BattleMech Jump Pack
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
The Jump Pack was a one-shot jump jets alternative. Introduced near 3053 design of Dr. Priar as a way to give ground-bound 'Mechs an option to perform surprise attacks catching enemy off-guard. Pack however cut 'Mechs maximum speed by the half due to it's bulk on 'Mech body and legs.
BattleMech Jump Packs allow 'Mechs to perform a single jump equaling 9 for 40 ton 'Mechs and lighter, or 9 minus 1 per each 10 tons for more heavy 'Mechs, with weight rounded down (For 50 ton - jump 8, e.t.c ). Heat is generated as for use of regular jump jets. 'Mech speed base is reduced by half through whole game till the jump, when the Jump Pack is ejected automatically.
- Unbound, p. 72, "New Tech - BattleMech Jump Pack"