189th Battle Regiment
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|189th Battle Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XXV Corps|
The 189th Battle Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The 189th was an independent command in the XXV Corps of the Eighth Army, and in 2764 was assigned to District 1 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. In 2765 they were stationed in the Federation of Oriente, the lone SLDF unit to be present in that polity. To maintain their skills they often worked and trained with the 360th BattleMech Division or the Sixty-seventh BattleMech Division for exercises.
The eruption of the New Vandenberg Uprising in 2765 caused many SLDF units to be mobilized into the periphery to assist in putting down the uprising and ensuing rebellion, with the remaining SLDF units redistributed to cover the resulting gaps. This resulted in the 189th being moved to District 3 of the FWLMR.
In 2773 the 189th was part of the first wave of troops to hit the planet of Connaught. They smuggled themselves in system disguised on merchant vessels along with the Second French Infantry Regiment. Joining up with the 157th BattleMech Division that arrived via a pirate point close to the planet on three Potemkin-class warships, they dropped on to the highest priority targets. Over the next few days they took heavy casualties before being relieved by the main assault force of the Eighth Army. 
The 189th survived the Hegemony Campaign, but didn't follow Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus; instead, the 189th joined the Capellan Confederation. Recruited by the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces in 2783, the 189th was redesignated as the Twenty-fourth Sian Dragoons in 2786.
In 2765 the unit was led by Colonel Vitale.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 112
- The Star League, p. 141
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 130
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"
- The Star League, p. 133