16th Scorpion Dragoons (Clan Goliath Scorpion)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|16th Scorpion Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 3073)|
|Nickname||The Gate Crashers|
|Parent Formation||Gamma Galaxy|
The Sixteenth Scorpion Dragoons were known throughout the Clan homeworlds for their ability to inflict damaging strikes on enemy positions by using fast, heavy strikes. When Clan Wolf Loremaster Katya Kerensky visited Roche, the Sixteenth formed her honor guard. Between 3061 and 3067 they were part of the Roche garrison.
The Wars of Reaving
In March 3073 the Dragoons as part of Gamma Galaxy landed on Foster in an attempt to relieve the siege of the Scorpion enclave of Pillar Prime. They charged the southern flank of the besieging Clan Coyote forces, quickly overwhelming a Coyote artillery position and pushed to capture a dominant hill. Unfortunately the swift assault of the Sixteenth Scorpion Dragoons meant they became exposed to air attack from the Coyote's elite Strike Aerospace Binary of the 76th Assault Cluster and took severe casualties as the bombs flattened the hilltop. The survivors were forced to retreat off planet.
It is uncertain if the Dragoons were in any state to take part in the renewed attack on Foster in June 3073, however they along with the rest of Gamma Galaxy were disbanded after this fighting and merged with Beta Galaxy.
The Cluster was known for their lighting assaults.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 113, "16th Scorpion Dragoons"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p.124 "Scorpion Gambit"
- The Wars of Reaving, p.125 "Scorpion Gambit"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 183