1st Battle Payne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|1st Battle Payne|
|Unit Profile (as of 3066)|
|Nickname||Embers of Warfare|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Payne|
The First Battle Payne was a front line cluster of Kindraa Payne. In the early thirtieth century it was the only committed Crusader Cluster in Kindraa Payne. In 3048 they provided two Stars to Clan Fire Mandrill's Provisional Assault Cluster that competed in the Trials prior to Operation Revival. It was stationed on Foster in 3059.
In 3066 Kindraa Beyl-Grant challenged for the position of saKhan within the Clan in an attempt to bring more Warden causes before the Clan Council. Kindraa Sainze, holder of the office, was infuriated and struck at the Beyl-Grant with three Clusters. The fighting was fierce and Beyl-Grant stood a good chance of being annihilated but Kindraa Payne and Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga intervened and forced the Sainze warriors to withdraw. The First were destroyed in this conflict.
The First used its Screen Trinary to combat Elementals.
First Battle Payne - Elite/Reliable 
- Battle Trinary
- Scout Trinary
- Screen Trinary - Deployed a high number of Nova OmniMechs.
- Strike Trinary
All 'Mechs are OmniMechs. Screen Trinary does not suffer the +1 modifier to-hit against Battle Armor.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 48, "Unit Profile"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 19-20
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 42
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174