121st Hellion Lancers (Clan Ice Hellion)
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|121st Hellion Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
In 3070 the Cluster moved to Nouveaux Paris with the rest of Beta Galaxy, arriving in September. Mid 3071 saw Beta together with Zeta Galaxy form the secondary attack force under saKhan Connor Rood. This force moved against Clan Jade Falcon border worlds of the Falcon Occupation Zone, fighting in multiple systems.
SaKhan Connor Rood ordered the remains of the unit on Toland, a Nova, to withdraw to Bensinger. Arriving the Lancers discovered the world had already fallen to the Hell's Horses and chose to depart for the Dark Nebula. On route the Lancer’s JumpShip was attacked by the mysterious Green Ghosts unit. The last transmission from the Lancers stated the Nova was about to be overrun by a Ghost marine assault and they had been assumed to be destroyed. In 3076, several ‘Mechs and Elementals bearing markings from the 121st hit a number of Hell’s Horse and Ghost Bear worlds on the Periphery border. These attackers were assumed by both Clans to be a pirate force using the former Hellion’s equipment. However, when the Green Ghosts hit Nyserta in 3079 the Ghost company and destroyed along with their DropShip. One pilot was taken alive; his genetic coding matched that of Star Colonel Irt Bragg, though his facial features had been altered. Ghost equipment was of Clan origin and at least two of the 'Mechs had Ice Hellion manufacturing marks.
The Lancers are experts at chasing down fleeing enemy units, but rarely engage in stand-up fights.
- CO: Star Colonel Madga Moore
- Equipped with light 'Mechs
121st Hellion Lancers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Irt Bragg
The Cluster gains +1 to initiative. Light and Medium Stars may swarm a single target 'Mech with a -1 to-hit modifier, but when the target is destroyed the entire Star must flee the battle as punishment.
The Cluster's insignia was a group of Hellion's chasing down a Wolf.
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 152, "Clan Ice Hellion Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 72, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 55-6
- Wars of Reaving, p. 69
- Wars of Reaving, p. 76
- Wars of Reaving, p. 159
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 85, "Beta Galaxy - 121st Hellion Lancers"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 177