16th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|16th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy|
The one of the Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy's cadre units, cadets assigned to the 16th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre are put to the ultimate test by seeing real combat.
The unit was built around soldiers who were originally going to be posted to the 13th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre and 15th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre. The unit was formed on New Samarkand, but once it reached full strength it redeployed to Luthien.
Federated Suns Incursion
During the Jihad the Sixteenth SZAC spent most of it's time traveling along the Combine-Ghost Bear Dominion border, including Idlewind and Kiamba. These trips were to deter any renegade Rasalhaugian units from raiding the Combine. At the same time, the more experienced warriors of the Sixteenth Cadre were shuttled to Kessel to replace losses suffered by the 5th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre. These warriors were replaced by new graduates from the Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy.
The Sixteenth has spent most of its time after the Jihad patrolling the Combine's border with the Outworlds Alliance and Clan Snow Raven. These soldiers have been busy, as there are only two DCMS regiments in the Tabayama Prefecture. The Sixteenth also served in the Combine's recapture of Schirmeck from the Alliance. The Ravens have increased their raids in recent years to counter the loss of Schirmek and Goubellat, and the Sixteenth's experience in repelling Clan raids has been very useful.
In the Second Combine-Dominion War, the Sixteenth was kept busy patrolling the Combine's border with the Raven Alliance. This was done to protect Vincent Kurita, Hohiro Kurita's son, who was serving in the unit at the time.
The commander of the air wing, Sho-sa Steve Johannson, trains the cadets in anti-aircraft tactics.
3059 to 3067
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Jean Fabier
- XO/2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Franklin Kepplinger
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Terrence Midowara
- The unit is well supplied and fields mostly light machines.
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Steve Johansson
16th Sun Zhang Cadre (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Iulian Ó’Floinn
16th Sun Zhang Aerospace (Wing/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Cho-sa Tsubasa Hamasaki
16th Sun Zhang Cadre (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Wallace Gutierrez
16th Sun Zhang Aerospace (Wing/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Sho-sa Takakazu Katsushika
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 93, "16th Sun Zhang Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 112, "16th Sun Zhang Cadre"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 14
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 45
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 22
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 59 "Sixteenth Sun Zhang Cadre"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 117, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 51, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 63, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"