15th Division (Word of Blake)
|15th Division - Divine Inspiration IV-delta|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 15th Division was a "hidden" Word of Blake Militia unit, was noted for operating in Marik space during the Jihad.
Sneak attack on Van Diemen IV
The unit first appeared in the Jihad on Van Diemen IV in September, 3069. The unit counting a sneak attack on the Third Oriente Hussars. The 15th used combination of heavy artillery and aerospace fighters to beleaguer the Hussars. It wasn't till the traitor, Force Commander Norris Anderson, killed the the Hussars commander, Colonel Theresa Mathews, clinch the battle for the Blakist. The 3rd Orientes in chaos by the death of its commander, large number of the joined the 15th Division with a portion of one of the infantry support unit, the Second Van Diemen Green Jackets.
Atreus and support of the Pro-Blake League
After the pacification of the Atreus, the 15th used in "peacekeeping" force as well raiders to support the Marik Commonwealth and Captain-General Corinne Marik. Two of the Division's level III units are deployed as part of Atreus's garrison force. The unit presence on Atreus has made them symbol of Word of Blake's power in Marik Commonwealth.
In 3077 however, the 30th Division was reassigned to Atreus. Once on the ground, the 30th and 15th were both targeted by the 2nd Free Worlds Legionnaires and the 8th Free Worlds Legionnaires. The 30th was destroyed completely, and even the extensive use of tactical nuclear weapons couldn't save the 15th from destruction. Only a handful of Blakists managed to withdraw offworld, although history records the 15th as having been destroyed here. The Free Worlds Legionnaires were so angry with the 15th in particular, and the Blakists in general, because they had been doing most of the fighting against the Knights of the Inner Sphere. The chemical attacks the Blakists unleashed on unsuspecting civilians and Parliament didn't help.
- 3070 - Precentor V-Epsilon Evelyn Jennings
The 15th specializes in combat with Duchy of Oriente forces.
Unknown - Unit has absorbed 3rd Oriente has given a large quantity of Free Worlds League men and equipment to the Division.
Half of the 15th Division elements roll from the Free Worlds League Random Rolling Table. When facing Duchy of Oriente forces, the unit gains a positive initiative; however it suffers negative initiative when facing any other force.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p.?? - "planet of invasion was misspelled in book".
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 130 - "Notable pilot Adept Norris Anderson named as traitor who took out Hussar's commander".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 98 - "3rd Orientes join the Word of Blake/15 Division at death of its commander".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 140 - "Rule Annex for 15th Division" - Unit became symbol of Blake power while stationed on Marik Commonwealth's capital world.
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 14
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 8
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 7
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 140, "Rules Annex"