10th Fleet (SLDF)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
Despite the peaceful nature of the Outworlds Alliance's population, the Tenth Fleet was kept very busy by the prominence of bandits, raiders, and pirates from around the state. These issues were made worse by the fact that the SLDF only had three corps inside the Alliance's borders, leaving the Tenth to pick up the slack. The Tenth Fleet's headquarters was on Quatre Belle, and in 2730 the Tenth fleet began conducting more frequent patrols of the Alliance's borders with the Federated Suns and Draconis Combine.
As the Periphery Uprising began, Admiral Isla Firova's position as commanding officer of the Tenth Fleet attracted criticism once combat actions began, due to Firova being a native of the Magistracy of Canopus. In defiance of intimations that Firova's loyalties were conflicted, General Aleksandr Kerensky chose to keep Firova in place, and his decision was subsequently vindicated by the combat record earned by the Tenth during both the Periphery Uprising and the subsequent Amaris Civil War.
The Tenth Fleet was comprised of four active squadrons immediately prior to the Amaris Civil War:
- 101st Reconnaissance Squadron (Puddle Jumpers)
- CO: Vice Admiral Oskar Petrovich
- 102nd Escort Squadron (Wings Over Georgia)
- CO: Vice Admiral Petra Levanon
- 103rd Pursuit Squadron (Vapor Trails)
- Lead Ship: SLS Jean Paul Jones - CO: Vice Admiral Corinne Loepp
- 104th Interdiction Squadron
- CO: Vice Admiral Jubal Ehrle
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 47, "Tenth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 134