169th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|169th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Punaluu Division|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Kathil, assigned as a part of the XXIX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region and then transferred to District 3 in response to the Periphery Uprising in 2765. The 169th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions. Component units of the Division are skilled in urban and zero-g warfare.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- 2509th Royal Battle Regiment
- 2612th Royal Battle Regiment
- 2670th Royal Battle Regiment
- 1335th Royal Mechanised Infantry Regiment
- 1400th Royal Mechanised Infantry Regiment
- 1492nd Royal Mechanised Infantry Regiment
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 53, "169th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"