Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
me the lams (land air meck)

oh toss out the mw 4 loadout system go back to the mw3
i love this game
tgsofgc
03/24/04 03:55 AM

Ok here we go cause I like to talk forever:
1. More components of the universe, including but not limited to: More vehicle types, more mechs, more dropships, more aerospace fighters, INFANTRY, and elementals.
2. More playable unit types, PC Infantry, PC Vehicles, PC Battlearmor.
3. Greater differences in speed, and changes to mech shake to make the range differences similar to the board game (things going fast are hard to hit, things at longer range harder to hit). It is especially important to consider torso twist speed and amount to make faster targets have a chance to avoid being shot up.
4. Improved multiplayer, including: arena style dules, a customizable style engine to allow players to easily and quickly create campaigns (think Neverwinter Nights), even if this only encapsulates a battle, more options for controlling death matches (such as differing value systems, possibly including Cbills and or BV, as well as better ai for bots that behaves more naturally).
5. Out of game player interaction: Including scenario creator (see #4), outside of game/lobby chat (battlenet style), support to easily allow user made textures for paint schemes and logos (such as just dropping such custom stuff in a folder... where it is displayed if a player has it, and defaults if they don't).
6. Player Character stats that affect the game. If a secure server (battlenet style) is made these could be stored server side and reflect success/kills with specific unit types against other. Advancement could be staggered and have minor affects on mech performance... such as shake, lock on speed, acceleration, heat disipation. This would reward characters for specializing, and if propperly balanced could allow dedicated players of more vulnerable unit types to eventually achieve something.
7. MORE MAPS... especially with a variety of interactive features! (think loose dirt that can be blown away over time, large number of destroyable buildings)
8. More death animations, not everytime you die do you have to fall over and explode.
9. More destruction animation/variety... give us a little more of a realistic feel make destorying concrete different than a hillside of box.
10. Not everything blows up!
11. Battle damage, as a mech takes damage create bump mapped battle damage, similarly make things like arms look like they've been blown apart instead of missing with some sparks.
12. PHYSICAL ATTACKS (read as kicks and punches)!
13. No power ups.
14. A better storyline, that gets cannon right (daishis aren't just sitting around the middle of the inner sphere)
15. No microsoft mechs!
16. No weapons that don't exist in the board game (not that I mind but Micro has already proven inept with things like Streak MRMs... also make the descriptions from the board game available)
17. Support more complex objectives for multiplayer... even if it is tied to specific maps.
18. Continued support with add ons that don't cost money (the mech packs while cool, really were just part of the game they cut and repackaged... plus microsoft tends to abandon things fast even before decent patches are up)
19. Support lower grafic/connection speed play! (Microsoft for some reason always aims at high end systems... the lag in MW 4 was fairly un bearable with even a 56 k)
20. Don't rush another mech game, develop a solid expandable game that you can continue to suck money out of... better for the price of the engine etc, and better for players interested in a great expansive game.
21. Greater/easier control of arms/head/torso make it feel different than a fps with robots that happen to have arms.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
LordChaos
03/28/04 12:15 AM

So... basicaly, you are asking for Microsoft to hire someone else to do the game, AND then stay the frell out of their way?

Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
tgsofgc
03/30/04 04:10 PM

I'm available!
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Silpheed
04/07/04 07:27 PM

Mechassault 2 on XBox looks like it does some of 1 and 2, while taking the rest of the list, tearing it up, and lighting it on fire. If you can ignore the pure FPS control scheme and the (ick) powerups, Mechassault 2 looks like it's gonna be a cool game. You'll be able to enter/exit mechs, walk around, talk to people, and pilot battlearmor, VTOLS, tanks, and dropships. Even better, the battlearmor can climb on mechs and rip off sheets of armor! (unintelligible noise of excitement)!
"War is nothing but a duel on an extensive scale." - Clausewitz
Gnome76
04/07/04 08:55 PM

MechAssault?

shudder

The charging, homing PPCs were... well... dismal? pathetic? repulsive?
Silpheed
04/08/04 03:52 AM

Ick...forgot about the homing EVERYTHING. Still, being able to rip off armor in an elemental has to be worth something.
"War is nothing but a duel on an extensive scale." - Clausewitz
Arri
04/17/04 04:02 AM

me the main thing's i want to see is 1 scrap the hole mech warrior 4 thing it sucked it tuly did in my opinion 2 i want a dam CLAN sided mech warrior i hate the is so much so very very much i want to play as a clan like smoke jaguar and beat the [censored] out of some is it would be so much funner to be the defender for once or even wage clan wars really .
Vicen_Korel
04/30/04 10:30 AM

1. Give me my criticals back
2. Engine choices light, xl
3. graphic upgrades. If I change the weapon configuration then i want my mech to look like I did.
4. If it is going to be a merc game, make it a merc game, if i want a storyline i'll play vengance or black knight. that's two merc games that are just a story line linear game.
5. Weapons. fix them back to the board game standard. they weren't broken, so don't fix them.
6. More mech choices.
"Nothing sends your love like an ER PPC"
--Vicen Korel
Gangrene
05/01/04 05:35 PM

A complete change in game mechanics. Battletech rules do not make for a good first person, real time combat game. I have played the MW games from 1 to 4, and my fondest memories are of the first. MW4, which I started, played a few missions, and stopped, is a terrible game, and it has nothing to do with the customization system MS enacted. MW4 is probably the game truest to the style of play represented in the board game, and it is not fun. Walk in a circle and shoot - that is the entire game. You even have to hold the damn cursor over the enemy mech for the stupid-ass missiles to get a lock, gimme a break. The thing is, this is how it is described in the novels and probably the best way of enacting Battletech rules. I am convinced that what works for the board game makes for a terrible video game. If fans want the MW series to have the tactical depth of games like Halo and Half Life, then they have to be willing to part with the game mechanics of the board game.
Gangrene
Omega
05/03/04 12:19 AM

I would love to have a game based on the old SL or the 1-4 SWs now that would be one hell of a game using SL Era tech or SW based game using low level tech but still beable to swap out weapons and or changing armor/speed.
"There are two Main enemys of a Merc.
Heat & the most deadly of Foes our Financing".

(Drawing done by LawGiver)

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is Finished When he quits"-President R. M. Nixon
Diablo
05/05/04 07:57 PM

crazy and hard idea popped into my head when I was reading all this, how about Massive Multiplayer Online RPG (MMORPG)? something like having your own pilot who has the Neveron attributes, and then give him a huge world and some money. go around, kick arse, get money and work your way up from infantry to power armour to vehical to mech. we could have multi-planets as maps. and have maps controled by a faction which can be invaded by another faction (shattered galaxy style!) and all players would get bonuses if their faction's doing well. merc regiments could start up and see their services to highest bidder etc. the whole game gats increasingly more and more complex the more I think about it so I'll stop here. currently I think the idea would more than overload anything but a standard ultra-computer-on-a-fiber-optic-T1-line-connection. but the idea is there.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
neven
05/08/04 06:38 PM

well, first of all, the title should be Mechwarrior 5, and it should have every single choice, to play as battlearmour, infantry, vehicles, dropships, mechs [of course] thats the first thing. Second, it should have the mw3 customization stuff on it, and more choices, like in the drawing board, and you should be able to take arms, legs and other stuff off mechs, copy and paste that stuff, and make new mech designs. second, it should have a shitload of mechs, behicles, dropships and battle armor. last, i would also like it to have startships in it, and no gay [censored] expansions that just waste our time. there should be every weapon featured, and that you could command a lance, company, batallion, or regiment. now thats a real mw game.
-***"ADAPT TO SURVIVE"***-
Thor_Mech
05/10/04 03:49 PM

MW3 with updated graphics, Arrow IVs that aren't so %&^@ pathetic (anybody remember the MW2 Merc Arrow IV? THAT was a missile!) and no stupid POS Microsoft 'Mechs!!! Also, I'd like it to take place during the initial Clan Invasion, with choice of either Clan or IS (Wouldn't it be fun to fight Tukayyid as either the Clans or a ComStar warrior?) I like the idea of different vehicles. (Or maybe Operation Bulldog, that would be fun too)
"Even after all these years, walking through the ranks of 'Mechs still gives me the chills"
- Intelligence Secretary Justin Xiang Allard
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
Vicen_Korel
05/21/04 10:57 AM

If you want to fight Tukkayyid get the mechwarrior 2: mercanaries game. The last contract was from comstar for the fight on Tukkayyid. Actually this was a pretty solid game all around. If you took this mixed it with mech 3 and updated the graphics you would come out with a great game. Just need more mechs and more options.
--Vicen Korel
neven
05/23/04 03:20 AM

uh Vicen, that was the ending video, not a contract, all you saw was an atlas shooting a kodiak, and it wasnt a contract, like i said, it was the ending video.
-***"ADAPT TO SURVIVE"***-
DragonBuster
05/24/04 06:06 AM

Quote:

well, first of all, the title should be Mechwarrior 5, and it should have every single choice, to play as battlearmour, infantry, vehicles, dropships, mechs [of course] thats the first thing. Second, it should have the mw3 customization stuff on it, and more choices, like in the drawing board, and you should be able to take arms, legs and other stuff off mechs, copy and paste that stuff, and make new mech designs. second, it should have a shitload of mechs, behicles, dropships and battle armor. last, i would also like it to have startships in it, and no gay [censored] expansions that just waste our time. there should be every weapon featured, and that you could command a lance, company, batallion, or regiment. now thats a real mw game.

Vees, Fighters, DS????

What the hell?
ITs MECHWARRIOR PC games OWNED BY MicroSoft not the DA.

if you want Mix forces then make your own Mix Forces game.
Because MechWarrior is for Warriors who Pilot MECHS not people who failed out of MechWarrior hall.
"I am the Death Wind
I am the Keeper of souls
I am the enemy of those who cause
to wreak evil upon the World"
Vicen_Korel
06/21/04 02:21 PM

if you follow the story line i do honestly believe the last contract is for there. I know that supposedly if you do that last mission using only machine guns and small lasers on an atlas you are suppose to get a special end movie. I've never tried it myself and cannot verify this however. I'll play the game through and check though
--Vicen Korel
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/21/04 09:43 PM

Why not just allow wizards of the coast or microsoft (if they'll get off their butts) or maybe SOE to go ahead and translate battletech into a mainly twitch (action) oriented MMORPG? Surely the storyline is rich enough, and players could choose a career path (pilot, mechwarrior, vee driver, infantry) and a faction ( IS, Clan, Periphery, Merc) and interact, fight, and do all things battletech in a domain that is digital and twitch based, much like the Mechwarrior series, but also contains the depth and command functions and customization potential enjoyed by the board game and Mechcommander series. I see it developing towards this, with all the different ways to play the Board game, Netmech, CCG, MW, etc, it's just we all know Wizards is sitting on the license while riding the profits of Magic, and Microsoft games won't go ahead on any project unless the profit margin is already guaranteed. Perhaps sublet it to SOE or Square or Activision or anyone with some vision and the time to do it RIGHT. It could be the reinvigoration that the franchise needs if done right, or the nail in the coffin if done wrong. There's already a petition to make a MW5 and a MC3, why not start one to show support for a MMORPG set in the Battletech universe? You'd have to agree, the replay value and depth alone make it worth the price of the software, and for those who don't favor "pay as you play" software, make the servers free, just pay for the software and subsequent upgrades... Ok, time to get off the soapbox. By the way, I'm oldschool, from the board game, novels, miniatures, and the entire MW series. I currently play MW4 online and MC2.
Gnome76
06/24/04 01:30 PM

What has Wizards had to do with BattleTech apart from the card game?
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/24/04 04:03 PM

Nothing, that was my stupid side coming out again... I have a bad habit of confusing Wizards and Wizkids and I've done it again... Please disregard... I'm still not enthused about the lack of new material coming from Wizkids either though...
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/28/04 10:51 PM

Ya know, the LAMS would be nice, but you realize the reason the LAM was dropped was because it bordered on a copyright infringement suit (one of many if you look closely) between the Phoenix Hawk LAM and Robotech's Varitech fighter... also notice the similarity between the Zentraedi battle pod and the old Marauder (sans arms, of course)... I'm not sure which came first, I just realize there are quite a few similarities and I think both sides gave and gave up a little to keep it from becoming a nasty legal issue and just let the fans play and watch both series...
Gangrene
06/29/04 12:18 AM

Quote:

Ya know, the LAMS would be nice, but you realize the reason the LAM was dropped was because it bordered on a copyright infringement suit (one of many if you look closely) between the Phoenix Hawk LAM and Robotech's Varitech fighter... also notice the similarity between the Zentraedi battle pod and the old Marauder (sans arms, of course)... I'm not sure which came first, I just realize there are quite a few similarities and I think both sides gave and gave up a little to keep it from becoming a nasty legal issue and just let the fans play and watch both series...

Actually, it did become a nasty legal issue and Harmony Gold won. Their win was more based on ednurance then law, for they had enough money to simply sue FASA into the red.

There are other similarities similarities besides those two. The Ost series is derived from the Battle Pods of robotech, and the Marauder was derived from the Glaug pod. The Crusader is the image of the armored veritech, and the Locust was borrowed from Crusher Joe. There were others, but I forget the entire list. Anyway, when FASA removed the images of the mechs that's what started the whole unseen/reseen business
Gangrene
Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/02/04 10:55 PM

Messy business, legalities.... Can't we all just suit up in giant metal engines of death and get along?
Omega
07/08/04 04:55 AM

lets not forget thatthose mecha was Big west's Macross units that FASA used..but then again HG was just mad the BT was doing much better then ther freak show called RT(it took three Big West Shows to make RT now thats just sad)

I just wish Microsoft would chalange that law suit to get a few mechs back..if nothing more then just in their Computer Games.

I also bet M$ could win that suit as well that and or put HG six feet under..now that would be sweet(from my point of view)

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is Finished When he quits"-President R. M. Nixon
Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/08/04 12:05 PM

Microsoft? Sue? Why? They're already rolling in profit... You think uncle bill is gonna spend any of his own money to procure lost license units for a franchise he didn't even create? It's a nice thought, but it's unfortunately impossible...
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
Omega
07/08/04 12:43 PM

why's that?
HG did when they threw three Big West Shows togather.
but the thing I find funny is that the Locust and a few other Mecha was never from Macross.
as for Bill..if he seen and knew how much many of the people from BT loves the Mecha from Macross line and could find a loop hole to take HG down(like frud) or even threating with a massive Lawsuit that MS could tieup in the corts until HG srivels up and dies or lets go of their claim over BW line Mecha it could happen...

on a side note from what I have been told from some one from Macross.com is that BW finly got a spine and got a lawsuit against HG and who knows Big West(who never even had a problem with BT using their Mecha drawings in the first place) might beable to strip the rights of use to their Mechas(seen in every single RT show) out from them and Cause HG to go six feet under.

BigBoss
07/08/04 10:38 PM

Robotech sucks nuts, I hate Manga (This is just my POV, dont get me wrong if you like Manga and I Dont), and so what, Battletech borrowed without permission some models, who gives a crap, its all sci-fi fantasy! But on the other hand, to settle the argument between Vicen-Koral and Neven. Neven was right over all, since it was an ending video not a contract. But also I have to agree with Neven on the "Play whatever the hell you want" crap, even if he is a major idiot, some of his "Ideas" for Mechwarrior games arent that bad (I still think hes stupid though).
--Big Boss Speaks Again!
Bringing Terror to the Comforts of Your Homes

~BB~
Gangrene
07/08/04 10:57 PM

Quote:

Robotech sucks nuts, I hate Manga (This is just my POV, dont get me wrong if you like Manga and I Dont),

I hate the vast majority of anime. Its largely just T&A with lots of guns/robots/killing. Unfortunately anime usually takes itself way too seriously.

Quote:

and so what, Battletech borrowed without permission some models, who gives a crap, its all sci-fi fantasy!

Actually they had permission, but the foreign contract was not honored in the lower courts. Its believed FASA could have won in the higher courts, they just didn't have the money to stick it out.
Gangrene

Edited by Gangrene (07/09/04 12:56 AM)
Omega
07/08/04 11:22 PM

Funny, how HG thinks they are all that when their stuff is stagnet and only re-releasing old massed togather Big West shows, while BT is still thriving.

any ways HG should be easy picking for MS since HG has dug it's self in to a hole if the Law suit I heard about From Macross.com between HG & Big West is true.....that and some one on late Night show as one of the worse marketed show around..hehehe

Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/09/04 12:59 PM

But you're missing the point: Wizkids have the motive and perhaps the opportunity to retrieve that which was taken from BT, but ole Bill Gates just doesn't CARE that much to pursue it, regardless of HG's current legal and financial state... Our only hope Lies in the Wizkids, I guess... Pity, that MS money would've won easily...

DragonBuster
07/10/04 08:17 PM

hope in Wizkids???
don't make me laugh(oh wait I already am)
WKs put DA head of BT and instead of marketing BT like they should have(beause of the Jokers My hobby shop still thinks BT died when FASA closed their doors.

we would have a better chance of the Moon falling on the earth then we do with WKs calling the shots.
"I am the Death Wind
I am the Keeper of souls
I am the enemy of those who cause
to wreak evil upon the World"
Xeus
07/13/04 06:59 AM

MICROSOFT

Things have gone way downhill since they bought the franchise. It saddens me...
Dreams are all I have.
Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/14/04 11:53 PM

Yeah, but perhaps we can at least milk one more game out of them, and with enough prodding they may even make it a good one... Maybe whoever had the petition idea was onto something after all...

BigBoss
07/15/04 07:39 PM

I just heard of a new game coming out, Battletech 3025, pretty sweet!
And also, I want to see more variety in the next MW games, not just fighting in mechs, I want infantry, elementals, aerotechs, and of course tanks

~BB~
Lone_Wolf_Radick
07/16/04 11:13 PM

Battletech 3025? What platform? From where did you hear this? It sure sounds intriguing... I hope they do it right and not the abbreviated "quasi" battletech universe that the MW series is mired in...

BigBoss
08/05/04 02:04 AM

The Graphics are a MW2Mercs/MW4 mix, with better stuff, and the game is for the computer. I dont know anything else.

~BB~
Lone_Wolf_Radick
08/05/04 08:10 PM

Where did you come by this info? I would like to see it myself, it shounds interesting...

SoyBigHead
08/06/04 03:03 PM

hahahahah that got cancelled so long ago...
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Lone_Wolf_Radick
08/06/04 08:42 PM

Cancelled, eh? Wouldn't surprise me... Oh well, it was worth a try...

SoyBigHead
08/07/04 12:40 AM

yes it was called Battletech: 3025 and it was to be published by EA i believe and it got as far as open beta and then was suddenly cancelled because the only profitible pay-to-play multiplayer games were things like EverQuest etc.
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 17054

Contact Admins Sarna.net