180th Attack (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|180th Attack Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
The 180th Attack Cluster was the command unit of Theta Galaxy, and was often assigned to vessels considered to be the most vulnerable to attack. Between 3059 and 3067 the 180th was stationed on Hector.
During 3068 and 3071 the Custer was rotated across all of the Clan's holdings in the homeworlds in an attempt to confuse the other Clans as to its true strength and cover the troop movements to the Inner Sphere. On Huntress a Society cell operating from a Brian Cache close to the Hellion enclave made its move in August 3071 when a Dark Caste force raided the holding. A Trinary from the 180th Attack Cluster moved to intercept and were ambushed by a Society force of advanced ProtoMechs. The Trinary was quickly destroyed allowing the bandits to seize the enclave.
|Commanding Officers of the 180th Attack Cluster|
|Galaxy Commander||Marcus Wick||3067|
- CO: Galaxy Commander Renold
180th Attack Cluster (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Marcus Wick
The Cluster gains +2 to initiative when deploying combined arms forces. Warriors also gain a -1 piloting modifier when operation in low and zero gravity. Extra damage for movement in such conditions is reduced by 1.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 89, "180th Attack Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153 "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 72, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 84
- Wars of Reaving, p. 110
- Wars of Reaving, p. 98
- Wars of Reaving, p. 110-111
- Wars of Reaving, p. 129
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 177