Women should come with an instruction manual...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Black_Phoenix
04/23/02 10:58 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Would those be: 'During "that time" 1) always keep a taser ready & 2) never turn your back? Or are those rules just obvious because of instinct?
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Greyslayer
04/24/02 06:11 PM

Well my GF understands me, she brought me Dungeon Seige for nothing other than transporting her around and helping her get a car last week. I didn't ask for the game either.

Now though I suppose the complaint will surface that I am not going to be spending that much time with her... I did warn her about this game .

Greyslayer
novakitty
04/24/02 06:19 PM

I found an odd quote (in a rather odd place) that seems astoundingly relevant to this discussion. In the form of fatherly advice:

Remember these two pieces of advice.

The first is to be able to when you're beat and to say "yes dear" as soon as you realize you're in an argument.

And the second is to never take any (explative deleted) from anyone but your wife!
meow
Spartan
04/25/02 02:26 PM

To quote Rodney Carrington, "I don't take no crap from anybody else but you."
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Cheapbuzz
04/26/02 05:14 PM

"There are only two things that you need to know to understand women. And no man has any idea what either of them are!" This is the truest bit of information that I have ever read in my entire life.
Diablo
04/29/02 07:16 PM

now that's the way to get women. proper Ettiquette and gentlemeness are the ways to go. now if only women thought that....
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Nightward
04/30/02 05:58 AM

Yeah. I dunno. I think that women these days are so used to being treated with contempt that being treated properly pretty much shuts their brains down.

You can profit quite a lot in the ensuing confusion. I get a lot of help from my female lab partners that way. They are still trying to catch up with being called "ma'am" that they are willing to share their notes and information with you. This makes the lab a *LOT* easier, mostly because I do not have to think.

On another note, I now have long hair and am being judged for it. Walking out of a music store, I was searched. I get three times the personal space I used to get in crowds. And people scurry out of my way. I think I need a haircut.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
KamikazeJohnson
04/30/02 07:37 PM

>>I get three times the personal space I used to get in crowds. And people scurry out of my way. I think I need a haircut. <<

I'd call that a good thing...at least if you spend a lot of time navigating through crowds
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
04/30/02 08:19 PM

I've been married for six years and I have the exact same problem.
The_Ogre
04/30/02 09:53 PM

That's THE Ogre to you pal.

:P
"We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker!"
Black_Phoenix
04/30/02 11:09 PM

You, sir, are not worthy of the the title 'The'. You are just plain yogurt...oops, wrong joke. I mean, you are just plain Ogre.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

DrunkenSufi
05/15/02 10:43 PM

Men aren't meant to understand women, they're just supposed to marry and impregnate.

Then you're supposed to spend the next thirty years of your life wondering why on Earth you married them.

Finally after 38 years of marriage you come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter because you're both geriatric and everything is academic.
Got Muhammed?
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 17573

Contact Admins Sarna.net