12th Arcturan Guards
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Twelfth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Nickname||The Aoide Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Twelfth Arcturan Guards was a part of the first expansion of the Arcturan Guards brigade following the founding of the original nine regiments. The expansion consisted of three regiments – the Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth Arcturan Guards; having named each of the original nine regiments of the Guards for the Muses of Greek mythology, the Lyran Commonwealth attempted to continue the trend by naming the new regiments after the three Muses of Plutarch. In the case of the Twelfth, that Muse was Aoide. The Twelfth was evidently destroyed or disbanded prior to 2765, possibly during the Age of War or as a result of the Star League Council Edict of 2650.
- According to Greek mythology the Muse Aoide was the Muse of song.
- Based upon the detail available on the "second wave" of Arcturan Guards units being named for the Muses of Plutarch, the destroyed or disbanded Twelfth Arcturan Guard would have been named for the Muse Aoide, the Muse of song.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"