12th Sian Dragoons
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "The Crescent Hawks' Inception"
- What's up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2018
- Read more →
|Twelfth Sian Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Parent Formation||Sian Dragoons|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
As part of the Sian Dragoons, the Twelfth Sian Dragoons were a part of the largest BattleMech brigade in the history of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces - both during the Age of War, and then again in the closing decades of the Star League era as the CCAF began rapidly expanding and reactivating regiments - and a regiment that could trace its origins back to when the first WAM-B BattleMechs were issued to support the tanks of the Sian Lancers.
The Twelfth Sian Dragoons were used in the early 26th century to destroy strategic military targets. These assaults by the Twelfth and several other units, stalled the offensives of the Confederation's enemies, but also inflicted serious damage on local populations. The unit had a reputation for brutality, but how much of that reputation was deserved and how much was a smokescreen used by the unit as a propaganda tool is unknown. In 2765 the unit was based on Zanzibar.
Twelfth Sian Dragoons (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
Twelfth Sian Dragoons (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Dragoons were an assault-weight regiment operating at full strength and were stationed on Zanzibar.
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation p. 13
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"