14th Alliance Special Combat Battalion
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Fourteenth Alliance Special Combat Battalion|
|Unit Profile (as of 2238)|
|Parent Formation||Terran Alliance|
The Fourteenth Alliance Special Combat Battalion was a Terran Alliance regular military unit active during the Outer Reaches Rebellion and one of a number of units that fought in the Alliance campaign to recapture the world of Alexandria.
Assigned to recapture Alexandra during the Outer Reaches Rebellion as the Terran Alliance attempted to regain control of it's wayward colonies, the Fourteenth and a sister battalion, the Twenty-ninth Alliance Special Combat Battalion, were engaged in combat operations on Alexandria in 2237.
The battle for Alexandria lasted for four months, and during the campaign the Fourteenth and the Twenty-ninth were involved in the battle to capture the University of Thebes, which was defended by forces from the Third Alexandrian Militia. The battle for Alexandria resulted in the deaths of more than three thousand Alexandrian Militia soldiers, but despite defeating the Militia the Alliance was unable to hold the planet because of critical supply shortages and a lack of reinforcements; as a result, the Fourteenth and the other units involved in the campaign were withdrawn in June 2238, effectively giving up control of the planet.
Amongst those who saw combat against the Fourteenth was a sergeant in the Third Alexandrian Militia named Hector Worthington Rowe, who was left permanently embittered and angry from the campaign, and who would eventually found the Periphery nation known as the Rim Worlds Republic.
- The Periphery, First Edition, p. 15-16, "Birth of the Rim Worlds Republic"