11th Lyran Guards
|11th Lyran Guards BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Nickname||St. George's Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
In 2932 the Eleventh were involved in the bitter fighting over the world of Kimball II, which had already changed hands repeatedly between the Lyran Commonwealth and the Draconis Combine. In one notable engagement Hauptmann Lisa Morgan, a Wolverine pilot from the Eleventh commanding a recon company, downed a much heavier BattleMaster 'Mech belonging to the 10th Rasalhague Regulars during a hazardous night mission. A battalion of the 10th Rasalhague Regulars had managed to ambush the Eleventh's recon forces and looked set to encircle the lighter Lyran forces in a tightening cordon, but when Morgan's crippled Wolverine killed the enemy pilot the sudden loss of the assault 'Mech threw the Regulars into disarray, allowing the Eleventh's recon elements to escape - taking the fallen BattleMaster as salvage. Hauptmann Morgan was later awarded the BattleMaster as a replacement for her Wolverine.
At the end of the 3rd Succession War, the unit was stationed on Wyatt on the Free Worlds League border. The 11th Lyran Guards and the 17th Arcturan Guards successfully defended the planet against Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Delta regiments in 3016, which were employed by the Free Worlds League at that time. During the battle the Lyran Guards shot down the Overlord-class DropShip Sendalor along with an entire battalion of Beta regiment when the Dragoons tried to evacuate the planet. 
Stationed on the Free Worlds League border during the 4th Succession War, the Eleventh saw action against the 5th Regulan Hussars and 25th Marik Militia during Operation Dagger. The Guards inflicted heavy losses on the Marik Militia in an ambush at the Wyatt Zenith jump point. The Eleventh then withdrew to Alioth.
The Eleventh was moved to garrison Callison at the end of the War of 3039. and remained posted there until September 3057 when they withdrew in the face of a FWLM force composed of the 4th Free Worlds Legionnaires, 1st Free Worlds Guards and the Silver Hawk Irregulars' Falcons unit during the first wave of Operation Guerrero.
The 11th Lyran Guards participated in the defense of Coventry, forming the Lyran contribution of the multi-national Coventry Relief Force. They later contributed to the destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar as part of Task Force Serpent. They took heavy casualties (at least 50% or more) on the Smoke Jaguar homeworld Huntress. The RCT played no known role in the Federated Commonwealth Civil War.
As of 3025 the Commanding Officer was Leutnant-Colonel Sharon Byres. In 3050 they were under the command of Marshal Sharon Byran, a pro-Katrina officer who commanded the RCT during the Coventry campaign and as part of Task Force Serpent.
11th Lyran Guards (Elite/Reliable)
- CO.: Leutnant-Colonel Sharon Byres
11th Lyran Guards (Elite/Reliable)
11th Lyran Guards RCT (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Sharon Byran
11th Lyran Guards RCT (Elite/Reliable) 
- CO: Marshal Sharon Bryan 
- Their homeworld is Wyatt. The 11th Lyran Guards were posted to Callison in the Skye March in 3050 and were presumably among the units dispatched to Sudeten during the Clan Invasion.
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 53 (pdf version)
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 290, "WVR-6R Wolverine"
- ↑ Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 21
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 62-63, "Operation Dagger"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: War of 3039, p 137, "Deployment Table (LCAF)"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 20 Year Update, p. 27, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 74, "Operation Guerrero, First Wave"
- ↑ The Battle of Coventry (scenario pack), p. 12
- ↑ Twilight of the Clans, p. 8, "Task Force Serpent composition"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 117
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 26, 35