17th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|17th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||VIII Corps|
In 2764 the Seventeenth Royal was a part of VIII Corps within the Fourteenth Army and assigned to Destrict 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Seventeenth Royal was then transferred to District 2 by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The Seventeenth Royal survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"