Curent-rules mech creation program

Pages: 1
Voidshape
08/12/09 10:57 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Is there one?

I'm using The Drawing Board. It's not up to date.

I would LOVE to see Catalyst develop a flash-based mech creator for their website. What a fun way to get people interested in the game! The Drawing Board is fun in itself, and it's pretty minimal. A slick interface with the addition of a basic VISUAL component would be great.

By "visual" I mean a way to drag and drop stock mech art together to form a basic visual of your mech. -And man-o-man, what if that art were used to create the shape of the armor diagram? That would be SLICK.

I know that's all pie-in-the sky. But this is a fantastic game, and mech creation is half the fun. If we could share that (very complicated) aspect of the game with newcomers in a fun and useful way... Well, we might have an upswing in popularity. More book sales, etc.

...I need to learn flash. I could totally supply the artwork (I'm a designer). Any flash ninjas out there?
New to the game... And little obsessed.
CrayModerator
08/12/09 12:02 PM

There's Heavy Metal Pro (and related programs), which is pretty up to date and getting updated as we speak. It's generally used by the writers of BT to confirm their new designs. Where it's not up to date, it accepts custom weapons so you can add the stats yourself. It isn't free, though.

www.heavymetalpro.com

The website has forums, too.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Voidshape
08/12/09 12:05 PM

So does HMP use the current tech tiers? Intro, tournament etc. as opposed to levels 1, 2 and 3?
Voidshape
08/12/09 12:33 PM

Ok, checked it out. not up to TW yet, but functionally not really an issue. I may purchase.

Still think Catalyst would be well served by putting a flash mech creator on their site, but I know it's not cheap.
Christopher_Perkins
08/12/09 09:45 PM

Upgrade Pricing will be provided for owners of Current HM Programs as they are upgraded to TW/TM/TO/SO compliance

Current BMRR/AT2R/CBT Companion Compliant Versions are
Heavy Metal Pro 5.XX (Mechs)
Heavy Metal Vee 2.XX ("Combat" Vehicles)
Heavy Metal Lite 2.XX (ProtoMechs)
Heavy Metal BA 1.XX (BattleArmour)
Heavy Metal Aero 1.XX (AT 2 Units)

will likely add a version number when the programs are updated to Compliance with current rules set
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Voidshape
08/17/09 07:42 PM

Purchased. Awaiting delivery.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6457

Contact Admins Sarna.net