Rules Question - Targeting Computer

Pages: 1
PhoenixTheBlack09
02/13/12 07:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello

Quick question about Targeting computers.

As an example, the Mech that has givin rise to this question is my Puma. It has 2 PPC's, a Flamer and a targetting computer.

My question is, can I only use the targetting computer with 1 attack per round, or can I use it when firing with both PPC's? (From what I can tell, you can't use flamers with Targetting computers)

If I can use it with only one weapon, is that per round, or do I declare at the start of the game which weapon it is attached too?

Thanks for your help on this.
CrayModerator
02/13/12 10:38 AM

Quote:

As an example, the Mech that has givin rise to this question is my Puma. It has 2 PPC's, a Flamer and a targetting computer.

My question is, can I only use the targetting computer with 1 attack per round, or can I use it when firing with both PPC's? (From what I can tell, you can't use flamers with Targetting computers)

Targeting computers benefit all compatible weapons on the 'Mech. If you had 12 medium lasers, 2 PPCs, an autocannon, and a targeting computer, all 15 weapons would get the targeting computer's benefits each turn. (Non-compatible weapons, of course, do not benefit.)

If you have a fairly modern set of construction rules (Tech Manual is most current) you'll note targeting computers' masses are determined by the tonnage of compatible weapons carried. Thus, they grow with the quantity of compatible weapons, representing targeting computer systems assigned to each compatible weapon.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
PhoenixTheBlack09
02/14/12 10:17 AM

Thanks for the help.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5547

Contact Admins Sarna.net