1st Bolan Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|First Bolan Guards LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Commonwealth Guards|
As the Jihad came to an end, the Alliance Guards brigade was in an invidious position, having been reduced to just two active commands, both well below regimental strength. Originally a Federated Commonwealth brigade, the damage inflicted on the Alliance Guards was effectively the last straw for the beleaguered organization. Combining the two surviving commands into a single independent Regimental Combat Team was mooted as an option, but the General of the Armies instead chose to take a different path, and used the commands as the basis for a new brigade: the Commonwealth Guards. The First Bolan Guards was one of the commands to rise from the ashes of the Alliance Guards; formed from the core of the Fifth Alliance Guards under the command of Leutnant-General James Ito, the First Bolan Guards was formed as a Light Combat Team, while the least experienced personnel from the Fifth Alliance Guards were used to form the nucleus of a sister combat team, the Second Buena Guards. While Ito's move from commander of an RCT to an LCT was effectively a demotion, Ito was sanguine about it, instead viewing the move as a step towards his retirement. By 3085 the First Bolan Guards were the best of the commands within the Commonwealth Guards, and tipped to be the first command to return to RCT status if resources were made available in the future. As of 3085 the Guards were stationed on Cavanaugh II, on the border between the Commonwealth and the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey.
By the time Trillian Steiner had been declared Archon the First Bolan Guards had already been destroyed, fighting a desperate defense on Bolan against forces from Clan Wolf. The Archon inherited a Commonwealth Guards brigade that had been loaded with officers chosen for their loyalty to Duke Brewer, but which she couldn't afford not to deploy because of the huge pressure the Commonwealth was under. The actual combat readiness of the various regiments within the brigade varied considerably depending on how close they were to the remaining military production sites still in Lyran hands or how loyal they were to the Archon.
First Bolan Guards LCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General James Ito
First Bolan Guard Aerospace (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Hakon Sokolsky
First Bolan Armor Brigade (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Thales Krall
First Bolan Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Rodrigo Geissler
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 99, "Commonwealth Guards"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 107, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Deployment Table 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 123, "Commonwealth Guards"