12th Deneb Light Cavalry
|12th Deneb Light Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Deneb Light Cavalry|
The homeworld of the 12th Deneb Light Cavalry was Tybalt.
In 3053 a group of AFFS units attacked the Draconis Combine without orders. The DCMS response sent several units to Addicks. The Twelfth Deneb Light Cavalry and 12th Vegan Rangers arrived on the world and forced the DCMS units to return to the Combine.
During a raid by the Red Corsair in 3055, the Twelfth DLC was assigned to garrison an industrial complex. The Corsairs were able to scatter the battalion of DLC troops present and make off with a considerable amount of equipment.
During the FedCom Civil War, the 12th DLC focused on attacking the Draconis Combine. They took the world of Al Na'ir, using only their 'Mech unit because Al Na'ir was an airless rock of a world. To compensate for the loss of their conventional units, they received an additional AeroSpace Fighter wing, several MI-6 teams, and three battalions of Battle Armor, as well as a regiment of marines. Arriving at several pirate jump points the 12th quickly took control of Al Na'ir's surface, and eventually found a way into the interior of the world. The 12th faced the 24th Dieron Regulars, and the 12th quickly learned to deal with the kamikaze charges of the DCMS regulars. These ongoing human wave attacks destroyed the 24th Regulars and inflicted little to no damage on the 12th DLC. After destroying the 24th Dieron Regulars the 12th rebuilt themselves with Combine equipment produced by Scarborough Manufacturers and Yori 'Mech Works. They also provided cover for DMI officers who sorted through the large amounts of information left behind on the capital world of the Al Na'ir Prefecture.
It would be a year before the Dragon could send forces to face the 12th. The 15th Dieron Regulars and 10th Ghost regiment both arrived at Al Na'ir. The 12th DLC's AeroSpace Fighter wings were able to repel three separate landing attempts. The DCMS forces couldn't land on the world until they received reinforcements in the form of the 12th Ghost regiment and an additional wing of AeroSpace Fighters. Once these reinforcements arrived, the 12th Deneb rapidly lost control of the system, and General Zibler gave the order to withdraw. Though she and several other command officers were killed by a DEST trooper the 12th was able to withdraw in good order.
Shortly after this they relocated to Addicks, where they and the Davion Assault Guards drove off raids by the 15th Dieron Regulars, 10th Ghost regiment, and Ryuken-ni. After the Civil War, the 12th DLC was upgraded to a full RCT by adding several free infantry and armor regiments. As of 3067 the 12th Deneb Light Cavalry was acting as the OpFor for the Robinson Combat Training Center.
The 12th DLC preferred to drop directly on enemy positions to get into the fight faster.
12th Deneb Light Cavalry RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Petroff Haveson
12th DLC RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Jeffrey Neece
- CO: Leftenant General Ariel Zibler
- CO: Kommandant Lex Cartegena
- Two Armored Companies, 3 Infantry Companies)
- CO: Kommandant Stanislov Mintaka
12th Deneb Light Cavalry RCT (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: General Ariel Zibler
- CO: Leftenant General Carl Ukanov
12th Deneb Light Cavalry Armor Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Major General Lex Cartegena
12th Deneb Light Cavalry Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Crane Hogan
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 28
- Natural Selection, p. 30
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 44
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 70
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 70
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 105-106
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 132
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 150
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 130
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 141, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3050"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 136 (pdf version), "Clovis PDZ"
- 20 Year Update, p. 19, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 22, "AFFC Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 88, "12th Deneb Light CavalryUnit Profile"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 136