171st Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
|171st Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Omicron Provisional Galaxy|
The newest of the Crimson Guards, they formed in 3051. They were part of the force assigned to retake the Arcadia enclave from Clan Star Adder in 3066, In 3069 the Guards were led by Khan Karianna Schmitt on Albion capturing several industrial complexes from Clan Star Adder. Then defended these holdings on Albion when they came under several attacks between 3070 to 3072 by Adder forces.  In early 3073 they took part in the assault on Eden against the Star Adder and Clan Hell's Horses enclaves, showing no mercy to the Adders in retribution for the bombardment of York, after the battle they were left on Eden as guards.  It is unclear if the Cluster later joined the rest of Omicron Galaxy for the disastrous fighting on Tokasha in mid 3074,  however they do not appear on the Blood Spirit roster after this date.
- In 3059 the Commanding Officer was Star Colonel Suzanne Church.
- In 3066 Andre Blood Spirit (a ProtoMech pilot) challenged Church in a Trial of Grievance over her poor use of ProtoMechs during the Arcadia campaign and won. He assumed command as the Star Colonel.
Under the command of Suzanne Church ProtoMechs were poorly handled tactically. 
- A Trinary of ProtoMechs was added sometime before 3066. 
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 33, "171st Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p.38
- The Wars of Reaving, p.42
- The Wars of Reaving, p.104
- The Wars of Reaving, p.122
- The Wars of Reaving, p.139
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 158
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"