- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3063)|
|Parent Formation||Free Capella|
The Blackwind Lancers was first formed by Chancellor Barbara Liao as the Fourteenth Zurich Lancers as part of the Amaris Coup in Liao's late efforts to help General Aleksandr Kerensky's fight to defeat Usurper's forces.
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 Alternate Emblems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
First Succession War
After the outbreak of the First Succession War the unit was stationed on Chesterton borders of FedSuns to confront Davion aggressions. During this time the regiment fought for control of many Davion worlds; Algot, Demeter, Halloran V and New Aragon but was not able to keep these planets from FedSun forces. The Lancer's worst defeat in this time period was to the elements of Avalon Hussars on Jaipur where the unit lost two battalions of 'Mechs trying seize Jaipur's 'Mech production facilities.
Raid on Royalston
In 2922 the unit conduct a raid against the Davion world of Royalston where they discovered a SLDF store house full of 'Mech replacement parts. Royalston's reserve battalion arrived in time to engage the Lancers for the claim of the discovery. Standing their ground, the unit battled with the reserve force only to find they stalled them just long enough for reinforcements to arrive. The Lancers charged the supplemented Davion forces and were destroyed.
Raid on Bacum
The Lancers were reformed in 2950 in the hopes of avenging their fallen comrades from thirty-two years before. The reborn Lancers raided the world of Bacum and destroyed that world's Aerospace depot as vengeance. Since that new beginning, the unit participated primarily in seek-and-destroy missions against Federated Sun targets. The unit didn't prevail in most of these missions but inflicted considerable damage to its foes before retreating.
Third Succession War
In 3006 the Blackwind Lancers were assigned to Halloran V. From there they, along with Marion's Highlanders raided the Federated Suns worlds of Demeter, Almach, and Chesterton. Wolf's Dragoons sent their Beta, Gamma, and Delta Regiments to the world, supported by Zeta Battalion. After the Liao raiders returned, the Dragoons hit them. Delta Regiment pinned the Lancers in place, while the other Dragoon units faced the Highlanders. The Lancers held their positions for several days, but the Dragoons tricked them into retreating. The Lancers appeared in the Highlanders' rear area, causing confusion and eventually the Highlanders collapsed. The Dragoons conquered Halloran V.
Fourth Succession War
War of 3039
Xin Sheng Campaign
The Blackwind Lancers contributed significantly to the outbreak of the Capellan-St. Ives War in 3060 when a Maskirovka deep cover agent posing as Major Smithson, commander of the Blackwind Lancers' Third Battalion, launched a pre-emptive attack on the world of Hustaing during Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao's Xin Sheng tour. This incident allowed Sun-Tzu to use his status as First Lord of the Star League to send occupation forces to Compact worlds on the Confederation border. This action later escalated into a full-scale conflict between the two states. The assets of the Blackwind Lancers' Third Battalion was seized by the Confederation to form a new unit, the Hustaing Warriors.
The Blackwind Lancers faced the Dynasty Guard twice during this period. They raided Highspire after an attack on Treyhang Liao; The Dynasty Guard caught up to the Lancers on Chesterton shortly after that. The Guard and Lancers clashed, with the Lancers eventually forcing the Guard to withdraw. After the fighting in the Xin Sheng Campaign ended, the Blackwind Lancers had expanded into a reinforced regiment of four battalions. The new unit was short a company in each battalion, but was expected to grow by the end of 3067. The unit flew its own colors alongside the Free Capella insignia. During this time, the Lancers were based on Spica in the Federated Suns.
During an assault on Denbar the Lancers Second Battalion faced the Hustaing Warriors. Despite having the Warriors trapped, the Lancers were unprepared for a pair of Thunder BattleMechs to force them back. The Warriors were able to escape the ambush, and the Second Battalion of the Lancers lost half their 'Mechs.
During Operation THUNDERSTRIKE the Lancers moved from their Capellan baseworld of Beid to Ares. There they reinforced the 4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry, destroying the 5th Syrtis Fusiliers in a surprise attack.
- CO: Colonel Richard Tiberius
- 1st Battalion: Major Oscar Foldess
- 2nd Battalion: Major Thadeus Tong
- 3rd Battalion: Major Emmanuel Arsen
- CO: Colonel Leonid Perrin
- CO: Colonel Leonid Perrin
- 1st Battalion (Regular/Reliable): Major Nichole Allings
- 2nd Battalion (Regular/Questionable): Major Trisha Smithson
- 3rd Battalion (Green/Reliable): Major Chad Murphy
Blackwind Lancers (1 Regiment/Veteran/Independent)
- CO: 1st Battalion: Colonel Warner Doles
- XO/Lieutenant-Colonel Jahna Castillian
- 2nd Battalion: Major "Trapper" Jim McIntery
- 3rd Battalion: Major Tare Ni Peh
- Wing Commander: Major Skip Pasquinelli
- CO/1st Regiment: Lieutenant-Colonel Zhan Caanan
- XO: Major Rebecca Tcho
- Fields Hovercrafts and two lances SRM Carrier
85th Armor Grenadiers (1 Battalion/Green/Independent)
- CO: Lieutenant-Colonel Stephen Devon
Blackwind Lancers (Elite/Independent)
- CO: Senior Colonel Warner Doles
51st Air Lancers (Elite/Independent)
- CO: Lieutenant-Colonel Skip Pasquinelli
104th Armored Cavalry (Veteran/Independent)
- CO: Lieutenant-Colonel Zhan Caanan
85th Armored Infantry (Veteran/Independent)
- CO: Lieutenant-Colonel Frank Tillman
The 51st Air Lancers are called the "Bull Fighter"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 91 - "Blackwind Lancers" - Unit's first destruction on Royalston in 2922.
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 7
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 8
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 20
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 86
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 30
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 34
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 58
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 224
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 66, "Annihilation on Talon"
- House Liao (the Capellan Confederation), p. 91, "Blackwind Lancers" - Unit Composition - 3025
- 20 Year Update, p. 29, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 43, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 114, "Black Wind LancersUnit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- House Liao (Confederation Capella), p. 105, "Deployment Table"
- House Liao (the Capellan Confederation), p. 91 "Blackwind Lancers" - Primary BattleMechs
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Threads of Ambition
- The Killing Fields
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade