103rd Division (ComStar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|103rd ComGuard Division IV-nu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||1st Army|
|Formed||Early thirty-first century|
The 103rd Division is an old ComStar military formation, assigned to the Com Guards 1st Army, most notable for its valiant efforts against Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid, Operation Bulldog and during the Word of Blake Jihad.
Early Unit History
Its formation date is unclear, however it was built up from original as part of garrison force for ComStar's HPG stations. The unit had come to be station in the Draconis Combine by 3050, garrisoning Dieron.
The unit not seen any significant action since the Clans had invaded the Inner Sphere until Precentor Martial negotiated a Trial of Possession for Terra. The unit was deployed with rest of ComStar's army in the fighting on Tukayyid.
As their part of the Battle of Tukayyid in May 3052, 103rd's parent command, 1st Army, was given shared responsibility of protecting the cities of Spanac and Luk. It fell to veterans of the 103rd to garrison Spanac, while rest of the division moved engage their opponents, Clan Ghost Bear. Nearby Luk was garrisoned by 4th Army, whom disagree with sending green troops to attack elite warriors of the Bear's Alpha Galaxy. 1st Army's commander, Precentor Katherine Luarca, sent her troops in series of hit-and-run attacks. 1st Army's fighting result in mix results, causing 103rd's sister unit, 91st Division to fall back to city and help bulk up 103rd's defenses. Following 91st Division, the Bear's Alpha Galaxy took the Spanac's suburbs that surrounded the city and layer siege to it. Unfortunately, the 91st Division failed firm up their positions and found themselves overran by the Bears, capturing Com Star's supplies. The 103rd was ordered to abandoned the city, keep them viable unit. The 103rd Division attacked Alpha Galaxy's main supply depot, lead by their 1st Army commander Precentor Luarca and surviving elements of the 308th Division. This attacked kept Luk's remaining 4th Army's divisions from breaking under onslaught of Alpha Galaxy's attacks. 103rd and its fellow divisions efforts defending the cities were not enough to prevent Ghost Bears from achieving a partial victory.
The 103rd and its surviving Division mates were deployed against the Clan Jade Falcon forces. Where they were dispatched to city of Olalla where they and remains of 1st Army fought Jade Falcons forces to withdraw from the city. Being freed of responsibility of fighting the Ghost Bears, allowed for Com Guards turn around campaign against Falcons.
After ComStar Schism
The unit remained intact despite the mass-defection of the ComStar Schism. It skills slipped to Regular and unit was reassigned to Combine world of Dover. The unit nickname is changed to be named after its long-standing commanding officer, Demi-Precentor Kimmelry.
The 103rd didn't participate in Operation Bulldog.
The 103rd reinforced the 79th Division and the 1st Skye Jaegers on Galatea, driving the Word of Blake's 11th Division off-world after a slow and grinding campaign. In 3074 they and the rest of ComStar's First Army arrived on Hesperus II to fight the Word of Blake's 38th Division. It took several weeks, but the 103rd was able to drive the Thirty-eighth Division out of the Defiance Industries complex.
The Division's commanding officer as of 3075 was Precentor Styven Kimmelry. One of the oldest serving Com Guard field commanders, Kimmelry took command of the 103rd in 3049 and remained in that position until his death to a Blakist headhunter attack on Galatea in December 3075.     
- 103rd Division (Kimmery's Raiders IV-nu) - CO: Precentor XIV Styven Kimmelry
- The Saviors of Spanac III-mu - CO: Demi-Precentor X Brian Moore
- Styven's Marauders III-nu - CO: Demi-Precentor X William Plath
- The Linebreakers III-xi - CO: Demi-Precentor V Chang Shim
- Sounds of Fury III-nu - CO: Demi-Precentor IV Elvira Vere
- Bearskinners III-omicron - CO: Demi-Precentor VII Ashfaq Ahmed
- Glory Hounds III-lambda - CO: Demi-Precentor III Anthony Dolan
- 103rd Division (Kimmery's Raiders IV-nu) - CO: Precentor XIX Styven Kimmelry 
- Unit Stationed on Dover, Regular Skilled Tech Rating: 5/75/10(A)
- The unit's insignia is crossed swords over ComStar emblem.
- Like all divisions of the First Army, the 103rd used a mixture of classic Star League and DCMS equipment.
- Tukayyid p. 48, 56 - Campaign: Clan Ghost Bear - 103rd Division's actions during ComGuard fight with Ghost Bears on Tukayyid.
- Tukayyid p. 58 - Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon - 103rd and 1st Army's actions reinforcing 11th and 3rd Armies against Clan Jade Falcon.
- ComStar Sourcebook, p. 84
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 47
- Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II, p. 8
- 20 Year Update p. 70 ComStar Deployment as of 3050 - Unit status, location and skills.
- Field Manual: Comstar p. 21 - Unit Profile
- Field Manual: Updates p. 98 - Unit status and location as of 3067.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 63 "The Coalition Rises - Galatea Secured"