167th Phalanx (Clan Steel Viper)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3073)|
|Parent Formation||Omega Galaxy|
In June 3073 the 167th Fang was part of the defending Steel Viper for on Foster when Beta Galaxy of Clan Goliath Scorpion assaulted the planet. A Trial of Possession was launched for two of the Viper holdings and the Scorpions granted Safcon. The trials were fought honorably, but the killing of the Viper's commanding officer by an abtakha warrior of the Twenty-second Uhlans sparked all out fighting with no quarter given. The Vipers declared the Scorpion warriors Dezgra and attacked all out in reply the Scorpions orbitally bombarded the Vipers destroying them. 
The Galaxy commander had given the order to the Star Colonel of the Cluster in the late 3050s to use all opportunities to secure victory. This included urban warfare, traps and other dirty Inner Sphere tactics. 
- 1 BattleMech Trinary
- 2 Conventional Infantry Trinaries
- 1 Aerospace Trinary
167th Fang - Veteran/Reliable 
- 90% strength
In the late 3050s and early 3060s the Cluster suffers supply difficulties and must start a battle with only half standard ammunition loads.
- In 3067 the unit is listed as the 167th Fang, while this could simply be a mistake it could represent an upgrade in material for the unit and a change in designation. The cluster was rated at 90% strength.
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 149
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 80
- The Wars of Reaving, p.124 "Scorpion Gambit"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 138
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 185