2nd Amphigean Light Assault Group
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|2nd Amphigean Light Assault Group|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Amphigean Light Assault Group|
Second Succession War
Formed in the lead-up to the Second Succession War, the Second Amphigean Light Assault Group acquitted itself admirably during the hellish conflict, conducting successful search and destroy missions with its fellow First Amphigean LAG on Strawn, Kessel and Kobe. The Second's destruction of a Lyran Commonwealth regiment of heavy and assault BattleMechs in a series of hit-and-run raids over a course of several weeks in-fact spawned the "Light Assault Group" appellation for the entire Amphigean brigade.
Third Succession War
As of 3025, the Second Amphigean was initially stationed alongside the First Amphigean on Reisling's Planet, before both units participated in the Galtor Campaign, replacing the Third Benjamin Regulars who were redeployed to defend Tripoli.  The Second advanced with First Amphigean towards the real Star League depot on Galtor but fell behind as it tried to maintain formation in the rolling hills, the isolated First taking heavy damage before the Second Amphigean could extract them, the Combine units unable to reach the depot to save the now trapped Kismet Battalion of the Seventh Sword of Light.
After the First Amphigean left Galtor, the Second joined with the Eighth Galedon Regulars in the strike against the Davion-held city of New Derry. Emerging from a sewer tunnel in the middle of the city, the Second's Pollux Battalion took heavy losses including its commander Chu-sa Saxton, but with air-support were able to kill the defending Davion commander Sir William Dobson.   After the abrupt withdraw of Warlord Yorioshi's Sixth and Seventeenth Benjamin Regulars from Galtor, the arrival of Fourth Cucis Lancers allowed the Davion forces to run roughshod over the remaining Combine units, the Second Amphigean being ordered by Warlord Grieg Samsonov to retreat off-world.  
Fourth Succession War
During the early months of the Fourth Succession War Coordinator Takashi Kurita was focused on his conflict with the Wolf's Dragoons mercenary brigade, but following pleas for help from Chancellor Maximilian Liao the DCMS planned and launched additional offensives against perceived weak spots on the Federated Suns border. The Galtor Thumb region was one such weak spot, and Marduk was invaded by the Second Amphigean Light Assault Group. The planetary militia on Marduk consisted of aging 'Mechs piloted by old pilots and a few regiments of conventional forces, which were swiftly defeated by the LAG. Despite the militia being easily beaten, an extensive guerrilla resistance campaign began on Marduk that would continue to dog the DCMS forces on the planet, even though the Combine officially considered the planet to have been annexed in early January 3029.
Following the lull in major offensives in early 3029, a number of new offensives began as the Fourth Succession War entered its second year. In early July 3029 Coordinator Takashi Kurita moved to Irurzun from Luthien and took more of an interest in combat actions on the border between the Draconis Combine and Federated Suns than he had earlier in the war, where his attention had been almost completely focused on Wolf's Dragoons. Ten days after arriving on Irurzun Takashi had drafted and launched a new offensive aimed at securing more worlds from the Federated Suns, and Royal was one of those worlds. Assigned to the conquest of Royal, the Second had little difficulty defeating the defending forces as the DCMS inexorably annexed the Galtor Thumb region.
War of 3039
As of 3038, the Second Amphigean was again stationed alongside the First Amphigean on Reisling's Planet. When the War of 3039 erupted, Kanrei Theodore Kurita held both regiments back until the Combine's massed counterattack during the combined-Federated Commonwealth's second invasion wave, ordering them to retake New Mendham. Landing on 12 July 3039, the combined Amphigean force initially threw the defending Davion Light Guards and First Chisholm's Raiders off-balance, but the battle eventually devolved into a costly stalemate before the Davion troops were ordered to withdraw in mid-October.  Having suffered extremely heavy losses, after the conclusion of the conflict, the Second Amphigean joined the First in returning to Reisling's Planet to rebuild. 
Stationed on Galtor immediately prior to the Clan Invasion, by the Clans fifth invasion wave the Second Amphigean had been transferred to defend Avon. Facing the Clan Smoke Jaguar's Fifth Jaguar Regulars, Fourth Jaguar Dragoons and 214th Jaguar Dragoons, and Clan Nova Cat's 274th Battle Cluster and 449th Assault Cluster.both Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Nova Cat in November 3051, the Second knew it stood little chance of winning a open stand-up engagement and opted to wage a short but fierce guerrilla campaign aimed at destroying as much of the Clans' supplies as possible. Entire companies of 'Mechs attacked Clan supply depots under the cover of darkness, though in truth their attacks were merely diversions to allow commando units to infiltrate and plant explosives among the supplies. As a result of such "perfidious" tactics, the Smoke Jaguar commander ordered a "headhunter" Star to locate and destroy the Second's command post. The unit succeeded during a ruthlessly brutal strike that killed the entire command staff. Bereft of leadership the Second's efforts began to falter, until finally the Second Amphigean was destroyed just days later at the combined hands of the Smoke Jaguars and Nova Cats. </ref> 
Reformed during the so-called Dark Ages, the Second Amphigean Light Assault Group joined the 1st Amphigean Light Assault Group in battling the Nova Cat's Gamma Galaxy on Avon during the Nova Cat Rebellion. Though the two Light Assault Groups were eventually able to destroy the Nova Cats, they sustained heavy losses during the fighting.
As of 3145, the commanding officer of the unit was Tai-sa Mitchell "Eagle Eye" Stonethrower
Equipped with light 'Mechs, the Second Amphigean Light Assault Group favors "dishonorable" tactics like massed fire.
Second Amphigean Light Assault Group (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: Brigadier General Karl Gramenov
Second Amphigean Light Assault Group (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable)
Second Amphigean Light Assault Group (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable) 
- CO: Tai-sa Pho Lashjui
Second Amphigean Light Assault Group (2 Battalions/Veteran/Reliable) (105% Strength)
- CO: Tai-sa Mitchell “Eagle Eye” Stonethrower
Bright Suns (Wing/Elite/Fanatical) (100% Strength)
- CO: Sho-sa Quincy Terrell
Seventeenth Lucerne Recon (Veteran/Questionable) (100% Strength) 
- CO: Tai-sa Tammy Houston
Nineteenth Light Scouts (Veteran/Reliable) (90% Strength)
- CO: Tai-sa Hikozaemon Igarashi
- The unit had a "B" Equipment Rating.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, pp. 94-96 "Alternate Paths - Amphigean Light Assault Groups: Pack Mentality"
- The Galtor Campaign, p. 24 "History - Phase Two"
- The Galtor Campaign, p. 29 "History - The Amphigean Advance - Davion Counterattacks"
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 14 "Tracks - Dahar No More"
- The Galtor Campaign, pp. 33-34 "History - Fall of New Derry"
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 14 "Tracks - Stand of Defiance"
- The Galtor Campaign, pp. 34-35 "History - Traitor - Disaster"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 80, "Other Actions"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 30, "A New Approach"
- Historical: War of 3039, pp. 94-96 "Wave Two and Counterattack - New Mendham (July-October)"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139 "Deployment Table - Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery - Amphigean LAG"
- 20 Year Update, p.42 "Draconis Combine - Deployment Table"
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), p.59-60 "Clan Smoke Jaguar - Fifth Wave: All-out War"
- Invading Clans, p. 119 "Clan Nova Cat - Fifth Wave - Avon (DC)"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 36
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 50
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 62, "Second Amphigean Light Assault Group"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 137
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 62, Draconis Combine - Alternate Paths.
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 8
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 137
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 66, Draconis Combine - Deployment Table continued
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- The Galtor Campaign
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- Historical: War of 3039
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine