Enterprise, CSB-65

Pages: 1
NathanKell
08/27/02 10:23 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Enterprise-class supercarrier.

Borrowing her hull form from the "Everyman's' Cruiser", the Enterprise-class CSB is a cylinder 1600m long and 320m wide, rounded near the bow and stern, with two flowering gravdecks. Her hull is divided into five separate sections. The foremost, egg-shaped as it nears the bow, is the command section; following this is one of the two gravdecks, both of which unfold like flower petals to account for acceleration. There are eight petals on each deck, and at the outermost (or foremost, if folded) tip of each is a turret mounting twin NAC-30s and twin Barracuda tubes. The middle section is the fighter bay, looking somewhat like a cylindrical grenade, filled as it is with 64 (8 for Level 2) fighter bay doors. Behind each door lies a cavernous 16-place fighter squadron bay, the heart of the massive ship. The fourth section is another gravdecks, and the fifth and final is the engineering section, pierced by eight massive thruster nozzles, able to accelerate the ship at an astounding, for a dreadnought, 3Gs. Dotted across the hull are an equally astounding 480 point defense turrets, clustered fore, aft, and amidships. Each installation sports twin Large Pulse Lasers for anti-fighter work and quad Micro Pulse Lasers for point defense. If the fighters are not enough to keep the enemy at bay, and, failing that, the weaponry does not destroy them in time, there is still one final defense: armor. The Enterprise-class carries 300,000 tons of internal structure, allowing for an unprecedented 6,000 tons of armor, distributed equally around the ship. In sum, the Enterprise and her siblings truly deserve the title: supercarrier.

code:
Class/Model/Name: [i]Enterprise[/i] (CSB-65)-class supercarrier (CSB)
Tech: Clan
Vessel Type: WarShip
Rules: Level 2, Standard design
Mass: 2,500,000 tons
Power Plant: Standard
Safe Thrust: 4
Maximum Thrust: 6
Fuel: 14,465 tons (366 days @ 1G)
SI: 120
Armor: Lamellor Ferro-carbide, 1100+12 per arc
Armament:
32 NAC/30, 30rpg
32 Barracuda, 10rpg
960 Large Pulse Lasers
1920 Micro Pulse Lasers

Bays:
Bay 1: Fighters (1024) with 64 doors (8 for Level 2)
Bay 2: Marines (344 Elemental-level PA: { (3x32+8)x3+32 } )
Bay 3: Cargo (87,506t, 3.5%) with 8 door (none for Level 2, use the above)

Grav Decks: 2 massive ones (counted as 8 250m decks)
Life Boats: 639 (enough for 110% nominal complement)

Crew and Passengers:
545 Pilots
272 Engineers / Gunners
272 Second Engineers / Gunners
2048 Bay Personnel

Quarters:
872 Enlisted
218 Officers
2048 in bays

Weapons and Equipment

Fore Sides, Aft Sides:
8 NAC-30 (30rpg) and 8 Barracuda (10rpg)

Fore, Broadsides, and Aft:
240 Large Pulse Lasers and 480 Micro Pulse Lasers

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 6,504,482,400 C-Bills
Battle Value: [i]Wish I knew[/i]

-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
08/28/02 07:37 AM

Impressive - you remembered the Soda Can cruiser.

Interesting - you didn't munch out on the capital scale weaponry, you made this more of a carrier than a dreadnought.

Good design.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Hurlbut
08/30/02 12:07 PM

Why? He showed that he clearly intend it to be a carrier, nothing more. So he did not munch out on the capital scale weaponary. He probably read his homeworks and know that carriers especailly in WW2 had intensive AA weaponary, even rivaling the modernized battleships of that period.
NathanKell
08/30/02 01:25 PM

Yup.

Also, I'd just finished reading The Shiva Option, and was drooling uncontrollably over MTVs.

Plus: I hate capital weapons. With a passion.
In fact, there are few worse things in BT...
Except now FCS limits, and the two combine.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
08/30/02 05:17 PM

I thought a bit more, and realized I'd done the PD mounts wrong...so here's the redistribution (and remember, each mount is 2LPL and 4 RPL): 180 Fore, 90 each Broadside, 180 Aft. Same total number.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3058

Contact Admins Sarna.net