Need of new moderators

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
ghostrider
05/24/14 04:10 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well retry has stated he has tried the other programs and couldn't get them to work. I will give him the benefit of the doubt here.
I am not asking for a complete change, but to have some information in the stats. Granted this is not the need of new moderator conversation, but it is a basis for the challenge.

Saying someone has cranial rectumitis is a nice way of saying they have their head where the sun don't shine. I see where sugar coating some responces will give the person the wrong idea, or mislead them, while saying something harsh is a problem as well.

I would say if you want to test the voting aspects, there are a couple of things here to vote on.

Conformity of stat pages.
Some sort of rule clarifications such as a public warning of violations and hopefully a reason for the warning.. threadjacking is a big one. Not being confrontational is point of view at times. And the use of boy can be considered racist.

I do not really see much of a problem with the rules as given. There is gray area but that is with all things. Hell, I never really read the rules until the first warning I got. I figured you can't get personal, and seeing some of the neveron posts, I am surprised more people weren't banned.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
05/28/14 12:08 AM

Karagin,

Regarding any proposed changes to the Sarna forums' rules, as far as I can tell, this is what you have suggested:

Quote:
Suggested changes, Rule 2 be revised to remove the part that says moderators can do as they want.

The current and past moderators have not abused this rule, and thus I see no need to change it. The rule helps give Moderators the powers they need to help maintain the peace and order on the forums.

If a moderator were to repeatedly abuse this rule without justification, I would take the simple action of removing their moderator abilities.

Quote:
Rule 1 and 6 and 8 be merged into one rule.

I do not see a need to merge the rules, as they all deal with different, distinct, behaviors that we want to avoid. I cannot see a reason why merging them would make the rules clearer, or prevent abuse, or would otherwise be a benefit.

Quote:
As for the moderator doing his job, that being you, I think you have failed and have become to bias and I believe it is time for you to step down and move on to other things

As I've stated before, I do not think Cray has abused his powers in any way, and am incredibly thankful for his help over the years. Additionally, besides your complaints, I have not received (privately nor publically) complaints from anyone else about Cray.

Quote:
I think that by having a format or template we have a starting point

I am not in favor of requiring a specific format for all design posts, which I think would be intimidating for new posters. Just coming up would a "required format" would probably take months of arguing over.

What I would suggest instead, is to create a new sticky topic in the Designs forum that is a community-agreed upon list of "suggested text formats" that posters would be encouraged to use when sharing their designs. The post could also list any design programs that the community feels have a "good" textual output exporting mode. I've started another thread in this forum to discuss what that Sticky should say.

This "suggested text formats" and design programs posts would only be for reference and encouragement, not as a bannable offense. New posters should get the benefit of the doubt and be politely directed to the sticky.

Does that sound good?
BobTheZombieModerator
05/28/14 01:38 PM

I concur. This looks like a good compromise between the two sides and is very reasonable.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Karagin
05/28/14 10:34 PM

Nic, it's your boards. I feel Cray has over stepped his bounds as a moderator and needs to go. That is my opinion based on his actions. You feel otherwise and so have said so. I have lost faith in his ability to remind even handed and act as a third party.

As for the format/template thing, I don't see it as something that will scare off anyone, but again I am sure that if we can figure out a common middle ground then things will be fine.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
05/28/14 11:30 PM

I guess it comes to this.

Do you know for a fact cray did not warn anyone else that got you banned?
If he did tell others to back off, would that change your whole line?
Without some of the back ground info, it does seem like he has tried to stop people from enforcing their will on others by looking like he was playing favorites.
I do not think this is the case, but without private information being given out, it would appear that way.

This is how it looks, but probably not how it is.
He may have gotten tired of the crap and acted in the only way he can without crossing the boundaries himself that have lead to the punishment. I did see him suggest dropping the subject, but not in the way it seems he needed. He said to stop spam trolling on the one, and asked to change the subject a few times back to the thread. I guess he needed to say 'hey. If you continue, I will hit you with rules (x, x, x, x).
It is sad that it had to come down to it, but there were a few hints it would happen without him being completely rude saying stop it then breaking them himself.

I don't agree with everything that shows, but as I said, I do not know what happened behind the scenes unless someone says it that doesn't violate the privacy clause.
Karagin
05/28/14 11:42 PM

I am not going to argue about this, I have stated my feelings on the matter, and I stand by my statement, in my opinion his actions have shown to me that he has stepped beyond being just a moderator, a prime example is his recent comment in the Ground Hawk tank thread. But as Nic has said he still wants Cray a moderator. I have made my opinion known.

I have also stated my issues with the current rule set, Nic feels they work as written. So in that matter it's done. Nic is not going to remove Cray, he has added two other moderators, so that may help things and offers at least more then a single voice in any matters that come up. As for the rest you can IM or Cray about it, I am sure he will tell you his side and I can give you mine.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
05/29/14 10:55 AM

Thanks for all of the input. I think this thread has run its' course. If you have any additional items you'd like to discuss or suggestion, please open a new thread (or PM me).

This thread will now be locked.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 24882

Contact Admins Sarna.net