11th Tancredi Loyalists
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Eleventh Tancredi Loyalists|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Nickname||Spirits of Naishan|
|Parent Formation||Tancredi Loyalists|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
Age of War
The Eleventh Tancredi Loyalists originally served in the Tancredi Warriors Brigade and could trace their roots back to the planetary defense force of Tancredi IV, raised in the late twenty-fourth or early twenty-fifth century. The Eleventh was one of four Tancredi Warrior Brigade regiments to survive the Davion Civil War of 2525 - 2540. The vast majority of the personnel within the Tancredi Warriors Brigade who hailed from Tancredi IV had declared their support for First Prince Alexander Davion when he moved against Prince Laura Davion, one of his two aunts who were attempting to usurp his throne at the time, and the support of those Tancredi loyalists had been a significant factor in the ultimate success of Alexander's campaign.
After the Davion Civil War Alexander restructured the military of the Federated Suns completely, disbanding the former Federated Peacekeeping Forces and replacing them with the new Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. In recognition of their loyalty the Eleventh and her surviving sister regiments, the Seventh, Tenth and Thirteenth were formed into a new brigade named the Tancredi Loyalists. The Eleventh and her sister regiments enjoyed a high status within the AFFS in recognition of their loyalty and skill, a status they would continue to enjoy throughout the Star League era even after the capital of the Draconis March was moved from Tancredi IV to the former capital world of the Terran March, Robinson.
Star League Era
During the late Star League era the Eleventh and a sister regiment, the Tenth, were both assigned to garrison important industrial worlds within the Crucis March. For the Eleventh, that world was New Valencia, and both the Tenth and Eleventh regiments took great pride in being trusted with the defense of such significant worlds, a reflection of the loyalty of the Tancredi Loyalist brigade to the Federated Suns as a whole, rather than just the Draconis March.
The vast majority of the personnel within the Eleventh were either natives or Tancredi IV or graduates of the Tancredi War College, and in common with the other regiments of the Tancredi Loyalists the Eleventh embraced a strong warriors' culture based on that of Tancredi IV; that culture focused on individual prowess and lack of weakness, and any individual or unit considered to be pulling the regiment down was dealt with swiftly and often harshly as an internal matter. Notably, the warriors of the Loyalists considered poor morale to be a form of weakness, but the AFFS turned a blind eye to the sometimes extreme measures taken as a part of the regiment's self-policing policy because of the high levels of skill and loyalty demonstrated by the four regiments.
First Succession War
In common with the other regiments of the Tancredi Loyalists the Eleventh specialized on small unit actions involving rapid movement and lightning attacks. While the Eleventh was officially a lightweight regiment, with no unit within the Eleventh weighing more than fifty-five tons, when the Eleventh operated at less than battalion strength it could generally be counted on to fight effectively against twice its weight. Unfortunately, the reverse was true when elements of the Eleventh were required to deploy at battalion-strength or greater.
Eleventh Tancredi Loyalists (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Eleventh was based on New Valencia. The Eleventh was composed entirely of units weighing fifty-five tons or less and capable of moving at a cruising speed of fifty kilometers per hour or more.
Eleventh Tancredi Loyalists (Regular/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Eleventh was a medium-weight unit operating at full regimental strength, and was based on New Valencia.
- Eleventh Succession War, p. 135, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 20, "Tancredi Loyalists"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 20, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 20, "Morale"