11th Lyran Guards
|Eleventh Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||St. George's Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
- 1 Unit Description
- 2 History
- 3 Officers
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 Reference
- 7 Bibliography
The 11th Lyran Guards is a Combat formation original centered around a BattleMech Regiment. The unit expand with it becoming part of the Federated Commonwealth into Multi-Regimental Combat formation known as a RCT.
Succession Wars Era
Early Succession Wars
In 2932 the Eleventh were involved in the bitter fighting over the world of Kimball II, which had already changed hands repeatedly between the Lyran Commonwealth and the Draconis Combine. In one notable engagement Hauptmann Lisa Morgan, a Wolverine pilot from the Eleventh commanding a recon company, downed a much heavier BattleMaster 'Mech belonging to the 10th Rasalhague Regulars during a hazardous night mission. A battalion of the 10th Rasalhague Regulars had managed to ambush the Eleventh's recon forces and looked set to encircle the lighter Lyran forces in a tightening cordon, but when Morgan's crippled Wolverine killed the enemy pilot the sudden loss of the assault 'Mech threw the Regulars into disarray, allowing the Eleventh's recon elements to escape - taking the fallen BattleMaster as salvage. Hauptmann Morgan was later awarded the BattleMaster as a replacement for her Wolverine.
At the end of the 3rd Succession War, the unit was stationed on Wyatt on the Free Worlds League border. The 11th Lyran Guards and the 17th Arcturan Guards successfully defended the planet against Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Delta regiments in 3016, which were employed by the Free Worlds League at that time. During the battle the Lyran Guards shot down the Overlord-class DropShip Sendalor along with an entire battalion of Beta regiment when the Dragoons tried to evacuate the planet. 
Fourth Succession War
Stationed on the Free Worlds League border during the 4th Succession War, the Eleventh saw action against the 5th Regulan Hussars and 25th Marik Militia during Operation Dagger. The Guards inflicted heavy losses on the Marik Militia in an ambush at the Wyatt Zenith jump point. The Eleventh then withdrew to Alioth.
The Clan Invasion to the FedCom Civil War
The Eleventh was moved to garrison Callison at the end of the War of 3039. and remained posted there until September 3057 when they withdrew in the face of a FWLM force composed of the 4th Free Worlds Legionnaires, 1st Free Worlds Guards and the Silver Hawk Irregulars' Falcons unit during the first wave of Operation Guerrero.
The 11th Lyran Guards participated in the defense of Coventry, forming the Lyran contribution of the multi-national Coventry Relief Force. In 3059 they would be chosen to participate as task force of Inner Sphere combat units fighting under the banner of the 2nd Star League. They later contributed to the destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar as part of Task Force Serpent. They took heavy casualties (at least 50% or more) on the Smoke Jaguar homeworld Huntress in the Kerensky Cluster in 3060. Survivors of the 11th Lyran Guards would later join the 1st Royal BattleMech Regiment in 3061.
The Dark Age Era
Operation Hammerfall and Clan Wolf invasion of the Commonwealth
The Guards were part of the chosen military forces selected to invasion of the former Free Worlds League in the 3137 code named Operation Hammerfall. They would be key holding Tamarind, until in 3142 the Eleventh Guard fought in the Fourth Battle of Tamarind. Where they faced the 1st Tamarind Regulars and ultimately loose control of of the planet to Duchy's forces. The Guards would try redeem their lost of holding Duchy's capital world in undertaking mission of aiding Lyran forces caught behind Clan Wolf's growing occupation of both League and Lyran Commonwealth worlds. While undertaking this mission, they would conduct search and destroy missions, destroying any Wolf units they may find. In the process give themselves the nickname "Wolf Hammers". The unit would by 3145 be stationed on Lancaster, where they would be waiting opportunity to claim isolated worlds in the now contested space between the Commonwealth and Wolf Empire.
In 3140 they faced elements of Delta Galaxy and allowed other Lyran units to fall back to friendly lines. They fared less well in 3145 in a raid against the Wolf Empire on Smolnik. Elements of the Eleventh were destroyed by a Binary from the 88th Wolf Battle Cluster.
As of 3025 the commanding officer was Leutnant-Colonel Sharon Byres. In 3050 she would get promoted to the command of Marshal. Serving during transitional periods between the FedCom to Lyran Alliance she would be come a pro-Katrina officer who commanded the RCT during the Coventry campaign and as part of Task Force Serpent.
Eleventh Lyran Guards (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-Colonel Sharon Byres
Eleventh Lyran Guards (Elite/Reliable)
Eleventh Lyran Guards RCT (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Sharon Bryan
Eleventh Lyran Guards RCT (Elite/Reliable) 
- CO: Marshal Sharon Bryan 
Eleventh Lyran Guards (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Lt. Colonel Justin Verona
Seventeenth Lancaster Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Paula Clark
Second Home Guard Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Howard Parker.
- Their homeworld during the 31st Century was Wyatt. The 11th Lyran Guards were posted to Callison in the Skye March in 3050 and were presumably among the units dispatched to Sudeten during the Clan Invasion. By 3145, the unit would be stationed on Lancaster.
- After Operation Serpent on Huntress, the 11th Lyran Guards were not mentioned in canon again. It was unclear the unit was destroyed, only information which was noted from Twilight of the Clans sourcebook and the Novels from series about their exploits from 3058-3060. The unit would not be listed in further sourcebooks from FedCom Civil War (sourcebook) and Field Manual: Updates. The unit's resurrection in the Dark Age has not been detailed as of this writing.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 53 (pdf version)
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 290, "WVR-6R Wolverine"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 21
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 62-63, "Operation Dagger"
- Historical: War of 3039, p 137, "Deployment Table (LCAF)"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 74, "Operation Guerrero, First Wave"
- The Battle of Coventry (scenario pack), p. 12
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 8, "Task Force Serpent composition"
- The Hunters, pp. 112-113
- Era Report: 3062, p. 33 - 11th Lyran Guards are mentioned as part of the task force serpent.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 101 1st Royal BattleMech Regiment (Morgan's Lions) - 11th Lyran Guard members help form the new SLDF Regiment.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 4, 40
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 119-120 & 126 Lyran Commonwealth/Andrew & Melissa/Lyran Guards - Unit background in Combat during Hammerfall and update to 3145.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 26
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 117
- Field Manual: 3145, p.126 - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces deployment shows unit's new commander being Lt.Colonel Verona.
- Field Manual: 3145, p.126 - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces deployment shows unit's new commander being Lt.Colonel Verona and various attached combat formation to the Guards.
- Field Report: 3145, p. 126 - Deployment Listing for the 11th Lyran Guards lists main formation and various attached units to the Guards.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 26, 35
- 20 Year Update
- The Battle of Coventry (scenario pack)
- Field Manual: 3145
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- The Hunters
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Shattered Sphere
- Twilight of the Clans
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth