POLL: Cheating *DELETED*

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Karagin
02/25/02 01:59 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Post deleted by Karagin

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
02/25/02 02:05 PM

To clarify, I answered the question asked by your poll "Cheating: Good or Bad? (Yes or No?)" The answer is YES, cheating IS good OR bad.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Diablo
02/25/02 02:08 PM

I seldom play with anyone who is caught cheating. but then again. I don't have many friends who are willing to sit with me for an hour playing Btech
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:11 PM

Wait a minute. You ask one thing, and then poll for another. Make up your mind.

I will certainly keep playing with a cheater. I do not think cheating is a good thing.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
02/25/02 02:15 PM

How can you play with a cheater yet say it's not a good thing? How about you pick on stance and stick with it.
Karagin

Karagin
02/25/02 02:17 PM

Can you please refrain from commenting on anything I post, since you can't carry on a serious discussion without cause it to go off topic if you don't happen to agree with it.

Thank you.
Karagin

Karagin
02/25/02 02:21 PM

Thank you both, but understand I don't care about debeating this, I want a Yes or No choice made to the main question of the poll, NOT whether or not you think there are better ways to deal with them, save that for the thread entitled Question... up in the General Thread.
Karagin

NathanKell
02/25/02 02:26 PM

"main question of the poll"
Quite.
So....what is it? (you have about three)
Is it....
1. "Would you keep playing Battletech with someone who is caught cheating during battle:"
2. "Cheating is good"
3. "Cheating is bad"
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:26 PM

My stance? Alright, this is my stance:

I have certain priorities in life. First and foremost is maintaining friendships. Second is having fun. For the purposes of this discussion, third is getting high and mighty about morals.

Because I value friendship over fun, I'm willing to stop having fun to preserve my friendships - such as dropping a game of Everquest to help a friend move into an apartment. Because I value fun over the moral evilness baditude of cheating, I'm willing to keep playing an RPG after a friend "neglects" to mark off a few boxes of armor, particularly because I can probably have fun razzing him for cheating. No doubt I can get him to buy the six-pack of beer because he cheated.

Wait - reprioritization:
1) Friendship
2) Fun
3) Beer
4) Morals (including cheating = bad)

Priorities. Learn the concept. I put more weight on certain things than others. Running around screaming and declaring "I'm not gonna play with you because you cheated" is just so damn immature.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
02/25/02 02:27 PM

Read the posting...it's there..in case you missed it's in the TEXT part of the post I hope you can find it without any further help. Or should I draw a map?
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:28 PM

Oh, come on. He was just being humorous. He wasn't snide or prick that time. The better man would've ignored the comment, and the really better man would've laughed at the joke.

Karagin

Let me try this so you can understand things:

The bold question is the title of the poll, the question is up in the text. Now do you need a map or is it clear?
Karagin

NathanKell

So, in other words, I should simply totally disregard the title of the poll?
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:29 PM

Please, a map would be appreciated. Do you want us to answer the question in the text, or answer the poll? You have 2 separate, somewhat contradictory questions in your original post in this thread.

Karagin
02/25/02 02:29 PM

Once again:
Thank you both, but understand I don't care about debeating this, I want a Yes or No choice made to the main question of the poll, NOT whether or not you think there are better ways to deal with them, save that for the thread entitled Question... up in the General Thread.
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:30 PM

Yabbut the poll title and poll question are about different things. It's easy to get confused.

Karagin

YES! The bold text is the title of the Poll NOT the question.
Karagin

NathanKell

{ot}Wow, this is nearly real-time chat...{/ot}
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
02/25/02 02:31 PM

Once more THE question is in the text! NOT THE BOLD TITLE TO THE POLL.

Karagin

NathanKell

Then, of couse, this begs me to ask a question....why have it, especially when it bears no relation to the actual question (since your actual question has nothing to do with whether cheating is "good or bad," just what one would do in a situation where someone is cheating).
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator

If you didn't want a debate, you shouldn't have ask the question, "How can you play with a cheater yet say it's not a good thing?" and then told me to, "How about you pick on stance and stick with it."

I mean, that was just ASKING for debate.

And do you want me to answer the big bold poll title, or the question in the body of the post?

Karagin
02/25/02 02:32 PM

Really? Well then let me expalin it again:

YES! The bold text is the title of the Poll NOT the question.
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:32 PM

Hey, thanks for the map!

Karagin
02/25/02 02:33 PM

With him and few others around here it's hard to tell...forgive me if I for once don't want his kind of humor in a topic.
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:34 PM

Oh, I got it, I got it. Calm down.

Yes, I'd keep playing with the cheater. I have higher priorities than getting huffy about cheating.

Like using his cheating as an excuse to make him pay for the next beer run.

Karagin
02/25/02 02:35 PM

Idea for you:

Next time I will let you post the poll after I send the info to you, then you can do my taxes for me, make sure my insurance is paid, as well as my rent, and then make sure to remind to make sure I get my girlfriend her Valintines present since I was out of town last weekend. And while you are at it can you go get some burgers for me?

Why are you finding fault with this? Is it so hard to simple pick an answer based on what is there?
Karagin

Karagin
02/25/02 02:36 PM

Hint to your last question:

READ THE OTHER THREADS BELOW!
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:39 PM

Take your own medicine. I replied that I had gotten it and voted.

NathanKell
02/25/02 02:40 PM

"Why are you finding fault with this? Is it so hard to simple pick an answer based on what is there?"
Yes, when you put up THREE QUESTIONS.
And get huffy when we ask you which one is the bloody one we should answer!
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:40 PM

>Why are you finding fault with this? Is it so hard to simple pick an answer based on what is there?

Because you posted 2 mutually exclusive things with often different answers and confused the readers. That's what we were (until you clarified matters) finding fault with.

Karagin
02/25/02 02:43 PM

I saw that...and it was while I was typing the reply to your reply...sorry if I am not perfect and can't read what you are typing while you are typing it.
Karagin

Karagin
02/25/02 02:44 PM

If you can't answer something with a yes or no that is not my fault. I put up the answers I felt merited the question.

And FYI I didn't make the code for the polls, kind of reduanted to have the text and the title the same now isn't it?
Karagin

Karagin
02/25/02 02:46 PM

Two differnt things, righ will remember next time to cut and past the whole text into the title so you get it twice to avoid (or is make) confusion.
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:48 PM

>If you can't answer something with a yes or no that is not my fault

It is when you confuse the matter.

>And FYI I didn't make the code for the polls, kind of reduanted to have the text and the title the same now isn't it?

If they're completely the same, yes, but title and text should at least be on the same topic.

CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:49 PM

A simple title like, "Cheater Found: Keep Playing?" would've avoided unnecessary repetition.

Karagin
02/25/02 02:51 PM

I am glad you folks can do this better then me, so I must now bow before the better persons since my humble attempt is not good enough for the high and mighty.
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 03:03 PM

Gee, we asked for clarification and offered suggestions, you didn't act on them but stayed stubbornly with your original, and now are unhappy that you've generated enough interest in the question other people are repeating your polls?

Karagin
02/25/02 03:04 PM

Stealing is a better word.
Karagin

NathanKell
02/25/02 03:05 PM

"Making sense" is a better turn of phrase.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
02/25/02 03:05 PM

Who cares...
Karagin

CrayModerator
02/25/02 03:06 PM

Term it what you like. You'll now get the results to your question you were after.

CrayModerator
02/25/02 03:08 PM

You need to work on getting in the last word. When you say, "who cares" after all that emotion you demonstrated elsewhere in the thread, you contradict yourself.

Karagin
02/25/02 03:09 PM

Who cares. It's clear that neither poll was good enough for you or the rest so who #^$%#&$^$#& care.
Karagin

Karagin
02/25/02 03:09 PM

I knew there was a failing somewhere in the American system of education.
Karagin

Bob_Richter
02/25/02 09:18 PM

Absolutely not. You, my friend, need to remove the giant pole from your nether passage and learn to laugh at yourself.

You goofed up. I thought it was funny. I pointed it out to the world so we could all have a good laugh.

You got a problem with that?

Reminded me of a TV news report where they said they had "No idea whether or not " Bin Laden "was dead or alive."

And, of course, due to the way they used the par of conditionals, it is logically impossible for that statement to be true. A man MUST be either dead or alive!

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Bob_Richter
02/25/02 09:19 PM

Fun is above beer?

You're remarkably philosophically advanced, for a man your age.

Karagin
02/25/02 09:31 PM

Where did I goof Bob? Please tell us?

Once again you are trying to instert how you would do something on to someone else.

I did not goof, I posted JUST what I wanted. I am really sorry if your sorry hide and few others around here didn't like or that it wasn't up to your or their high standards, but tough dog crap. If you didn't like how I posted the poll then DON'T reply to or take part in it. But no you nor they won't do that. Nope you would rather trash the topic then just leave it alone and go on to something else.

Let me know when you come down from your high horse...I have something for you...
Karagin

Bob_Richter
02/25/02 10:54 PM

>>>Where did I goof Bob? Please tell us? <<<

I already did. Once again, you have decided not to actually read it.

Oh well.

BigCol
02/26/02 06:17 AM

This is funny. Is there a script you guys are using?

Cheers

Col
I don't want the world...
I just want your half...

Ana Ng - They Might be Giants
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10032

Contact Admins Sarna.net