180th Attack (Clan Ice Hellion)
|180th Attack Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
The 180th Attack Cluster was the command unit of Theta Galaxy, and was often assigned to vessels considered to be the most vulnerable to attack. Between 3059 and 3067 the 180th was stationed on Hector.
During 3068 and 3071 the Custer was rotated across all of the Clan's holdings in the homeworlds in an attempt to confuse the other Clans as to its true strength and cover the troop movements to the Inner Sphere. On Huntress a Society cell operating from a Brian Cache close to the Hellion enclave made its move in August 3071 when a Dark Caste force raided the holding. A Trinary from the 180th Attack Cluster moved to intercept and were ambushed by a Society force of advanced ProtoMechs. The Trinary was quickly destroyed allowing the bandits to seize the enclave.
- CO: Galaxy Commander Renold
180th Attack Cluster (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Marcus Wick
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 89, "180th Attack Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153 "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 72, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 84
- Wars of Reaving, p. 110
- Wars of Reaving, p. 98
- Wars of Reaving, p. 110-111
- Wars of Reaving, p. 129