175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Desert Rats|
|Parent Formation||XXIV Corps|
In 2764 the Desert Rats were a part of XXIV Corps within the Fifth Army, and were stationed on New Aragon, assigned to District 1 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region. The 175th and then transferred to District 2 by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 175th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 153, "Fifth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 81, "175th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133