3rd Night Stalkers
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
- BattleTech: Urban Warfare Confirmed For June 4th Release
- Let’s Talk About MechWarrior: Dark Age
- The ‘Mechs That Time Forgot: Quad ‘Mechs
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Read more →
|3rd Night Stalkers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Night Stalkers|
Formation during Clan Invasion
The Third Night Stalkers regiment was raised after Theodore Kurita's Phoenix Programs fell short of the need for new units. Retired warriors were offered one more chance to fight, and officers were transferred in from the Second. As of 3059, the unit was stationed on Xinyang.
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War, the Third was deployed to the Lyons Thumb as part of the peacekeeping force. A battalion of the Third was stationed on Yorii when mercenaries disguised as Lyran troops hit the world. The Stalkers drove them off-world.
Federated Suns Incursion
On Yorii, several bomb blasts (determined to be large "dirty bombs") were detected in the heart of Neo-Tokyo, devastating hundreds of city blocks, destroying several power nodes, and severing two major highway arterials over the Shokaku Ocean. As emergency crews responded to the massive disaster, waves of unidentified aerofighters dropped several bombs on the 60-million acre fisheries belonging to Kishi Amalgemated, releasing a chemical agent that begun to systematically destroy the fertile gorii-tuna awaiting harvesting there. As the Night Stalkers began to muster, the incoming DropShips unleashed a devastating missile attack on the island base, destroying it with multiple nuclear blasts and sending a tsunami across the Minamoto Sea that devastated the coastal croplands near Neo-Tokyo. It is unknown at this time if any Night Stalker units survived the bombardment. The death toll is estimated to be in the tens of thousands, though the greater damage is to the massive fisheries that cover almost seventy percent of the planet's oceans.
Its surviving members were held in Blakist re-education camps. Few survived.  The Third was officially listed as destroyed in 3085. The three survivors of the unit were transferred into the Otomo to honor their years of resistance against the Blakists, even while in prison.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Nightstalkers|
The Third fields mainly lightweight 'Mechs, but has developed no signature tactics with them.
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Clifford Mattila
- XO/2nd Battalion: Tai-sa Amanda Ishikawa
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Mori Kido
- The unit uses their light machines for mobile engagements.
- Wing Commander: Chu-i Kimmochi Okinora
Dark Moon (2 Battalions/Veteran/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Charles Brinkerhoff
- The unit contains two former commands which are the groundwork for this command.
5th Espakeh Motorized Infantry (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Chu-sa Shih Kai-shek
- As a motorized unit, it is staffed with 36 conventional aircraft and a few attack crafts.
The unit no longer exists as of this date.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 106, "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 113
- The Dragon Roars, p. 10
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 113
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [05/07/3068]: "Blakist Forces Employ WMDs on Altair, Yorii"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 18
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 36
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 43
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "Kessel Prefecture"