104th Assault (Clan Steel Viper)
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|104th Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Nickname||The Viper's Fangs (originally) |
The Midgard Serpent (later)
|Parent Formation||Delta Galaxy|
Assigned to Beta Galaxy the Cluster took part in Operation Revival. In December 3051 the 104th challenged the First Falcon Striker Cluster for control of Orkney They fought the Falcons to a standstill and the Clans agreed to share the planet. After Tukayyid the Falcons pulled off planet leaving it to the Vipers. The Cluster was bid in no further engagements.
The 104th Assault Cluster was ordered to escort a shipment of materials from the Inner Sphere to New Kent in 3053, but did not subsequently receive any orders to return to the Inner Sphere and was transferred to Delta Galaxy. Along with the Thirtieth Fang from Nu Galaxy they repulsed a raid on New Kent by Clan Ice Hellion's Zeta Galaxy shortly after arriving from the Inner Sphere. The Cluster was still on New Kent in 3067.
War of Reaving
In December 3074 the Vipers launched a massive assault on against Clan Coyote on Tamaron with six Galaxies and a large naval force. The Viper warships opened up holes in the Coyote SDS allowing the DropShips a path through. Alpha Galaxy led the way but it wasn't long until all six Galaxies had made planetfall despite the fierce aerospace attacks. A swift assault by Delta helped to secure the landing zone. After a week fighting the Vipers finally forced the remnant of the Coyote navy to flee. The ground forces made for their objectives, several major factory complexes in the Apache Mountains. Securing these cost the Coyotes both Epsilon and Lambda Galaxies. The Viper assault then turned toward the planetary capital of San Mateo By 16 December the city was surrounded. Four Coyote Galaxies had been destroyed, but at the cost of three of the Viper's own including Delta and the 104th Assault Cluster.
During the mid to late 3050s the combat style of the Cluster was based on offence, because all warriors wanted show their worth to be part of the Inner Sphere occupation force no matter what it took.
104th Assault Cluster - Veteran/Questionable 
104th Assault Cluster - Elite/Questionable 
- 100% full strength and equipped with 100% OmniMechs.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 151, "Delta - Galaxy 104th Assault Cluster"
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), p. 89, "Orkney"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 142-143