12th Galedon Regulars
|12th Galedon Regulars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||"The Avengers of Crimes"|
|Parent Formation||Galedon Regulars|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 Rules
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
In early 2930, both the Twelfth Galedon Regulars and the Seventeenth Galedon Regulars bore the brunt of a major Davion offensive against Xhosa VII. Under the command of Brigadier General Samson Sakamoto, both regiments fought with valor but were severely mauled by the attacking forces. The Twelfth has always preferred speed to firepower, even as the DCMS moved away from lightweight regiments. During the Succession Wars, the Twelfth was often divided up into its component battalions and companies and attached to other units as a scout force.
Fourth Succession War
On September 17 3028 the Twelfth landed on Wapakoneta alongside the 3rd Proserpina Hussars Regiment. They faced the 3rd Provisional Company of Wolf's Dragoon's Beta Regiment. The Third Provisional company was able to destroy the AeroSpace base established by the Combine units, but was destroyed in the process. Later the Twelfth fought the 2nd Provisional Company of Delta Regiment, but the Dragoon unit withdrew to Crossing after inflicting heavy losses on the Combine unit. This left control of the planet to the Combine after nine months of fighting.
The Twelfth was rebuilt with new recruits and joined the 8th Galedon Regulars, 5th Galedon Regulars, and 16th Galedon Regulars to assault Crossing. The Twelfth attacked the east face of a caldera where the Dragoons had set up their base, but were repelled. After fighting for several days, the Regulars were repelled when the assault units of Zeta Battalion arrived.
War of 3039
Federated Suns Incursion
The Twelfth Galedon Regulars, along with Ryuken-go, forced the 17th Avalon Hussars off of Matsuida. They then pursued the Hussars to An Ting, where they avenged the Hussars' destruction of the 2nd Galedon Regulars by inflicting heavy losses on the Hussars. The Twelfth then served as part of the assault force that took Kesai IV. They formed the Kesai IV garrison in 3067.
The Twelfth makes efficient use of intelligence gathered by its scout units. The regiment has become adept at attacking from unexpected directions and in ambush tactics.
- CO: General Tarsus Bodoli
- CO: Tai-sa Oscar Bassman
12th Galedon Regulars (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Oscar Bassman
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Jerome Wolf-Hunter
- XO: Chu-sa Lynnette Cole
- 2nd Battalion: Sho-sa Morgan Yokahana
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Akeem Raspell
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Yin Mohatsu
12th Galedon Regulars Armor (2 Battalions/Veteran/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Jason Jamison
12th Galedon Regulars Infantry (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Chu-sa Benito Alliandre
12th Galedon Regulars (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jerome Wolf-Hunter
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Kathleen Hawkins
12th Galedon Regulars Armor (Battalions/Veteran/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Michael Mendoza
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, pp. 32-33
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 41
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 42
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 72
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 43
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 108
- Field Manual: Updates p. 118, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 135, "Deployment Table - 3025"
- 20 Year Update, p. 41, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 27, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 62, "12th Galedon Regulars Unit Profile"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Updates
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita Sourcebook
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)