What's your favourite song/band/type of music?

Pages: 1
crazyguy832
04/04/04 06:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just wondering. My favourite band is Drowning Pool. My favourite song is Let the Bodies Hit the Floor. I like Punk and Heavy Metal music about the same.
EVIL SMILEY FACES:
THEY'RE EVIL!!!! (the eyebrows)
Mazer
04/04/04 11:45 PM

That song... confuses me....

My favorite band is Jimmy Buffet
Toby Keith is good too. Not sure about a favorite song, 'Good to go to Mexico' by Toby Keith is good, and I like a bunch of Jimmy Buffet's songs.
Struck, sir? I have not yet begun to fight! - John Paul Jones
Grizzly
04/05/04 01:35 AM

Well that would depend on what mood I am in. I like a little bit of everything. I have CDs ranging from NIN to No Doubt, The Eagles to Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews to Live, Metallica to Enya. So... you could say I have eclectic tastes in music....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Spartan
04/05/04 10:30 AM

Yeah I like Drowning Pool too(have you heard any of their new stuff with the new singer?). Pantera, well, now Damage Plan, also rocks. I also dig more bluesy stuff like Stevie Ray Vaughan. Hey I'm from Texas gotta support the hometown guys!

Having said that, I'm really into Led Zeppelin and AC/DC, Metallica, Black Sabbath, STP, Jimi Hendrix. There are more but these are the main ones.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Someone
04/05/04 02:08 PM

Pretty much everything.. classic - heavy metall.. Everything.
Travel to the end of world and take one footstep into the oblivion and you shall find me there.
CRASH
04/06/04 03:41 PM

Just about everything on your “Classic Rock” station (Billy Joel). Mostly country music the last few years (Brad Paisley). From my college days I really got into “The Pogues” and “The Alarm” and still love them to this day. Matter-of-fact I just saw the Alarm in Philadelphia about two weeks ago and it was awesome! Picked up a copy of “Alarm 2000” the complete collection of Alarm music (8 CD’s, 150+ songs, including B-sides, demos and rare tracks. Plus an additional CD w/ a song and dedication by Mike Peters [lead singer, if you don’t know]) Best $150 bucks I’ve spent in a long time and it’s all I’ll be listening to for the foreseeable future
"It is not home if there is no beer." - Largo, MegaTokyo.com (10.12.01)
Gnome76
04/07/04 06:48 AM

Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, Rob/White Zombie, Beck, Blues Brothers, Blues Traveler, Simon & Garfunkel, some classical music, Cake, Ben Folds Five, Remy Zero, Nine Inch Nails, Eve6, Rufus Wainright, AC (lightning bolt) DC, "Weird Al" Yancovic, and Primus.
tgsofgc
04/09/04 03:24 AM

I listen to a bit of everything, mainly because I have gone through musical phases and some of the stuff stays with me (though some of the more odd stuff I found out about from friends). Anyhow:
Right now mainly, punky garage and psychadelic bands (...especially from the 60s, or the revival stuff). Think: Shadows the Knight, the Sonics, the Pretty Things, Love, MC5, Velvet Underground, Modern Lovers. similarly I like alot of the Beatles and Stones stuff (note the stones are not the stones after the 60s, at least to me).
Stuff I use to listen to more, though still gets rotated to the top often enough, indie rock, punk rock, folk, blues, and indie hip hop/rap.
Think indie rock: Modest Mouse, Sonic Youth, Lifter Puller, J Church, Le Tigre
Think punk rock: Dead Kennedies, Cramps (rockabilly/garage revival), Discount, Angry Samoans, , Mr. T Experience, Groovie Ghoulies, Murder City Devils
Think folk: Bob Dylan, Billy Bragg, Woodie Guthrie, Leadbelly
Think blues: Robert Johnson
Think indie hip hop/rap: Anything including the works of Dan the Automator or Del the Funky Homosapien... especially Deltron 3030

I have had a passing intrest with many other types of music, for instance I like some Jazz (especially Thelonius Monk) though I don't plan on buying any jazz records. Also I like operas and classical music, though I disdain listening to them casually (I enjoy being there, and even then it doesn't go well with lack of sleep and beer like a good rock song).

In early high school middle school I listened to the radio alot and of course went through various bands that I rarely if ever listen to anymore, including Nirvana (though thats still ok every so often), Pearl Jam, Offspring, NIN, Sex Pistols, Foo Fighters. I most regret ever being into the Sex Pistols and NIN, I can't really stand listening to either nowadays.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058

Edited by tgsofgc (04/09/04 03:27 AM)
crazyguy832
04/09/04 11:17 AM

Okay, you could've just said that you liked everything, and it wouldn't of made ANY difference whatsoever. And, I didn't know that Drowning Pool got a new singer. Meh, they haven't been my favourite band for a long period of time (they have for a month or so).
EVIL SMILEY FACES:
THEY'RE EVIL!!!! (the eyebrows)
Spartan
04/09/04 04:55 PM

They're original singer, Dave, the one who sang on the original album, Sinner (i.e. the album with Bodies and Tear Away) died from something called cardiomyopathy that keeps the heart from working properly. He went to sleep on the tour bus one day and didn't wake up.

Nevertheless they're new singer is pretty good, if you haven't heard the new single check it out. Can't remember the title offhand but the chorus goes something like: If you wanna step up(step up) you're gonna get knocked down.
Spartan

Whalefsh
04/11/04 02:21 PM

There isn't much I don't like except metal
But saying that I'm partial to a bit of motorhead and iron maiden from time to time.
Here's a list of what I've been listening to recently:
The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Roni Size, Miles Davis, Jurassic 5, Goldie Lookin' Chain, Gangstarr, Cypress Hill, Photek, Roots Manuva...

When I'm not playing playing puter games, I also do a bit of DJing so I have a moderate collection of random House and Techno records.
Whalefsh

What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you excercise it?
To whom are you accountable? How do we get rid of you?
- Tony Benn
tgsofgc
04/13/04 01:59 AM

OOOOH whalefish your just the man I need to talk to then, errrr.... fish. Well my old Califone record player I picked up for like 20$ 5 years ago is finally on its last legs. I decided I will probally keep it and repair it, but I also need a new turntable. It doesn't need to be super fancy as I am not a dj, and generally listen to rock music. Anyhow what I am looking for is a good high end turntable, and a good site to shop for one online (as I am a hermit). Any help would be very very very cool.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Death_Fire
04/28/04 12:08 PM

Gotta have that punk and heavy metal! scag is pretty good to.
Oh and A B and C.
The winning team is the first team that wins!
-Hitchikers Guide To The Galixies
JStallion
05/04/04 09:24 PM

the barney theme song!
i love you, you love me, together we can be a happy family.... come on! everyone join in!
Spartan
05/05/04 09:42 AM

Stop right now or I'll be forced to put a sanction out on you!
Spartan

Death_Fire
05/05/04 12:07 PM

(choke, choke, cough, gag) Stop it! Stop it! The song of Satan! that song has corupted all the world
JStallion
05/05/04 05:23 PM

lmao

anyone see the movie mafia, that was a comedy? well if not, they kill barney in it...good stuff
Death_Fire
05/06/04 11:05 AM

True that! Slay the dinosaur and save our sanity!
The winning team is the first team that wins!
-Hitchikers Guide To The Galixies
Lone_Wolf_Radick
06/24/04 04:17 PM

I like Primus, Type O Negative, Bloodhound Gang, Kitty, Jimmy Buffett, jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Drain STH, Drowning Pool, Nitzer Ebb, Wolfsheim, basically anything as long as it's not too old, overplayed, or gangsta rap. With an emphsis on Gothic, Techno, and Heavy Metal/ Alternative Rock....
Seo
06/25/04 09:18 PM

/me pulls out the eye pokey stick

step away from the thread sir
"...and Wayward will keep telling us how great the feature will be even it does screw the whole neveron community like a Hentai Tentacle Monster screws a Japanese School Girl..."
-Seo

For a nice cash bonus in new empires use the promo code "Seo is God"
Sesshomeru
11/25/04 08:11 PM

I listen to just about anything but my favorits are the Rocks you know punk, New Metal....etc.My favorite band is Linkin Park and my fave song is " In The End " Probabbly the only music I don't listen to is country,except for Kid Rock.
Wolfgar
11/26/04 07:28 PM

SLAYER,Dimmur Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Deicide, Otep,Emperor,Danzig, Misfits, GWAR,Megadeth, Accept,Iron Madien, Anthrax, Motorhead, System of a Down, MudVayne,Judas Priest, you know the slow stuff. Oh and did I mention SLAYER
Arrows?....What arrows? I didn't even see the fricken Indians!
Sesshomeru
11/26/04 08:09 PM

Wulfgar you're such a barbarian why dont you just board a pirate ship all by yourself and go crazy on the crew.And while you're at it, piss off the Sea Sprite's wizard and then aftrwards go sleep with your wife/girlfriend or whatever.Oh and by the way Aegis-Fang is mine....Mwahahahahahaha
With each kill I grow wiser and with that knowledge I grow stronger.
-Artemis Entreri
Wolfgar
11/27/04 07:23 PM

But then after all that work, what am I going to do for fun?
Arrows?....What arrows? I didn't even see the fricken Indians!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 14201

Contact Admins Sarna.net