How to get 50 trillion dollars

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Newtype
01/29/09 08:39 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Step 1: Have 4 billion enemies across the world
Step 2: Use each of those enemies as character points
Step 3: Use your new 4 billion character points each to get 4 billion Wealth 1 C-bills
4 billlion times (2,500? C-bills) equals 10 trillion C-bills
Step 4: MechWarrior 2nd Ed. says that a C-bill is worth $5 so exchange the C-bills for $50 trillion dollars.
By the way, I live in MO, USA so I doubt those "enemies" in other countries can harm me. And I don't want them harmed; I want lots of global and interstellar peace.
CrayModerator
01/30/09 08:44 AM

How to get $50 trillion the HeroChip way:

1) Take a rule or character generation feature out of context
2) Apply it to some extreme in a manner for which it was not intended
3) Generate an improbably extreme outcome that violates the basic precepts of the setting and abused rule(s)
4) Optional: hide real world political diatribes (like "Americans have X billion enemies") in your gaming proposal
5) Pat yourself on the back for being clever

In this case, the "enemies" flaw is meant to refer to a few specific comicbook-type "arch nemeses" who actively work to impair your PC. Everyone on a planet who dislikes or hates you does not qualify as an "enemy" by MW RPG standards, and thus a reasonable GM will not let you take more than a few enemies.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Newtype
01/30/09 12:15 PM

And if you want multiple $50 trillion dollar deposits, have another player character have a special item such as a peace treaty for everyone to agree to to de-enemize those "enemies". And then just repeat the process so many times. Looks like this Classic BattleTech role playing game plan can put peace on a par with war. That should negate all wars. As you can see this is more effective at having peace than that US Department of Peace Congressman Kucinich talked about that only has 1% of the US Department of Defense budget.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GiovanniBlasini
02/03/09 07:30 PM

Quote:

And if you want multiple $50 trillion dollar deposits, have another player character have a special item such as a peace treaty for everyone to agree to to de-enemize those "enemies". And then just repeat the process so many times. Looks like this Classic BattleTech role playing game plan can put peace on a par with war. That should negate all wars. As you can see this is more effective at having peace than that US Department of Peace Congressman Kucinich talked about that only has 1% of the US Department of Defense budget.

How do you plan to translate fictional, non-existent-in-the-real-world C-Bills into real-world currency?

Has Melissa Steiner-Davion been talking to you again?
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Newtype
02/10/09 12:22 PM

And if you want more wealth, use a time machine to get lottery numbers and play that 50 trillion dollars in Powerball Lottery with Power Play option for each ticket when Power Play is 5 and do that for 1,000 days. 5 times $1,000 times $200,000 times $25 trillion equals $25,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. ($25 hextillion). Even better, have a contact in the BattleTech universe get a DropShip full of gold asteroids and time travel them to you.
Prince_of_Darkness
02/10/09 01:34 PM

Newtype
03/07/09 12:27 PM

Actually I know of a way to get lots of money: having God as the contact when playing CBTRPG. I never really wanted 4 Giga worth of enemies; having God as the contact can get me alot of Powerball Jackpot lottery winnings. I want to donate alot of millions of dollars immediately to Humanity's Team, Christi Yamaguchi's foundation, The Smile Train, Kat Swift for president of the U.S.A. in 2012, the World Peace Government, my parents & sister and more.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/07/09 03:28 PM

Quote:

Actually I know of a way to get lots of money: having God as the contact when playing CBTRPG. I never really wanted 4 Giga worth of enemies; having God as the contact can get me alot of Powerball Jackpot lottery winnings. I want to donate alot of millions of dollars immediately to Humanity's Team, Christi Yamaguchi's foundation, The Smile Train, Kat Swift for president of the U.S.A. in 2012, the World Peace Government, my parents & sister and more.

Oh my! You have gone even farther than I would have ever have expected in complete stupidity. You are going to have to really try hard to top this one.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
coldwave
03/08/09 09:14 PM

Don't feed the troll!!!
Newtype
03/10/09 11:40 AM

Or perhaps God wants me to meet with this space-time traveller:
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/153051/an/0/page/0#153051
Actually I'm sure I can get God's help to get millions of C-bills and dollars.
Fang
03/10/09 02:56 PM

...and there he goes.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Zandel_Corrin
03/10/09 10:52 PM

Quote:

Don't feed the troll!!!

But if we feed him enough he might explode and leave forever! /whine
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
GiovanniBlasini
03/11/09 06:03 AM

What happens if everyone pays you in holes?
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
NeverSayNever
03/19/09 04:02 PM

Quote:

"How to get 50 trillion dollars[?]"

Well, why not simply do like almost any government - be it in a / your fictional setting / universe, or in real life -, would do: print more money ?
03/19/09 08:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, why not simply do like almost any government - be it in a / your fictional setting / universe, or in real life -, would do: print more money ?

That does not work. All you will do is create super inflation. You also have to be careful of taxation, because that will hurt the economy.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
03/20/09 12:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That does not work. All you will do is create super inflation. You also have to be careful of taxation, because that will hurt the economy.

I'll buy that for 10 trillion Zimbabwe dollars!

NeverSayNever
03/20/09 12:37 PM

Quote:

I'll buy that for 10 trillion Zimbabwe dollars!

That could be barely enough Zimbabwian (spelling?) currency to pay for a burger (and a coke as well?) at Harare airport now - well, at least if you manage to pay your bill before the prices get updated / adjusted once again ...

"Zimbabwe inflation rockets off the scale

By Daniel Howden

Friday, 16 January 2009":

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/zimbabwe-inflation-rockets-off-the-scale-1418016.html

"The Independent"
Quote:

Zimbabwe reached another landmark low today as the central bank introduced a new Z$100 trillion note, worth about £20 on the black market.

The real inflation rate has exploded beyond calculation, with the cost of parking at Harare airport now commonly used as an indicator of the US dollar exchange rate. The charge at the carpark is Z$400bn or US$1.

NeverSayNever
03/20/09 01:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, the original question was: "How to get 50 trillion dollars[?]" - no special conditions / restrictions specified - and it got answered, but I got to admit I could and or should have mentioned a few unwanted and or unhealthy 'minor' side effects for an economy ...

Thanks for mentioning some of these side effects of an excessive money printing run at a federal mint.

By the way, any idea where the current US gouvernment under Obama could get all the extra funds for its numerous visionary new 'New Deal' projects / programs from?

for more info on the classic "New Deal" please visit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal

Hmmm, do we hear the printing presses start humming in the distance already?
Zandel_Corrin
03/23/09 12:02 AM

Quote:

Or perhaps God wants me to meet with this space-time traveller:
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/153051/an/0/page/0#153051
Actually I'm sure I can get God's help to get millions of C-bills and dollars.

Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Fang
03/25/09 08:34 AM

...um, wow. There is no way I could bring myself to switch that light switch. No way.
Prince_of_Darkness
03/26/09 10:38 PM

What's really scary is how many of them there actually are in the world.
03/27/09 11:38 PM

The last I recall this is for Battletech not bashing peoples religious believes.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Zandel_Corrin
03/29/09 09:06 PM

No offense to anyone who does believe in the religious stuff but he did bring it up... that makes it fair game... I will refraim from stooping to that level again tho.

Appologies to everyone but neytype......
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Prince_of_Darkness
03/29/09 09:16 PM

Hey, I don't care; religion is really all the same anyway.
Zandel_Corrin
03/29/09 10:13 PM

I feel the same way but there are people out there that do believe and feel strongly about things like that.....

In my haste to fail newtype i lost sight of this fact.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
03/30/09 01:27 PM

I did not have that much of a problem with the fail photo, but where things where starting to head. I just thought that it should be nipped in the bud before someone went to far.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
03/30/09 01:57 PM

Eh; good enough of a reason for me.
Bob_Richter
04/10/09 03:08 PM

I see.

It all makes sense now.

All of it.

*snicker*
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
MaiShirunaiispretty
04/21/09 12:07 PM

This way of getting trillions of dollars sounds like something Bill Gates would dream up. I guess we now know who Newtype really is.
Wow, those bracing maneuvers sure do come in handy when firing proximity fused precision cluster flak ammo at a Balancer LAM. Unfortunately they make my 'Mech an immobile target for that LAM. Oh well, at least I'm getting partial cover.
Lefric
04/21/09 12:12 PM

Quote:

This way of getting trillions of dollars sounds like something Bill Gates would dream up. I guess we now know who Newtype really is.

I love Herochip's split personality disorder.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
MaiShirunaiispretty
04/21/09 12:16 PM

I was joking Lefric, really I'm sitting next to him here in this library.
Wow, those bracing maneuvers sure do come in handy when firing proximity fused precision cluster flak ammo at a Balancer LAM. Unfortunately they make my 'Mech an immobile target for that LAM. Oh well, at least I'm getting partial cover.
Lefric
04/21/09 01:24 PM

Quote:

I was joking Lefric, really I'm sitting next to him here in this library.

And this explains your identical IP's how? Oh, wait. It doesn't becuase it CAN'T.

Frabby's right. This board SO needs a good mod ot three.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
Prince_of_Darkness
04/21/09 03:24 PM

Quote:

Frabby's right. This board SO needs a good mod ot three.

I wonder who they are. Anyone got an e-mail or name?
Fang
04/23/09 09:04 AM

Nic Jansma is the main moderator. he needs a couple of good reliable folks to help out, though. Plus, now we are getting spammers posting junk that needs to be monitored and or deleted.
04/24/09 01:43 PM

Yes we need some one that is level headed and does not add to the OT posts to mod.

That would leave me out.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
04/24/09 03:07 PM

Quote:

Yes we need some one that is level headed and does not add to the OT posts to mod.

Someone say my name?
04/24/09 03:33 PM

Aaaaaa you add a lot of OT posts

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 20349

Contact Admins Sarna.net