18th Marik Militia
|18th Marik Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||The Rose of Connaught|
|Parent Formation||Marik Militia|
During the Marik Civil War, the Eighteenth Militia supported Anton Marik, initially meeting with great success in their battles. They quickly subdued Sorunda. On New Olympia, however, the cadets of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School managed to hold off the Eighteenth until reinforcements could arrive. These actions cost the Eighteenth Marik Militia a battalion of BattleMechs. After the 21st Centauri Lancers arrived to reinforce the cadets, the 18th left New Olympia and secures Drusibacken. They then planned an attack on Keystone. This attack was apparently unsuccessful, as was a raid on Emris IV where the 18th was savaged by the 6th Orloff Grenadiers and 8th Orloff Grenadiers. When the 18th relocated to New Delos, they could only muster a battalion of troops.
Fourth Succession War
War of 3039
In 3039 the 18th took the world of Hall from the Federated Commonwealth quickly and easily. Unfortunately the Black Widow Company led the counterattack, capturing part of the Second Battalion and smashing the other two battalions. The 18th withdrew to their base world to rebuild.
With the revelations of the Jihad and the fragmenting of the Free Worlds League the Eighteenth suffered a crisis of conscience. In 3076 they left their post on Connaught and struck out for the Periphery border. While resting on Umka, they were contacted by the planet's government which offered to feed, clothe and house the unit if it defended them from pirate and Marian Hegemony attacks. While considering this offer, the governments of Eleusis and Aspropirgos made similar offers to the Eighteenth. After some deliberation, the Eighteenth decided to accept these offers. As of 3079 a battle group based around one 'Mech battalion is present on those worlds.
The command could not fight as an cohesive unit because of the bad influence of the CO's. Once a proud unit it has developed to a running joke within the brigade.
18th Marik Militia (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Isadora Alvarez
18th Marik Militia (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
18th Marik Militia (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Jerome Merz
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Jerome Merz
- XO: Lieutenant-Colonel Julie Kiel
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Halle Frazier
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Joseph J Schifrin
- Wing Commander: Commodore Kristen David
6th Connaught Light Recon (The Newgrange Battalion) (1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Daniel Morney
23rd Atrean Jump Infantry (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Arrigo Sacchi
The Eighteenth Marik Militia came through the Jihad in relatively good shape. They had only lost about twenty percent of their pre-Jihad strength. The larger problem is the poor morale of the unit. Though their new duties bouyed them for a time, the realization that the Free Worlds League is gone has made the Militiamen cynical.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 18
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 23
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 27
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 27
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 32
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 31
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 63
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 15
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWL Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 63, "18th Marik Militia Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 149
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140
- Field Manual 3085, p.