138th Division (ComStar)
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|138th Division Level IV-xi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Bandit's Bane (3050)|
|Parent Formation||10th Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
Prior to the Clan Invasion, the green ranked 138th Division was posted to the Tenth Army. Known by the nickname of Bandit's Bane, the IV-Xi based formation made its headquarters on the Lyran Commonwealth world of Saravan.
Along with the rest of the Tenth Army, the 138th was assigned to assist the Ninth Army combat the fearsome threat of Clan Wolf during the Battle of Tukayyid. The green division was hidden on the western approach to the primary target city of Skupo in a series of zigzag trenches overlaid with a sensor canopy. As Khan Natasha Kerensky's elite 13th Wolf Guards advanced toward the green 138th's hidden positions, despite Precentor Jernberg's fanatical insistence that Bandit's Bane would hold, Precentor Martial Focht held few illusions to the division's fate. Ignoring his personal friendship with the young Phelan Kell, in response to Jernberg's refusal to consider retreat the pragmatic Focht designated Phelan's Wolfhound and the Black Widow's Daishi as priority targets, a job well suited to the infamous Exterminator Jernberg piloted.
Viewing the relatively empty approach as too good to be true, the Wolves sent an AeroSpace Fighter Star to recon the area which discovered discrepancies between the area below and the Royal Rasalhague Geographical Society topographical data for Tukayyid which allowed them to locate the division's position. With a perfectly timed strike, the Star of Visigoths strafed the trenches where the 138th lay hidden just as Phelan's Ax Star reached them. Stunned by the assault, Jernberg ordered the 138th from hiding. While any other unit would have broken in the face of such a point-blank ambush, the Wolf Spider's sheer stubbornness allowed them to hold their ground as both units slugged it out.
The turning point of the skirmish occurred when Jernberg's damaged 'Mech located and focused on eliminating Phelan's Wolfhound, when SRM fire from the Wolf Spider's supporting Elemental units punched through the openings in the Exterminator's battered armor, striking its Anti-Missile System ammo and gutting the 'Mech. With the loss of its commander, the 138th began to fold in the face of the Wolf Spiders' ceaseless attack, leading the Precentor Martial to order the troops left to withdraw.    
Suffering horrendous losses against the Wolf Spiders including its CO, the Precentor Martial elected to disband rather than rebuild the heavily damaged 138th Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
- As of 3049, the 138th was under the command of Precentor IV Krag Jernberg. Showing the fanaticism of the Blessed Order, Jernberg died at the controls of his Exterminator during the height of the Wolf Spiders' assault against his division.
- The 138th is not included in the post-Tukayyid roster in ComStar; its fate based on conjecture and the hideous level of losses mentioned in Lost Destiny.
- 20-Year Update, p. 71 "10th V-nu"
- Blood of Kerensky Omnibus Epub, p. 942 "Lost Destiny - Chapter Thirty-Four"
- Blood of Kerensky Omnibus Epub, p. 943 "Lost Destiny - Chapter Thirty-Four"
- Blood of Kerensky Omnibus Epub, p. 945 "Lost Destiny - Chapter Thirty-Four"
- Blood of Kerensky Omnibus Epub, p. 947 "Lost Destiny - Chapter Thirty-Four"
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- Tukayyid, pp. 91-92, "Battle in the Trenches (21)"
- ComStar, pp. 71-72 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 50-51 "Days of Armageddon - Wolf"