"...and Wayward will keep telling us how great the feature will be even it does screw the whole neveron community like a Hentai Tentacle Monster screws a Japanese School Girl..."
-Seo

For a nice cash bonus in new empires use the promo code "Seo is God"
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/26/04 05:45 PM

I knew it was a joke, but in typical dry humor fashion, I fired back and it apparently got misunderstood... No offense you see, only "heaping the crap" in my own way... and as for SEO... Taurians? Yeah, that'll happen right after I get certified in a pink F-14 while smoking crack naked...
Nightward
06/27/04 07:38 PM

I haven't found the Bot to be dumb...quite the opposite, really.
In my first game, I randomly clicked four times down the list to give it a Lance. I wound up with a Hatchetman, Tsi T'sang, Axeman, and Sagittaire. The first thing it did was jump into a deep lake, and sit there.

So I stared at the screen and thought "Hmmm. Do I leap into an underwater battle with an all close-combat lance where my missile and ballistic-based Lance will be worthless....or, do I start a new game?"

The Bot does the most efficient possible thing at any time. It sits there, crunches through the algorithms that decide its behaviour, and then acts.

I'm used to sitting across the table and playing a human. I can figure out their tactics and see ahead to what they're trying to do. But the Bot only plays one turn at a time. Until I can adapt to its mindset, I'll be struggling. I've won 1 out of 6 lance-on-lance games.

Given multiple units, the Bot is a credible threat. If you're playing it one-on-one, though....yeah. It does some pretty dumb things.
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/27/04 08:45 PM

Well, I've only played the bot (in non-scenario games) four times to date, and each time it has done something that left me scratching my head. Once it kept a unit running around a forest, only firing missles, and maintained that posture until I cut off his route. Once it totally igorned a couple units I assigned to it, but I attributed this to the fact that the programmers warned that the bot doesn't respond to or recognize every unit in the game, but it's still annoying. It does seem to do better with multiple units than one on one, especially if those units are varied and somewhat compliment one another. In a straight up duel, however, It just wants to run right up to you and say hi, regardless of the short range staying power of the mech you give it... Oh well, I suppose if droids could think none of us would be here...
JStallion
06/27/04 09:18 PM

I did a clan medium and light binary (one star of each) against an inner sphere company also light and medium (2 medium lances, 1 light lance) as my biggest engagement vs the bot yet; everything was level 2 tech. The bot wasnt stupid but I only lost 3 mechs, a stormcrow, a grendel and a nova. My shadowcats did get 2 headshots with gauss rifles though. The only things the bot did was bring its weaker units too far back so those remaining in the front were overwhelmed.
Greyslayer
06/28/04 10:13 AM

So 10 clan vs 12 IS of similar weight classes. No wonder you only lost 3 units. Did you have better gunners as well? Random mechs for the opponent? Did you select your own?

Not much 'honour' in that fight
JStallion
06/29/04 02:05 AM

Gunners were same, units were random. it was one of the first fights i did and I was mad about losing the scenarios to the comp so i just tried that out.

I dont know though, always thought IS would be able to take out more than just 3 in a fight like that. The IS did win most engagements like that on strana mechty anyway, except of course vs jade falcons and tied wolves
Nightward
06/29/04 05:14 AM

Say it with me now: deus ex machina.

I'd be surprised if you didn't win with such light casualties. The system there is som focussed on providing Ye Olde Standard Curve...
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 71091

Contact Admins Sarna.net