14th Sainze Rear Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
|14th Sainze Rear Guard Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Sainze|
Garret Sainze was elected to ilKhan in February 3071, but did not handle the position well. Disgusted at the entire political circus taking place, Scorpion Khan Ariel Suvorov declared a Trial of Refusal against Sainze's election as ilKhan, declaring him an incompetent leader with delusions of glory. With no choice but to accept or lose what little respect he had left, Sainze met Suvorov's forces on Shadow. In a three-day campaign four Clusters from his Kindraa battled a like number of Goliath Scorpions; by the end of the fighting Sainze had perished, along with the Fourteenth Sainze Rear Guard Battle Cluster.
The Cluster had no special tactical traits.
Fourteenth Sainze Rear Guard Battle Cluster - Regular/Fanatical 
- 6 Binaries, includes:
Fourteenth Sainze Rear Guard Battle Cluster - Veteran/Fanatical 
- 120% full strength with 15% of the force equipped with OmniMechs.
The unit may roll on the Front Line table for random 'Mech assignment. They gains +1 to initiative when they are the defending in woods, mountains or urban environments.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 63-64
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 64, 191
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 46, "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174