Formerly known as Ishara's Grenadiers.
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Liao Cháng-Chéng|
In it Third Succession War, the Grenadier's suffered from bad discipline and heavy equipment losses.
-2925 - The Grenadiers and Kamakura's Hussars were attacked on Hassad, by House Marik forces utilizing large force of Scorpion BattleMechs. The Grenadiers and its allied unit used their more maneuverable Hornet light 'Mechs out flanked the cumbersome quad-legged Marik Mechs in some parts of the planet. However, heavy losses force them to withdraw. (This marks the beginning of the Capellans' trademark doctrine of conserving equipment.
-2950 - The Grenadiers fought in defense of Daniels, fighting of elements of Davion Syrtis Fusiliers. The hard fought defense of the world cost the unit half its numbers. In following year, the officer corp of the unit was re-organized.
-2991 - Marik forces raid the world of Conquista, where the unit had recently been assigned to garrison. The unit did fairly against the incursion and forced the raiders off. However, since this time, the CCAF continued to re-structure unit with new officers, leaving the warriors of the unit unspired leadership.
Fourth Succession War
The unit didn't see any action in the Fourth Succession War.
Ishara's Grenadiers attacked Arboris in 3057, where their first battalion was defeated by the combined forces of the remnants of the Arboris SMM (a mixed regiment of BattleMechs, armor, and infantry loyal to the FedCom) and the Farmers' Freedom Army (9+ infantry regiments). The FFA then turned on the Arboris SMM, forcing them to withdraw. Meanwhile, Ishara's Grenadiers withdrew to the capital city of Kansas Plain where they waited in vain for supplies from the CapCon. By the end of 3057, there was a three-way stalemate on Arboris, with the FFA and Arboris SMM suffering raids by the Grenadiers, while the SMM's commander kept failing in his efforts to enact a truce with the FFA.
Xin Sheng Campaign
The Grenadiers have suffered times, being under strength and consistly sabotaging its own efforts to rebuild its strength. The unit during this time period problems handling civilian authorities with heavy hand, taking the law in their own hands regardless of Maskirovka agents placed among their numbers. The unit has had clashes with Word of Blake security forces and Vong's Special Teams infantry. The unit was stationed on the Liao Commonality world of Kaifeng as of 3067.
Vong's Grenadiers were transferred to Tsingtao in early 3068 to repel the Illician Lancers, who were attacking as part of Operation Sovereign Justice. The Lancers' 59th Strike Regiment were forced to retreat as a result of attrition and lack of resupply, but this encounter nearly destroyed the Grenadiers although they did keep the world in the Confederation. Before being reassigned to Palladaine to rebuild, they repelled several other raids.
Vong's Grenadiers took serious losses in the fighting against the Illician Lancers, and by the time the mercenary unit withdrew most of the command cohesion was totally gone. When Sang-shao Vong led an understrength battalion against Word of Blake forces, the unit's final command integrity shattered. In 3077 a company of MechWarriors deserted from the unit and eventually joined the Republic Armed Forces. In light of the problems facing the unit, the command staff was cashiered by the Strategios in 3080. Sang-shao Luo Chao was assigned to the unit, which was renamed Chao's Grenadiers.
- 3025, the commanding officer was Colonel Maxwell Keng.
- 3063, the commanding officer was Sang-shao Choung Vong.
- 3080 to 3085, the commanding officer was Sang-shao Luo Chao
The Grenadiers are infamous for using vicious tactics, tending toward the use of overwhelming force.
Ishara's Grenadiers (2 Battalions) 
- CO: Colonel Maxwell Keng
- 1st Battalion - CO: Major Harrison Lear
- 2nd Battalion - CO: Major Trudy Teng
Vong's Grenadiers (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Sang-shao Choung Vong
- XO/2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Aimee Yung-Tsi
Vong's Air Squadron (2 Squadrons/Green/Questionable)
- Wing Commander: Kong-sao-shao Andrew Wiggen
Aldebaran 12th Home Guard (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Paul Richards
Vong's Special Teams (4 Companies/Regular/Questionable)
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Rue Mank Oaks
Chao's Grenadiers (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Sang-shao Luo Chao
Chao's Air Squadron (2 Squadrons/Green/Reliable)
- Wing Commander: Kong-sao-shao Lita Harris
12th Aldebaran Home Guard (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Branislav Pliskin
Chao's Special Teams (Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Gabriella Romano
- Original unit name was Ishara's Grenadiers.
- Sang-shao Choung Vong would later be featured in the MechCommander 2 computer game piloting a custom Lao Hu BattleMech.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 49 - "Limits of Success" - Ishtar's Grenadiers pull out after being hammered by Marik Scorpions.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 93 - "Ishtar's Grenadiers unit profile".
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 88
- Chaos March, p. 27
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 25 - "Vong Grenadiers unit profile" - Vong's Grenadier taking law in hands get in trouble and causing it not able properly rebuild.
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 13
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 73, "Illician Lancers"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 30 - "Unit Profile"
- House Liao (Capellan Confederation) p. 106
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 81; "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 93 - "Ishtar's Grenadiers" - Vong's original name