138th Dragoon Regiment
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|138th Dragoon Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||1st Regimental Combat Team|
The 138th Dragoon Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXVI Corps, Tenth Army, to District 3 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. The 138th formed part of the First Regimental Combat Team, along with the 75th Light Horse Regiment, 42nd Hussar Regiment, and 195th Royal Light Horse Regiment.
In 2771 as part of Operation Intruder the 138th Dragoons dropped on to Chisholm destroying one garrison unit and linked up with former SLDF troops that had formed a resistance group. These they armed with captured weapons from the garrison unit they had defeated. A year later in 2772 as part of Operation Chieftain the Second Battalion of the 138th spearheaded the assault by a Star League Division to take the world. 
New Home was assaulted in March 2775 the 138th Dragoon Regiment was part of the advance force. They arrived via a pirate point after the initial naval engagement and secured the landing zones of the Twenty-fourth Army Group. 
For the attack on Caph in 2776 the 138th Dragoon Regiment were once again in the vanguard of the attack. They dropped on to the planet of the Stra League Fleet had bombarded the SDS batteries and AEAF bases. Their first task was to immediately engage Republican forces that had been positioned outside the largest and most strategic fortifications, allowing them to be targeted from orbit or by the two supporting air groups. The defenders countered with nuclear strikes destroying the Tenth Volunteer Brigade that also made up part of the spearhead. The remaining troops hung on long enough for the reinforcements of the Third Army to land. The 138th Dragoon Regiment faired better than many of the other regiments deployed to Caph.
|Commanding Officers of the 138th Dragoon Regiment|
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 126
- The Star League, p. 143, "Tenth"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 115-118
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 49-50
- The Star League, p. 133